Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony Speculation Rumbles On 07:46 - Aug 4 with 11864 viewsPhil_S

So yesterday former Swans manager Jan Molby was next in line to have a viewpoint on Swansea striker Wilfried Bony and he believes that the Swans are 'making noises about cashing in'

Full story at: http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/35593/bony-speculation-ru
Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 10:24 - Aug 4 with 5076 viewsSkipTheJack

Of all the articles I've read about the Bony speculation I think the one at http://www.sport.co.uk/football/wilfried-bony-the-one-that-got-away/4851308/ is the most hideous. The last paragraph is so bad it actually made me chuckle!
Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 10:55 - Aug 4 with 4978 viewsMagicDaps

What's Gary Monk supposed to say when he keeps getting asked about Wilfried Bony?

If he was to refuse to make a comment, it would make a much bigger story.

There's nothing wrong with what he's said, everyone knows that every play we've got is for sale at the 'right price', it's just that 'the right price' means they're not going anywhere.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 10:56 - Aug 4 with 4974 viewsPhil_S

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 10:55 - Aug 4 by MagicDaps

What's Gary Monk supposed to say when he keeps getting asked about Wilfried Bony?

If he was to refuse to make a comment, it would make a much bigger story.

There's nothing wrong with what he's said, everyone knows that every play we've got is for sale at the 'right price', it's just that 'the right price' means they're not going anywhere.

Who said he'd said anything wrong?
Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 10:58 - Aug 4 with 4962 viewsLohengrin

I've been hearing the same noises, Phil, to be honest.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 14:44 - Aug 4 with 4558 viewsAnotherJohn

Indeed, it is a perfect example of that 'big club' sydrome affecting certain London hacks, whose clubs sit near the top but haven't won anything in years.

Back on topic, I suspect some people agree re the noises about cashing in because of the difference in emphasis between what Garry has been saying and Huw's recent interview (which I personally thought hinted that we would enteratuin bids at a lower level than previously suggested). I think it would be unfortunate if a CL club put in a 'testing the water' bid of about 15m, because this might unsettle the player. Of course, another interpretation is that Bony has already been unsettled and Huw was trying to hint that there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 15:57 - Aug 4 with 4444 viewsmonmouth

If you look at it without any emotion, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him go if we get our price, whatever that is. I suspect the 'Michu experience' might have spooked a few. No doubt we've planned for that eventuality and will get a decent back up for Gomis. personally, I'm still hoping that no one comes in and tests that theory out because, with emotion added in I'd be really disappointed if he goes.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 16:19 - Aug 4 with 4356 viewsicecoldjack

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 14:44 - Aug 4 by AnotherJohn

Indeed, it is a perfect example of that 'big club' sydrome affecting certain London hacks, whose clubs sit near the top but haven't won anything in years.

Back on topic, I suspect some people agree re the noises about cashing in because of the difference in emphasis between what Garry has been saying and Huw's recent interview (which I personally thought hinted that we would enteratuin bids at a lower level than previously suggested). I think it would be unfortunate if a CL club put in a 'testing the water' bid of about 15m, because this might unsettle the player. Of course, another interpretation is that Bony has already been unsettled and Huw was trying to hint that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I think it sure would unsettle the player if somebody offered £15m quid.

Unsettle him to the point where he would think "cheecky coonts, im worth much more thn that!"

If it happens then it happens, but i tend to think one more season at the Swans would be perfect for him and a prospective buyer, it would remove the doubt in his ability(im sure he will have a fine season) give us the cash we demand and Bony the champions league club he desires.

Just my thoughts but its the best way to forward his career IMO, if clubs are not prepared to stump up a serious wedge of cash, it tells me they arnt 100% serious about Bony, which should tell him he will not be a number 1 choice and the bench will be his friend.
Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 16:23 - Aug 4 with 4345 viewsNeath_Jack

I'm getting the, we are inviting offers from the interview vibes as well if i'm honest. And before anyone pipes up, i know i don't know what questions were asked and there's only so many ways you can answer a question, but it's what i'm getting from them.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Login to get fewer ads

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 16:31 - Aug 4 with 4309 viewsDr_Winston

Seems to me more like Monk is trying to be a bit more savvy, whilst Huw is just being forthright.

One would hope that we would hold out for full value for him. Whether we would actually do so based on this summers activities so far remains to be seen.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 07:45 - Aug 5 with 4117 viewsQuakerJack

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 16:31 - Aug 4 by Dr_Winston

Seems to me more like Monk is trying to be a bit more savvy, whilst Huw is just being forthright.

One would hope that we would hold out for full value for him. Whether we would actually do so based on this summers activities so far remains to be seen.

Darren Lewis of the Mirror on SSN just now, concludes with

"Our understanding is that if a club came in slightly under the release clause, Swansea would sell".

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 07:51 - Aug 5 with 4087 viewsorion3016

I get the feeling he's going to leave
If so then we need to make it happen soon so that we have time to find a replacement. The worst that cab happen is that we hold out for more money and sell 31 August cos let's face it if Liverpool or spurs want him they'll get him

Be over there now after

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 07:55 - Aug 5 with 4068 viewsQuakerJack

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 07:51 - Aug 5 by orion3016

I get the feeling he's going to leave
If so then we need to make it happen soon so that we have time to find a replacement. The worst that cab happen is that we hold out for more money and sell 31 August cos let's face it if Liverpool or spurs want him they'll get him

I know there's the whole issue of, if he's not happy, why keep him, but I saywe give clubs a deadline say a week, therthere's about 3 weeks to go in the window, we need two weeks to find and sign a replacement. If they don't come in with OUR valuation in that time then shop's closed.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 08:01 - Aug 5 with 4048 viewsAngelRangelQS

I'd be amazed if we accepted less than £20m for him
Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 08:17 - Aug 5 with 3996 viewsunion_jack

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 08:01 - Aug 5 by AngelRangelQS

It would be ridiculous. He is a £25m player MINIMUM,!!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 08:17 - Aug 5 with 3996 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

The only reason we would sell him is if he's asked to go.

If he has then f@ck him .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 08:30 - Aug 5 with 3951 viewsMattG

That Mirror piece is one of the worst pieces of fabricated bunkum I've ever read.

Gorman, presumably?

Even ignoring the fact that we have no financial reason to sell, why on earth would we be actively trying to sell a player who scored us 20+ goals last year and, even at £12m, was viewed by many as one of the buys of the season?
Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 08:37 - Aug 5 with 3917 viewsNeath_Jack

The more i hear, the more i suspect that Gomis has been bought as a direct replacement for Bony, and we are now waiting for the right bid to come in. I don't expect another big name signing if/when he does go, but someone of the ilk of Deeney. We need the money for the extension funding (we really don't have millions laying around in the bank), and after October's board meeting there will be some firm announcements on it. All in my humble of course.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 09:08 - Aug 5 with 3801 viewsQuakerJack

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 08:17 - Aug 5 by oh_tommy_tommy

The only reason we would sell him is if he's asked to go.

If he has then f@ck him .

if he does then I sincerely hope that the club have made it perfectly clear to him that he is under contract, we have a valuation for him and if it's not met (in good time for us to replace him) he's staying...

I'd rather he rotted on the subs bench than went for a song.

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 09:08 - Aug 5 with 3796 viewsQuakerJack

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 08:37 - Aug 5 by Neath_Jack

The more i hear, the more i suspect that Gomis has been bought as a direct replacement for Bony, and we are now waiting for the right bid to come in. I don't expect another big name signing if/when he does go, but someone of the ilk of Deeney. We need the money for the extension funding (we really don't have millions laying around in the bank), and after October's board meeting there will be some firm announcements on it. All in my humble of course.

the thought of replacing Bony with Troy Deeney shakes my bones.

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 09:10 - Aug 5 with 3786 viewsjohnlangy

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 10:24 - Aug 4 by SkipTheJack

Of all the articles I've read about the Bony speculation I think the one at http://www.sport.co.uk/football/wilfried-bony-the-one-that-got-away/4851308/ is the most hideous. The last paragraph is so bad it actually made me chuckle!

Johnson is a moronic, cretinous, lazy journalistic hack.
Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 09:11 - Aug 5 with 3776 viewsUxbridge

Given we paid £15m for Bony and he was a success last year, I find the theory that we'd willingly sell him for close to his purchase price rather hilarious.

Mind you, as we know the Daily Mirror adhere to the highest journalistic standards, maybe there is some credence to the story. Or not.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 09:14 - Aug 5 with 3764 viewsQuakerJack

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 09:11 - Aug 5 by Uxbridge

Given we paid £15m for Bony and he was a success last year, I find the theory that we'd willingly sell him for close to his purchase price rather hilarious.

Mind you, as we know the Daily Mirror adhere to the highest journalistic standards, maybe there is some credence to the story. Or not.

for weeks that Darren Lewis has been going on SSN in the morning talking about how Bony wants a move... when Liverpool were in for Remy he managed to get in the sentence "the man I feel sorry for in all this is Wilfried Bony as it looks like he's been priced out of the move he wants."

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 09:21 - Aug 5 with 3721 viewsWarwickHunt

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 09:11 - Aug 5 by Uxbridge

I hope we're all still laughing on the first of September, old bean...
Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 09:41 - Aug 5 with 3640 viewsJackSomething

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 08:01 - Aug 5 by AngelRangelQS

Anything less than £20m (even in one lump sum) and I'll be joining in with those questioning the club and how it's being run.

I can see the logic in the Ben Davies deal, but I couldn't understand if the club accepted less than £5m profit on a player who scored 20+ goals last season.

However, it does underline that those who think we'll get £30m+ for him are barking.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 09:48 - Aug 5 with 3612 viewsUxbridge

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 09:21 - Aug 5 by WarwickHunt

I hope we're all still laughing on the first of September, old bean...

As do I, but that's a separate point. We might sell, and we might be forced to sell depending on whether a clause is real and its specific nature, however I would be staggered if we sold for less than £19m. It makes no sense.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024