Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Third Double Yesterday 18:30 - Mar 22 with 3048 viewsMervyn

so good to see Bafi get the goal.........lost count the number of times ive watched it,

from routs vision and wait of pass to monteros pace and perfect cross and bafis strength and determination to get to the ball first.....great goal

what a game what a season.......Gary Monks Barmy Army,

with a bit of luck we could manage another three doubles,

Great times
Third Double Yesterday on 18:49 - Mar 22 with 2993 viewsSgorioFruit

The more i watch the goal the better routs pass gets.
Both his and Monteros passes were out of this world.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Third Double Yesterday on 18:52 - Mar 22 with 2985 viewsSwansNZ

Third Double Yesterday on 18:49 - Mar 22 by SgorioFruit

Very good through ball by Routs, but I'd not call the one by Montero "out of this world". Good yes, but that is exactly the cross that a good winger should be playing, into space for the striker to run on to.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Third Double Yesterday on 19:10 - Mar 22 with 2947 viewssomersetsimon

Third Double Yesterday on 18:52 - Mar 22 by SwansNZ

Very good through ball by Routs, but I'd not call the one by Montero "out of this world". Good yes, but that is exactly the cross that a good winger should be playing, into space for the striker to run on to.

On MOTD last night Shearer made a point of how well Gomis did to hold off his defender and get there first for the ball. You certainly can't accuse him of hiding after missing a few chances.
Third Double Yesterday on 19:13 - Mar 22 with 2937 viewsdgt73

JM pass was brilliant, inch perfect......if you have seen a better pass this season from a similar position I'd love to see it.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Third Double Yesterday on 19:18 - Mar 22 with 2922 viewsdgt73

Third Double Yesterday on 18:49 - Mar 22 by SgorioFruit

If that was man utd or Barcelona would have scored that goal.....the pundits would be saying world class. What i like about it was the simplistically of it....brilliant stuff.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2015 19:22]

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Third Double Yesterday on 19:23 - Mar 22 with 2901 viewsLeonisGod

To an extent yes, but how many do you see like that? Can you think of a similar goal we've scored this season with a ball in behind like that? Jeff has cut a couple back from the byeline for a static Wilf but I can't think of a similar goal at pace. It was very good. Routs could have done exactly the same in added on time, but didn't. It doesn't happen often.
Third Double Yesterday on 05:14 - Mar 23 with 2731 viewsSwansNZ

Third Double Yesterday on 19:13 - Mar 22 by dgt73

JM pass was brilliant, inch perfect......if you have seen a better pass this season from a similar position I'd love to see it.

It was a good oasis, but not what I'd call world class. As I said, this is the sort of ball a good winger should be making, but sadly for our attack, has been safely lacking. The through ball by a Routs was great, reminded me of Pablo, like the goal v the scum last year.

Third Double Yesterday on 05:16 - Mar 23 with 2729 viewsSwansNZ

Third Double Yesterday on 19:23 - Mar 22 by LeonisGod

To an extent yes, but how many do you see like that? Can you think of a similar goal we've scored this season with a ball in behind like that? Jeff has cut a couple back from the byeline for a static Wilf but I can't think of a similar goal at pace. It was very good. Routs could have done exactly the same in added on time, but didn't. It doesn't happen often.

Nope, our wingers don't cross well enough, often enough.

Routs should have scored at the end, the pass was not on, Gomis was blocked off that time.

Login to get fewer ads

Third Double Yesterday on 06:43 - Mar 23 with 2707 viewsWhiterockin

Third Double Yesterday on 05:16 - Mar 23 by SwansNZ

Routs should have scored at the end, the pass was not on, Gomis was blocked off that time.

They were in line where I was sitting the pass was definitely on.
Third Double Yesterday on 07:05 - Mar 23 with 2684 viewsSwansNZ

Third Double Yesterday on 06:43 - Mar 23 by Whiterockin

He should have scored. Hitting it straight at the keeper is never a good idea.

Edit. Just watched it again, and Gomis was covered by Delph, who was a step ahead when Routs shot.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2015 7:13]

Third Double Yesterday on 15:11 - Mar 23 with 2529 viewsDafyddHuw

Third Double Yesterday on 19:18 - Mar 22 by dgt73

If that was man utd or Barcelona would have scored that goal.....the pundits would be saying world class. What i like about it was the simplistically of it....brilliant stuff.

Simplistically.....luvs it. New word of the week.7

The goal was a perfect example of the difference between Bafe and Wilf. Wilf got possesion, held the ball up to bring the midfielders into play. Bafe feeds off crosses.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2015 15:13]
Third Double Yesterday on 17:07 - Mar 23 with 2437 viewskarnataka

Third Double Yesterday on 05:16 - Mar 23 by SwansNZ

I was very close to Routs when he broke at the end and could see him look up about 3 times as he closed in on goal and he was clearly looking to square the ball to provide Bafe with a tap in but the opportunity never came as the defender did just enough so he had to shoot but had left it just a bit too late as Guzan had come out to block. If Routs had been a bit more selfish and been intent on scoring himself, I'm sure he'd have shot sooner and Guzan would have had no chance.

As for Routs' through ball for Jeff, his movement to give himself room to make that pass was excellent and having made the room the actual pass was sublime.

The last few minutes reminded me of the '3 wingers' formation we used in that wonderful game where we destroyed West Brom inside 30 minutes but this time we had Jeff & Nathan wide and Routs in the middle playing the Pablo role. It worked too.
Third Double Yesterday on 17:28 - Mar 23 with 2420 viewsStarsky

Third Double Yesterday on 06:43 - Mar 23 by Whiterockin

It wasn't when I watched it back on the TV

It's just the internet, init.

Third Double Yesterday on 19:08 - Mar 23 with 2366 viewsbuilthjack

Third Double Yesterday on 19:18 - Mar 22 by dgt73

We should do it more often then

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Third Double Yesterday on 20:37 - Mar 23 with 2306 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Great to see gomis score and we were right in line with him , Is there any where i can watch the goal again, as i missed motd?
Third Double Yesterday on 20:56 - Mar 23 with 2289 viewsTNT

Third Double Yesterday on 15:11 - Mar 23 by DafyddHuw

Simplistically.....luvs it. New word of the week.7

The goal was a perfect example of the difference between Bafe and Wilf. Wilf got possesion, held the ball up to bring the midfielders into play. Bafe feeds off crosses.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2015 15:13]

Possesion doesn't appear to be in the dictionary either.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024