Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky Sport on my iPhone abroad 12:47 - Aug 28 with 1855 viewsFlashberryjack

I've got Sky sport on my iPhone and ipad and I'm off on holidays next week.
Will it still work in other countries, anyone know ?
Thanks in advance

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Sky Sport on my iPhone abroad on 12:53 - Aug 28 with 1840 viewsLe_Swans

Pretty sure it's region locked, I was in Prague last September and it didn't work there.
Sky Sport on my iPhone abroad on 13:11 - Aug 28 with 1826 viewsjackharris

I'm sure there are ways to get around it being blocked, using certain apps like Hola? I'm not 100% sure. Someone more technical like Blaze might be your answer!

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Sky Sport on my iPhone abroad on 13:16 - Aug 28 with 1823 viewsFlashberryjack

Not good news so far then!! thanks for the replies.

Hello

Sky Sport on my iPhone abroad on 14:41 - Aug 28 with 1782 viewsScoobyWho

Live media player is a great app for LIVE games and sports channels.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Sky Sport on my iPhone abroad on 14:54 - Aug 28 with 1769 viewsPolskijack

Try this

http://help.unotelly.com/support/solutions/articles/9590-how-long-is-unodns-free

I use Unotelly for UK and USA geo-locked programmes and it's great. This trial is free for 8 days and you only need to give is your name and E.mail, no credit card etc. Works on Iphone and IPad so you will be able to use your Sky stuff overseas.

http://help.unotelly.com/support/solutions/articles/9573-setting-up-unodns-on-yo
Sky Sport on my iPhone abroad on 15:36 - Aug 28 with 1741 viewsAnotherJohn

I watched Sky Go in Spain a week or two ago running it both through my VPN (HMA) and - just as an experiment - through Hola. Both worked fine. I have previously tried getting access in Thailand, but found far too much lag. The key is fast internet connection. I measured the speed in the Spanish hotel at about 20mbps, and that was great, but slow internet won't give watchable results. Having said all this I get lag sometimes using Virgin Media here in Swansea.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2015 11:56]
Sky Sport on my iPhone abroad on 17:23 - Aug 28 with 1696 viewsFlashberryjack

Thanks for the advise guys.....I'm not the most gifted when it comes to the technical stuff, but I'll give it ago.

Hello

Sky Sport on my iPhone abroad on 09:11 - Aug 30 with 1614 viewsdantheswansman

Stop using HOLA . It is free for a reason , but saying that the same thing happens with the paid for version

When you install Hola, you become a VPN endpoint, and other users of the Hola network may exit through your internet connection and take on you IP address , opening you up to all kinds of activity linked directly to your IP .

Use unotelly DNS or a proper VPN that takes your privacy seriously as the complications that could arise from using that dodgy shady HOLA are not worth thinking about .

And to OP - Unotelly will allow you to do what you like with no problems
Login to get fewer ads

Sky Sport on my iPhone abroad on 10:02 - Aug 30 with 1586 views1973scott

It's to do with your IP address so you need a VPN to access the internet. Do some research on VPN though E.G you get limited bandwidth which affects the quality of the connection, you sometimes have to pay extra to increase the bandwidth.

Check out
VPN oneclick professional from the app store it has a free trial for a week so ideal to test out whilst away, then you can purchase the in app 1 month sub for £1.49 as and when you go away nothing to set up either just install the profiles and you can then turn it on and off in the menu

Although sky are a premium sports broadcaster they won't allow you to access their service if your outside the UK.

your IP address will be registered in the UK, if your on your PC or laptop google what is my IP address and it will tell you your IP and server location.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024