Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Plymouth match 11:27 - Jul 29 with 2005 viewsgreener

Hope you don't mind me coming on here to give my thoughts on the match against us. It was a treat to get top class opposition down to Home park. I couldn't have picked a side I would rather see us play. Except we had to endure the the rest of the evening with a couple of Swans fans we went to the match with.

Firstly it looks like the Swansea way of keeping the ball and playing possession football is alive and well. You have won a lot of fans throughout the uk with the brand of football you play as it really is a joy to watch. I thought you were taking a differant route under Laudrup. Glad to see that Monk has gne back to what has served you well for years.

I guess the gap between our leagues makes it hard to judge how good you really are, at times it looked to me that your team didn't need to get out of first gear. Even then they oozed class throughout and looked like they could have upped it at will.

Gilfi and Shelvey were superb and probably will get most mentions. But the ones I really liked were the left back, is it Taylor as well as the tiny winger I think he was called Montero. Really liked him. He's bright tricky fast has incredaibe balance and very good on the ball. Also the youngster that cut the ball back for Gilfi to score. Bray I think he was called. Very composed player. I would imagine putting Bony in there aswell will add another dimenson to your play ( if that's possible ). I reckon you guys will have a good season again. Can't see you will ever be in any trouble with the talent you have.
Have a great season.
Plymouth match on 11:32 - Jul 29 with 1979 viewsItchySphincter

I thought we were a little less 'footballing ' under Laudrup too. I'd like to see us go back to pushing the wingers wide and keeping them out there like Rodgers did. ATB.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Plymouth match on 11:42 - Jul 29 with 1931 viewstreboethjack

Cheers mate! Still can't believe at times that we were with you guys not long ago. Good luck for the season.

Tim gorau Cymru ers 1912

Plymouth match on 11:44 - Jul 29 with 1909 viewsairedale

That's good to read. I was wondering whether the manager, as an ex player, will focus on the area of the game in the which they themselves used to play.
Plymouth match on 12:33 - Jul 29 with 1790 viewsHighjack

What is your opinion on that mccormick fella?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Plymouth match on 13:35 - Jul 29 with 1685 viewsGlyn1

Don't go there Highjack. Stirring like that ruined the last Plymouth thread.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Plymouth match on 15:10 - Jul 29 with 1570 viewsDyfnant

Plymouth match on 11:42 - Jul 29 by treboethjack

Cheers mate! Still can't believe at times that we were with you guys not long ago. Good luck for the season.

That Jason Scotland goal at Home Park really gave our Championship season it's kick start

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Plymouth match on 15:14 - Jul 29 with 1553 viewsItchySphincter

I was surprised Plymouth was L2 when we played them the other day. Always though of them as a decent size club outside the PL. Similar to us, a bit of a footballing outpost.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Plymouth match on 15:53 - Jul 29 with 1434 viewsScoobyWho

It was nice to go to Plymouth and not see the usual stuff that used to happen down there.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Login to get fewer ads

Plymouth match on 16:21 - Jul 29 with 1387 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Thanks for the feedback.
I hope your club does well this year.
Plymouth match on 16:28 - Jul 29 with 1375 viewsgreener

We would like to think we are to big for L2, but the sad truth is we are where we are on merit. The way our club was run it's hard to argue we deserve better. We are actually lucky to have a club after the admin then a very scary run in with Ridsdale who did his best to finish us off. We still have debt so even though our crowds are good for L2 level, a chunk of our income has to service debt.

McCormick. Where do I start. I have driven drunk before so I have to ask myelf if that makes me eqaully flawed. I think it does. The fact I got awy with it and managed to not hurt anyone can only really be put down to luck.

I have no hard feeling towards him, even as a parent. But I do think football should be saying no to people like him. For no other reason than it must be tough for the family and friendS of the victims to see him on the TV and in the papers. They must surely want to move on.
Apparently he has always been the most clean living and decent of players. Theres no doubt he didn't set out to do any harm but his mistake really has shattered lives. Including his own. I agree that he has served his time but I wish football had no place for people with this kind of background.
Plymouth match on 16:29 - Jul 29 with 1367 viewsHighjack

Plymouth match on 13:35 - Jul 29 by Glyn1

Don't go there Highjack. Stirring like that ruined the last Plymouth thread.

Not sure why you think im stirring. I havent read the other thread...

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Plymouth match on 17:12 - Jul 29 with 1254 viewsScoobyWho

Plymouth match on 16:28 - Jul 29 by greener

We would like to think we are to big for L2, but the sad truth is we are where we are on merit. The way our club was run it's hard to argue we deserve better. We are actually lucky to have a club after the admin then a very scary run in with Ridsdale who did his best to finish us off. We still have debt so even though our crowds are good for L2 level, a chunk of our income has to service debt.

McCormick. Where do I start. I have driven drunk before so I have to ask myelf if that makes me eqaully flawed. I think it does. The fact I got awy with it and managed to not hurt anyone can only really be put down to luck.

I have no hard feeling towards him, even as a parent. But I do think football should be saying no to people like him. For no other reason than it must be tough for the family and friendS of the victims to see him on the TV and in the papers. They must surely want to move on.
Apparently he has always been the most clean living and decent of players. Theres no doubt he didn't set out to do any harm but his mistake really has shattered lives. Including his own. I agree that he has served his time but I wish football had no place for people with this kind of background.

Your making too much sense, Darran will be along shortly.

Plymouth match on 17:17 - Jul 29 with 1231 viewsDarran

Plymouth match on 17:12 - Jul 29 by ScoobyWho

Your making too much sense, Darran will be along shortly.

Anyone there hasn't got any hard feelings towards McCorc*nt shouldn't be breathing fresh air.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Plymouth match on 17:34 - Jul 29 with 1186 viewsScoobyWho

Plymouth match on 17:17 - Jul 29 by Darran

Anyone there hasn't got any hard feelings towards McCorc*nt shouldn't be breathing fresh air.

I thought Gylfi was stunning in the highlights I Saw and Montero looked a real danger out wide.

Plymouth match on 18:33 - Jul 29 with 1080 viewsgreener

Plymouth match on 17:17 - Jul 29 by Darran

Fair one mate I get that. I won't defend him. However Luke came through out youth system. We know he messed up, maybe some of our attitudes towards him are differant towards him because he's one of our own. As I said earlier the only differance between him and me are that he crashed when he was DD, I didn't. It's awful what he did but I personally don't feel qualified to pass judgement because I have done equally stupid things. It could have been me. I'll leave it at that.
Plymouth match on 18:35 - Jul 29 with 1069 viewsScoobyWho

Plymouth match on 18:33 - Jul 29 by greener

Fair one mate I get that. I won't defend him. However Luke came through out youth system. We know he messed up, maybe some of our attitudes towards him are differant towards him because he's one of our own. As I said earlier the only differance between him and me are that he crashed when he was DD, I didn't. It's awful what he did but I personally don't feel qualified to pass judgement because I have done equally stupid things. It could have been me. I'll leave it at that.

Any positives for yourselves 'on the pitch' from the game greener ?

Plymouth match on 18:54 - Jul 29 with 1035 viewsgreener

Plymouth match on 18:35 - Jul 29 by ScoobyWho

Any positives for yourselves 'on the pitch' from the game greener ?

Hard to tell. We were never going look great against your lot. Having said that we did have some good spells, that's all I hoped for before the game. I think we will be a decent team for the league we are in. We could even be fighting it out for playoffs. I want us to get the ball down and play a bit like you kot did when you were in the lower leagues. But our club doesn't have that type of football philosphy unfortunatly. We arn't the out and out kick and rush team we were under Pulis and even Sturrock to a lesser degree. I think we have improved on last year, can't ask any more than that.
Plymouth match on 20:11 - Jul 29 with 920 viewsScoobyWho

Plymouth match on 18:54 - Jul 29 by greener

Hard to tell. We were never going look great against your lot. Having said that we did have some good spells, that's all I hoped for before the game. I think we will be a decent team for the league we are in. We could even be fighting it out for playoffs. I want us to get the ball down and play a bit like you kot did when you were in the lower leagues. But our club doesn't have that type of football philosphy unfortunatly. We arn't the out and out kick and rush team we were under Pulis and even Sturrock to a lesser degree. I think we have improved on last year, can't ask any more than that.

Dramatic changes in fortunes over the last six years or so, hope for everyone tho.

Plymouth match on 21:55 - Jul 29 with 804 viewsJackoBoostardo

Plymouth match on 16:28 - Jul 29 by greener

So what made you drink and drive, and not leave your keys at home?

It IS lucky you didn't hurt anyone!!

Anyway - appreciate the candid response. And agree, he has NO place in football (or in a public position where he's seen as a role model). I don't even think he's done anything good following his release either has he? (such as donate money to charities who have to help mop up the mess following such incidents for instance).

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Plymouth match on 22:11 - Jul 29 with 770 viewsRancid

Plymouth match on 21:55 - Jul 29 by JackoBoostardo

So what made you drink and drive, and not leave your keys at home?

It IS lucky you didn't hurt anyone!!

Anyway - appreciate the candid response. And agree, he has NO place in football (or in a public position where he's seen as a role model). I don't even think he's done anything good following his release either has he? (such as donate money to charities who have to help mop up the mess following such incidents for instance).

He could easily have chosen another route in life after what happened and football but he chose to put himself back in the public eye and in the process showing a complete lack of class and respect to the families affected. Shame on him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024