Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gylfi In, Ben and Vorm out - who got the better of that deal? 23:24 - Jul 23 with 1436 viewsPhil_S

Gylfi In, Ben and Vorm out - who got the better of that deal? on 23:28 - Jul 23 with 1390 viewsBLAZE

I think the deal suited both parties
Gylfi In, Ben and Vorm out - who got the better of that deal? on 23:34 - Jul 23 with 1330 viewsSwansNZ

Gylfi In, Ben and Vorm out - who got the better of that deal? on 23:28 - Jul 23 by BLAZE

Agree.
I'm certainly happy from a Swansea point of view, and I guess the Spurs fans will feel the same.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Gylfi In, Ben and Vorm out - who got the better of that deal? on 23:35 - Jul 23 with 1332 viewsGeoffThom

We all win and we now move on to new pastures in footballing terms
Gylfi In, Ben and Vorm out - who got the better of that deal? on 23:46 - Jul 23 with 1294 viewsDaithejack

When you consider we just lost Michu and Pablo the squad was crying out for someone like Gylfi, we have a more than capable replacements for Ben and Vorm So I think it was a pretty good deal for us especially when you consider theres probably a few million quid coming our way as well I'd have thought.

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

Gylfi In, Ben and Vorm out - who got the better of that deal? on 23:53 - Jul 23 with 1258 viewsBaker

All three players (plus their agents)

No one else.

What a stupid f*cking question.

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

Gylfi In, Ben and Vorm out - who got the better of that deal? on 00:40 - Jul 24 with 1149 viewsdameedna

Gylfi In, Ben and Vorm out - who got the better of that deal? on 23:53 - Jul 23 by Baker

All three players (plus their agents)

No one else.

What a stupid f*cking question.

Spurs
Gylfi In, Ben and Vorm out - who got the better of that deal? on 01:05 - Jul 24 with 1111 viewsAnotherJohn

Depends on the small print and any help with Gylfi's wages in particular. If the papers are correct to say straight swap plus between 2 and 3.5 m for Vorm then Levy came out on top.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2014 8:05]
Gylfi In, Ben and Vorm out - who got the better of that deal? on 07:16 - Jul 24 with 925 viewsQuakerJack

Said it on another thread but we've just traded a left back, in many people's eyes a second choice one, for someone who could easily get 15 goals next season (he got 7 or 8 in the half season he was here last time).

Both clubs had different priorities, suited us both. We also sold a keeper for 2 to 3 mil and replaced him with one just as good for free.

Bottom line is that Gylfi's goals will be priceless next season and if we'd dragged our feet and lost him I'd be a lot more worried than I am now about us surviving next season. Goals win games, left backs rarely do.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Login to get fewer ads

Gylfi In, Ben and Vorm out - who got the better of that deal? on 07:29 - Jul 24 with 888 viewsSwansNZ

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/23/better-deal-sigurdsson-and-cash-or

Some great journalism there.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Gylfi In, Ben and Vorm out - who got the better of that deal? on 07:38 - Jul 24 with 869 viewsItchySphincter

Gylfi In, Ben and Vorm out - who got the better of that deal? on 23:28 - Jul 23 by BLAZE

Of course it did. No need for either to feel hard done by.

I've read loads of articles about "who go the best deal" and it usually comes out slightly in favour of Spurs because they got PL goalkeeper in the deal but most fail to mention that it was only possible because we got Fabianski for nothing so in reality we had one too many keepers anyway and we get to sell an unwanted one for a tidy profit. IMO Gylfi should walk into any PL team so I just can't be disappointed.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Gylfi In, Ben and Vorm out - who got the better of that deal? on 07:44 - Jul 24 with 846 viewsMattG

Others have said similar but the fact is that we have filled quite a gaping hole in our team while losing players in other areas where we have much more depth. OK, we have depleted the overall strength of the squad in those areas but, without the Europa League this season there's no way we could have kept everyone happy in any case.

If the overall deal was Gylfi plus £2.5m then we could maybe have got a bit more cash but I wouldn't be surprised if there's a bit more Spurs money sloshing around within the deal (e.g. maybe they paid Gylfi's signing fee or something) but which Levy has wanted to stay hidden just to maintain his "tough negotiator" image.
Gylfi In, Ben and Vorm out - who got the better of that deal? on 07:46 - Jul 24 with 839 viewsUxbridge

Vorm isn't part of the debate for me. When Fabianski signed, he was gone.

Glad to see Gylfi back but sad to see Ben go. I'd value Davies higher in market terms, but as no idea of the £ of the deal, hard to call either way. If making a few million it's fair enough, if not then not. If we made 5m on a keeper swap then Huw deserves an MBE.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024