Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Cup overfloweth... 22:19 - Mar 7 with 1582 viewsTNT

We may not be involved in the FA Cup this weekend, but we've played in many Cup games this season. Which will live longest in your memory and why?

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Our Cup overfloweth... on 22:26 - Mar 7 with 1551 viewsPlasticman

If we're talking any cup game in this season, I'd say Valencia away.

If we are only talking the FA, I'd say ManU away.

Reason being nice football and big scalps.

Plastic since 2012

Our Cup overfloweth... on 22:34 - Mar 7 with 1523 viewsRancid

Valencia away was out of this world.To see 2000 Jacks in the sunshine of Benidorm and Valencia and then to beat them so convincingly was up there with my favourite game of all time.Reading at Wembley will always be the best but Valencia had that Wow factor.
Our Cup overfloweth... on 22:35 - Mar 7 with 1521 viewsBYMJacks

In the FA cup beating Man u at old trafford because not many teams beat man u there apart from this season, In the Europa league my Favorite moment would be beating Valencia at the mestalla because they are one of the best teams in Spain and have been in the champions league in the past. Out of the both Man U away in the FA Cup just shades it for me because I count it as a better achievement for the swans.
Our Cup overfloweth... on 23:03 - Mar 7 with 1482 viewsDull1Thomas

Really does have to be Valencia.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Our Cup overfloweth... on 00:19 - Mar 8 with 1433 viewsTNT

Memories other than the obvious then?

Lilla Torg.

The Petrolul Ploiesti fans in their stadium.

JDG scoring in Napoli and thinking, 'We're gonna win 1-1'!

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Our Cup overfloweth... on 02:49 - Mar 8 with 1379 viewsCatullus

Valencia and Manchester United are up there but I'm going for Napoli.
They're a proper big team who were playing very well until we gave them a good going over. We deserved more.
I'll also put beating west ham in a replay up too. And the thrashings we got off Liverpool and Monaco are in there. Different times but, for various reasons, some happy memories.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Our Cup overfloweth... on 03:52 - Mar 8 with 1362 viewsParlay

Napoli away.

Valencia were losing to any tom dick and harry at the time. United have the worst side i can remember them having.... But to outplay Napoli away who are genuinely doing well as in top 4 in Serie A and 12 points in their champions league group - that was special.

I have a screen grab of the scoreline on 76th minute and that will stay with me for a long time. We were 12 minutes from a last 16 in European competition.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Our Cup overfloweth... on 06:45 - Mar 8 with 1334 viewsPhil_S

Our Cup overfloweth... on 22:34 - Mar 7 by Rancid

Valencia away was out of this world.To see 2000 Jacks in the sunshine of Benidorm and Valencia and then to beat them so convincingly was up there with my favourite game of all time.Reading at Wembley will always be the best but Valencia had that Wow factor.

This by some distance

Not purely because of result or quality of opposition but the whole trip and the night and afternoon spent in the square in Valencia leading up to the game I don't think I will ever forget

This post has been edited by an administrator
Login to get fewer ads

Our Cup overfloweth... on 09:07 - Mar 8 with 1222 viewsShaky

Everton this year.

The FA Cup embodies the very soul of football, where the vastly inferior team on paper can rise to the occasion and through guts and determination beat the superior outfit.

We fielded such an understrength team and they almost did the job, but at the end of the day they were betrayed by the management, who couldn't get us eliminated fast enough to focus on the bag of money that is the prem.

I consider it shameful and disgraceful in equal measure.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Our Cup overfloweth... on 09:08 - Mar 8 with 1219 viewsBloodyhills

Beating Man U at the 'Theatre of Dreams' was sweet and beating Valencia away was a joy. :-)

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Our Cup overfloweth... on 10:41 - Mar 8 with 1163 viewsCatullus

Our Cup overfloweth... on 09:07 - Mar 8 by Shaky

Everton this year.

The FA Cup embodies the very soul of football, where the vastly inferior team on paper can rise to the occasion and through guts and determination beat the superior outfit.

We fielded such an understrength team and they almost did the job, but at the end of the day they were betrayed by the management, who couldn't get us eliminated fast enough to focus on the bag of money that is the prem.

OH FFS!! Do you realise how silly that sounds.

The management haven't betrayed anyone. Grow up.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Our Cup overfloweth... on 10:50 - Mar 8 with 1150 viewsmonmouth

Our Cup overfloweth... on 10:41 - Mar 8 by Catullus

OH FFS!! Do you realise how silly that sounds.

The management haven't betrayed anyone. Grow up.

He should actually applauding the management for living up to his assertion that "the FA Cup embodies the very soul of football, where the vastly inferior team on paper can rise to the occasion and through guts and determination beat the superior outfit." by pitting an inferior team on paper against the superior team and through guts determination (and skill) only coming up a whisker short in a game they could have won.

Well done Garry Monk and Swansea City in embodying the very soul of football I say.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Our Cup overfloweth... on 11:45 - Mar 8 with 1106 viewsSpratty

Our Cup overfloweth... on 09:07 - Mar 8 by Shaky

Everton this year.

Good post. It was magnificent what such a majorly under strength team could achieve.

Don't know about betrayal but

I thought we threw a game we had a good chance of winning by fielding such a team

I was hugely impressed with what they achieved

I thought we threw the chance we still had of winning (that they valiantly maintained) by bringing on Lita instead of Bony

Gutted to miss the chance to be one game from Wembley and 2 games from almost certain European qualification (for a second and consecutive year)
Our Cup overfloweth... on 12:04 - Mar 8 with 1089 viewsSpratty

Of course the cup final for the atmosphere and as the culmination of the achievement. Chelsea away when DG10 slotted in to give us a 2 goal away buffer and it seemed our dream may come true. Chelsea could not score against us over 2 legs unbelievable.

Loved the whole Malmo trip even though the game was tame to finish a job — Copenhagen, Liila Torg, there’s only two Nathan Dyers

Valencia was sublime the sun, the absolute beauty of the place, the massed fans, walking to the Mestella and of course the game, up in the gods with the evening sun shining on our beautiful football. I would say our most glorious cup game

Beating Manchester United at OT an historic victory to progress in the FA.

Even Bony coming on in the second half to win it for us at Birmingham with 2 goals in 2 minutes. It had been a poor game but Bony’s display of skill at the end to frustrate Birmingham, holding the ball in our corner by repeatedly winning throw ins was worth the trip on its own.

Napoli home when we outplayed and outsung them (with a little help from Den Haag). A shaky start for us Napoli showing their intent with 2 close attempts Vorm brilliantly saving the second (and the day). After that we dominated and the only sad thing was not being able to capitalise on it.

Crawley will always be a special favourite of mine. With no sign of our famous cup win in sight we snatched a Victory from a spirited and dogged Crawley. Great old style ground, right up close to the action, real friendly staff, superb home support. The Swansea faithful mostly packed in the standing area behind the goal. Still riding high on our famous opening season wins, Michu scores game on. Concede the dreaded half time goal, Crawley roaring. Michu subbed on the hour and almost immediately concede the inevitable post sub goal and Crawley now raising the roof at 2-1. Despair hits the Jacks. DG10 comes on and suddenly we look more confident. DG10 (assisted by Tiendalli) scores game on. Working hard for the win but Crawley will not stop fighting. Full time and still 2-2. Routs puts in a ball and Garry heads home the winner in what is our Captain’s first game of the season (and probably his last goal for us). Jacks go wild. Crawley still fight to the full time whistle. Total feel good game. Respect to Crawley, their fans and their ground.
Our Cup overfloweth... on 12:35 - Mar 8 with 1055 viewsShaky

Our Cup overfloweth... on 11:45 - Mar 8 by Spratty

Good post. It was magnificent what such a majorly under strength team could achieve.

Don't know about betrayal but

I thought we threw a game we had a good chance of winning by fielding such a team

I was hugely impressed with what they achieved

I thought we threw the chance we still had of winning (that they valiantly maintained) by bringing on Lita instead of Bony

Gutted to miss the chance to be one game from Wembley and 2 games from almost certain European qualification (for a second and consecutive year)

"I thought we threw the chance we still had of winning (that they valiantly maintained) by bringing on Lita instead of Bony "

Indeed so.

Lita on for Lamah; a subtle but nevertheless meaningful deterioration in our attacking threat. Simply pathetic.

Edit: Arsenal v Everton commentary just now: "Arsenal have picked the strongest team resources allow". Says it all really.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2014 12:49]

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Our Cup overfloweth... on 13:09 - Mar 8 with 999 viewsquiff

I can see me one day telling my kids in glorious detail about the nights we bossed Napoli and simply outplayed Valencia...

Poll: Is now the time for a Coordinated Fan protest?

Our Cup overfloweth... on 14:22 - Mar 8 with 961 viewsLiberty

Valencia away, the whole trip.

Perfect just perfect.

The match itself, the city, our fans, the locals , the weather, the beer, the wine, the food, the hotel, the atmosphere - everything about it .

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024