Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Narrow wingers 21:26 - Oct 20 with 2989 viewsborinifanclub

Are our wingers prevented from going wide by ML ?
The full back yesterday would have been sent off if Nath had run him ragged (like he used to do with chalk on his boots.)

Every day I thank the good Lord for the blessings he gives me. Every new day gives me a new opportunity to laugh at the red chumps up the road.

Narrow wingers on 21:45 - Oct 20 with 2928 viewsmatt_the_jack

Have you not been watching us the last year?

One again all Europe will hear, the Swansea City sound
Blog: Swans Away Days In Europe

Narrow wingers on 22:15 - Oct 20 with 2859 viewsDull1Thomas

I think he said he wanted players to run at the centre of opponents' defences to 'see what will happen', so it sounds like he's narrowing the pitch to make space for the fullbacks to attack even more.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Narrow wingers on 22:22 - Oct 20 with 2836 viewsborinifanclub

Narrow wingers on 21:45 - Oct 20 by matt_the_jack

Have you not been watching us the last year?

Of course I have been watching.......our wingers should have the choice to go wide as well as it is too easy to defend if you know the winger is always going narrow keep them guessing and you have an advantage that we are not using

Every day I thank the good Lord for the blessings he gives me. Every new day gives me a new opportunity to laugh at the red chumps up the road.

Narrow wingers on 22:24 - Oct 20 with 2823 viewsjack_lord

But then our strikers don't know what is happening if they don't know what the winger is going to do.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Narrow wingers on 22:28 - Oct 20 with 2802 viewsborinifanclub

Narrow wingers on 22:24 - Oct 20 by jack_lord

But then our strikers don't know what is happening if they don't know what the winger is going to do.

Um.....get to the bye line and cross the ball?

Narrow wingers on 22:41 - Oct 20 with 2751 viewsjack_lord

Yes, but professional footballers, at this level play to a plan and expect their colleagues to play in a certain way so they can move to the positions that the manager had trained them for so they do want the wingers to play in the way that they expect.

Narrow wingers on 22:45 - Oct 20 with 2720 viewsborinifanclub

Narrow wingers on 22:41 - Oct 20 by jack_lord

Yes, but professional footballers, at this level play to a plan and expect their colleagues to play in a certain way so they can move to the positions that the manager had trained them for so they do want the wingers to play in the way that they expect.

The great players do the unexpected regularly

Narrow wingers on 23:04 - Oct 20 with 2677 viewsjack_lord

Narrow wingers on 22:45 - Oct 20 by borinifanclub

The great players do the unexpected regularly

yes they do and it is stunning to watch.

Login to get fewer ads

Narrow wingers on 23:33 - Oct 20 with 2619 viewstruckjack

Narrow wingers on 22:22 - Oct 20 by borinifanclub

Of course I have been watching.......our wingers should have the choice to go wide as well as it is too easy to defend if you know the winger is always going narrow keep them guessing and you have an advantage that we are not using

Totally agree, Dyer has been very frustrating, not him personally i assume he's been told what to do, but come on, take the full back on occasionally, get to the by-line and cross the ball!!
Narrow wingers on 06:35 - Oct 21 with 2498 viewsgibs0n

Of course the wingers can go wide if the winger in the situation feel its the best option.

Our prefered style seems to be when the full back comes up and we then create a majority. Then the full back can play ST, AML, AMR, AMC - and our MC (Shelvey/Guzman) tries to be a danger as well.

Our players knows each other better and better. In 6 month time the new guys should have learned to know their team mates as well. Then I believe we will play more fluent and creative.
Narrow wingers on 19:13 - Oct 23 with 2258 viewsmawdlamjack

what's the point of them getting to the byeline if they can't cross the ball accurately, would rather see nath skin his fullback and go full speed into the area,might get a few penalties then.

on the northbank since 64 now languishing in the east stand

Narrow wingers on 23:00 - Oct 23 with 2151 viewsborinifanclub

Narrow wingers on 19:13 - Oct 23 by mawdlamjack

what's the point of them getting to the byeline if they can't cross the ball accurately, would rather see nath skin his fullback and go full speed into the area,might get a few penalties then.

Yup....see Leons masterclass last week !

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024