Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bear Grylls: Born Survivor 15:05 - Sep 10 with 861 viewsPegojack

Anyone watching this series on one of the Freeview channels at the mo? Forget which one.

Quite amusing TV, the lad is definitely a headcase, although he sometimes contradicts his own advice within an episode, like when he was trawling through the Panama mangrove swamp and said you shouldn't drink the water under any circumstances because its full of bugs and parasites, then he dredges up a clam from the swamp mud and proceeds to eat it raw!

And he was walking through some Central American jungle the other night on a perfectly acceptable path, then for reasons known only to himself, decides to scale down a sink hole to the river below and into a narrow, pitch black cave populated by vampire bats just so he could 'follow the river down to the sea'. Obviously trying to dramatise the show as much as poss. Crazy as a bag of frogs.

And before anyone posts it, I know he's been accused of putting up in the nearest Holiday Inn between takes!

Did you know he's currently the UK Chief Scout, as in "dib, dib, dib, dob, dob, dob, can I wash your car or mow your lawn for a shilling?"
[Post edited 10 Sep 2015 15:06]
Bear Grylls: Born Survivor on 15:13 - Sep 10 with 847 viewsGroo

I've watched a few of his Running Wild episodes over here, where basically each episode is with a different celebrity in the wilds (one episode in Wales even). He makes the celebrities eat worms etc. All contrived and I wonder if they go and eat real food and stay in a hotel overnight lol.

Groo does what Groo does best

Bear Grylls: Born Survivor on 15:14 - Sep 10 with 847 viewsWingstandwood

That guy is the nearest thing to superman?

Argus!

Bear Grylls: Born Survivor on 17:21 - Sep 10 with 773 viewslondonlisa2001

I was talking to someone that was on that programme with him in Costa Rica and asked her if he actually stayed there or whether he went off to hotels etc.

She said that they (Bear Grylls, the people that were assisting him, crew etc) were staying in their own camp close to the contestants, not with any special luxuries, and that he only left when he was flying off to film the Island (which he was doing at the same time). So on that one, at least, no hotels / restaurants etc. She also said that he did eat everything and drank his own p*** etc.
Bear Grylls: Born Survivor on 17:28 - Sep 10 with 768 viewsHidden_Hand

The guy is an inspiration.
Bear Grylls: Born Survivor on 19:20 - Sep 10 with 715 viewsskippyjack

Bear Grylls: Born Survivor on 17:28 - Sep 10 by Hidden_Hand

The guy is an inspiration.

Absolutely...

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024