Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worried 22:59 - Feb 11 with 2131 viewsrob

Now, I don't like to be negative about the Swans, I understand where we have come from and that we are a relatively small club, but over the last few weeks I'm getting worried about the longer term future, performance wise.

Monk, has achieved a great deal since becoming manager, but personally I feel he will not keep on improving the team, and stagnation, which to me is ever so visible at the moment, will only lead to one thing.

Ambition is critical.

Where will Monk take us?

Worried on 23:16 - Feb 11 with 2044 viewsicecoldjack

I honestly have no idea where he will take us.

The guy has had some goos results, the problem will be if he loses key players like siggy etc.

Its not like there is a massive rebuilding job to be done either, most of it has already taken place, this is his team with his ideas and his tactics.

There is the possibility that it will take this season to get certain core aspects and sytems in place, though im fooked if i know what they are at the moment.

It just looks like its regressing not progressing , though the points are on the board, so..
Worried on 23:30 - Feb 11 with 2011 viewsRancid

Not many defending Monk tonight.''Guesting'' probably.
Worried on 23:50 - Feb 11 with 1972 viewsTreforys_Jack

Careful dude, way to rational and sensible to be posting on here tonight.
Worried on 23:57 - Feb 11 with 1945 viewsParlay

Ive been one of the biggest voices championing Monk, but it became clear to me a couple of months ago that maybe he doesn't have the skills I hoped he did. Or maybe he does but there is a big ego getting in the way there. He seems to not want to change what isn't working simply because he introduced it - thats what it looks like to me anyway.

I think this job came too quick and he still had a lot to learn. He could have benefitted from being a number 2 for a while before stepping into the big job. He has done very well considering his experience but we are stagnating if not going backwards.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Worried on 00:06 - Feb 12 with 1923 viewsrob

Worried on 23:57 - Feb 11 by Parlay

Ive been one of the biggest voices championing Monk, but it became clear to me a couple of months ago that maybe he doesn't have the skills I hoped he did. Or maybe he does but there is a big ego getting in the way there. He seems to not want to change what isn't working simply because he introduced it - thats what it looks like to me anyway.

I think this job came too quick and he still had a lot to learn. He could have benefitted from being a number 2 for a while before stepping into the big job. He has done very well considering his experience but we are stagnating if not going backwards.

Couldn't agree more.
Worried on 01:24 - Feb 12 with 1839 viewsScoobyWho

Worried on 23:57 - Feb 11 by Parlay

Yes, agreed, but the board put him there, and as he is their man there is little chance of any changes even in the summer. We have to hope your initial thoughts on his ability return, because GM is the manager and will remain so for a good time to come. I don't think he has the basic skills to lead our team let alone take the club forwards, but thats just my opinion.

Whatever happens next it will be happening with Garry Monk, we will I am sure get the required points to stay up this time round, but as many have said before, it's not this season, its next that is the worry.

And I am very worried, especially as KOL and Curt are his team. Not a lot there to fill me with hope. No dynamic there that will inspire, and thats the key we seem to have lost our inspiration to play football. I just hope GM possesses the nouse to get us out of this, but backed up by his coaches I just don't see it. He is only 34 ish, and still learning life skills let alone all the skills we desire in a premier league football manager.

I am very concerned.
[Post edited 12 Feb 2015 1:25]

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Worried on 01:41 - Feb 12 with 1811 viewsskippyjack

F*ck em Garry.. join the unskilled lot.. these skilled f*ckers are self indulged delusionists.. the players were thinking about the 'weekend' break a bit early that's all.. hope they don't go into 'holiday' mode.. (it baffles me on times)..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024