Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
soton tomorrow 15:19 - Oct 5 with 6823 viewsmawdlamjack

it's going to be a good test tomorrow,soton play a similar style to st gallen so hopefully we will be ready for them, i'm going to stick my neck out and predict a 1-1 draw .i think ML will ring the changes yet again and i expect a team something like :
vorm
tiendalli , chico, amat,davies
canas , leon, shelvey,
dyer, michu
vasquez

rangel to start if fit instead of tiendalli, ash for amat if fit

on the northbank since 64 now languishing in the east stand

soton tomorrow on 15:51 - Oct 5 with 5810 viewsraynor94

No Michu or Bony, are you being serious? sorry missed Michu, i`d play him an Bony tomorrow, we can beat Saints
[Post edited 5 Oct 2013 16:00]

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

soton tomorrow on 15:55 - Oct 5 with 5804 viewsJokeren1943

Good stuff. Agree all the way except on 3 positions

Routledge instead of Leon
Bony instead of Vasquez
Pozuelo instead of Dyer

We need Pozuelo, Routledge and Bony to break though the strong Southampton defense.

Pozuelo is the one player we have, who is truely unpredictable. because he can turn faster then a cat, and has a good eye for assists. When said, Laudrup proberly will end up choosing Dyer - sadly.

[Post edited 5 Oct 2013 16:18]
soton tomorrow on 15:58 - Oct 5 with 5792 viewsDarran

soton tomorrow on 15:51 - Oct 5 by raynor94

No Michu or Bony, are you being serious? sorry missed Michu, i`d play him an Bony tomorrow, we can beat Saints
[Post edited 5 Oct 2013 16:00]

Do you wear glasses Rayns?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

soton tomorrow on 16:01 - Oct 5 with 5777 viewsraynor94

soton tomorrow on 15:58 - Oct 5 by Darran

Do you wear glasses Rayns?

My eyesight is going fast, that`s what over 40 years in heavy industry does to you

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

soton tomorrow on 16:11 - Oct 5 with 5749 viewsDarran

If all fit of course.

[team:133]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

soton tomorrow on 16:17 - Oct 5 with 5734 viewsLiam12345

boring 0 - 0

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

soton tomorrow on 16:47 - Oct 5 with 5699 viewsCaptain

Would love to see Jonjo and Pozuelo start, hope to god Rangel is fit.

Was reading the Southampton forums earlier to see what they thought ahead of tomorrow's game, a large amount of them seem to think we play the same style as them and will therefore "cancel each other out".

https://www.facebook.com/canadianswans A facebook page for Swansea City fans in Canada. Please like, share and spread the word!

soton tomorrow on 17:28 - Oct 5 with 5648 viewsSkipTheJack

I don't think Pozuelo can play when Michu is playing midfield. They just seem to get in each other's way all the time.

I think Bony should start tomorrow, but sometime soon I would love to see Michu up front with Pozuelo just behind him (because he's NOT a winger).
Login to get fewer ads

soton tomorrow on 17:46 - Oct 5 with 5628 viewssomersetsimon

soton tomorrow on 15:55 - Oct 5 by Jokeren1943

Good stuff. Agree all the way except on 3 positions

Routledge instead of Leon
Bony instead of Vasquez
Pozuelo instead of Dyer

We need Pozuelo, Routledge and Bony to break though the strong Southampton defense.

Pozuelo is the one player we have, who is truely unpredictable. because he can turn faster then a cat, and has a good eye for assists. When said, Laudrup proberly will end up choosing Dyer - sadly.

[Post edited 5 Oct 2013 16:18]

Pozuelo and Tiendalli on the same side of the pitch is not a good combination if we are under pressure. Pozuelo comes inside, so Tiendalli plays further forward and gets caught out of position.
I could see it working if we are in control and Tiendalli is on form. When Pozuelo comes inside, Tiendalli can give us the width. But in any case, if Michu is playing in his AM role, Pozuelo shouldn't be on the pitch.
soton tomorrow on 17:53 - Oct 5 with 5615 viewsjacksfullaces

maybe take a pause for breath tomorrow due to our defensive changes and get our organisation at the back right before we start trying to spray it around - lets dig in for 20 mins first and use dyer as an outball a la brendans era - only for a bit mind you.

BTW, these meal vouchers with the away tkts - they were a pleasant surprise - haven't seen that before - did people know that was part of the deal?
soton tomorrow on 17:54 - Oct 5 with 5613 viewssomersetsimon

What's plan B in case Amat or Chico gets injured? Davies to centre half and Taylor left back?
soton tomorrow on 18:08 - Oct 5 with 5590 viewsjacksfullaces

soton tomorrow on 17:54 - Oct 5 by somersetsimon

What's plan B in case Amat or Chico gets injured? Davies to centre half and Taylor left back?

and how near is taylor or even alfei to filling in at RB if Rangel is still out?
soton tomorrow on 18:41 - Oct 5 with 5553 viewsJokeren1943

soton tomorrow on 17:46 - Oct 5 by somersetsimon

Pozuelo and Tiendalli on the same side of the pitch is not a good combination if we are under pressure. Pozuelo comes inside, so Tiendalli plays further forward and gets caught out of position.
I could see it working if we are in control and Tiendalli is on form. When Pozuelo comes inside, Tiendalli can give us the width. But in any case, if Michu is playing in his AM role, Pozuelo shouldn't be on the pitch.

Tiendalli and Pozuelo playing together is not a major problem. But of course you have to adjust/balance with especially Canas and Shelvey when either Davies or Tiendalli is going forward.

But such agreements between the players exist in every system.

[Post edited 5 Oct 2013 18:43]
soton tomorrow on 19:05 - Oct 5 with 5526 viewskarnataka

soton tomorrow on 18:41 - Oct 5 by Jokeren1943

Tiendalli and Pozuelo playing together is not a major problem. But of course you have to adjust/balance with especially Canas and Shelvey when either Davies or Tiendalli is going forward.

But such agreements between the players exist in every system.

[Post edited 5 Oct 2013 18:43]

I disagree, Tiendalli and Pozuelo playing together was a major problem against St Gallen. Poz just isn't a winger so he comes inside unbalancing our shape and leaving Tiendall exposed and unable to be the attacking wingback ML likes our FBs to be. IMO it was a major factor in Tiendalli being caught out of position several times on Thursday. I see Poz as understudy to Michu in the AM role and never as an alternative to Dyer so definitely Dyer for me tomorrow.
soton tomorrow on 19:34 - Oct 5 with 5488 viewsJokeren1943

soton tomorrow on 19:05 - Oct 5 by karnataka

I disagree, Tiendalli and Pozuelo playing together was a major problem against St Gallen. Poz just isn't a winger so he comes inside unbalancing our shape and leaving Tiendall exposed and unable to be the attacking wingback ML likes our FBs to be. IMO it was a major factor in Tiendalli being caught out of position several times on Thursday. I see Poz as understudy to Michu in the AM role and never as an alternative to Dyer so definitely Dyer for me tomorrow.

The reality is Michu will play all matchs as central-attacking-medfielder as long his is not injured, the match is pointless, or he need a break.

So Pozuelos role will be a wing for Swansea 95 % of the times. And I see no problem that Canas and Shelvey can<t back up when our backs move forward.

Canas and Shelvey are extremly smart players.

But agree, there is still some adjustments to be made - or call it fine tuning.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2013 19:41]
soton tomorrow on 20:21 - Oct 5 with 5428 viewswr72

soton tomorrow on 16:11 - Oct 5 by Darran

If all fit of course.

That's the one
soton tomorrow on 22:18 - Oct 5 with 5305 viewsepaul

soton tomorrow on 17:53 - Oct 5 by jacksfullaces

maybe take a pause for breath tomorrow due to our defensive changes and get our organisation at the back right before we start trying to spray it around - lets dig in for 20 mins first and use dyer as an outball a la brendans era - only for a bit mind you.

BTW, these meal vouchers with the away tkts - they were a pleasant surprise - haven't seen that before - did people know that was part of the deal?

Yeah I did, prob be a greasy burger, oh well at least it will soak up the alcohol

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

soton tomorrow on 22:24 - Oct 5 with 5284 viewsSwansNZ

soton tomorrow on 16:11 - Oct 5 by Darran

If all fit of course.

So we're going to play it down the right?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

soton tomorrow on 23:48 - Oct 5 with 5188 viewsLord_Bony

Was travelling to S'mpton to watch the game tomorrow then changed my mind. I had a cold coming on and felt rough so on the way had a change of heart.

Had my family with me so we had a day out in Bath today instead.

Anyway for those who want tickets there will be about 50 for sale at St Marys at their ticket office about 12 midday at swans end but they reckon they will go quick.

Or you can get some at swanea box and they will send them on the coach to their ticket office for collection.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

soton tomorrow on 00:07 - Oct 6 with 5150 viewsItchySphincter

[team:136]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

soton tomorrow on 01:12 - Oct 6 with 5072 viewsinspector

i think canas, jonjo and michu will be in the centre. dyer and routs on the wing, with bony leading the line.

hope angel is fit (and ash obv)
soton tomorrow on 09:03 - Oct 6 with 4909 viewsdameedna

soton tomorrow on 00:07 - Oct 6 by ItchySphincter

I'd go with this a want to see britton and canas in the main.

Though would prefer to see rangel, routs and shelvey in like so:

vorm
rangel amat chico davies
dyer shelvey britton canas routs
michu

bony vazques pozuelo de guzman tiendalli hernandez tremell
soton tomorrow on 09:13 - Oct 6 with 4890 viewsJokeren1943

soton tomorrow on 00:07 - Oct 6 by ItchySphincter

Against a really strong defense we need Shelvey to break through
[Post edited 6 Oct 2013 9:14]
soton tomorrow on 09:14 - Oct 6 with 4887 viewsDr_Winston

Pozuelo ain't no winger. Dyer and Routs out wide please.

I'd hope to see Michu behind Bony, but wouldn't be surprised if Vasquez started after a decent cameo on Thu.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

soton tomorrow on 11:53 - Oct 6 with 4763 viewsItchySphincter

soton tomorrow on 09:03 - Oct 6 by dameedna

I'd go with this a want to see britton and canas in the main.

Though would prefer to see rangel, routs and shelvey in like so:

vorm
rangel amat chico davies
dyer shelvey britton canas routs
michu

bony vazques pozuelo de guzman tiendalli hernandez tremell

Yes, I would put Rangel in if fit. I'd keep Michu behind Bony as we seem to be more of a threat that way. I'd give Routs a rest for Hernadez. Shelvey misses out because I'd like us to take control of midfield back, hence Britton and Canas. It may seem a little 'uncreative' but I'd deploy Canas slightly more advanced than Leon as he is a little more forward looking whereas Leon is the perfect protection for Amat and Chico. I have a feeling that Canas could become a Ferrie Bodde type if he doesn't have to do all the anchor work. I'd like to see it, if it doesn't work we have loads of options to change it.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2013 13:56]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024