Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could Jonjo Shelvey hold the key to turning our form around? 17:08 - Nov 13 with 5775 viewsJamesKent

Hi All,

The form has certainly been a low point this season, but it hasn't all been bad news has it?

I think Jonjo Shelvey's form for instance has been a positive.

I found an article online where he is featured as one of the leading midfielders in the Premier League, have a gander if you like>

https://www.the-newshub.com/football/premier-league-five-midfielders-that-are-gi
Could Jonjo Shelvey hold the key to turning our form around? on 17:10 - Nov 13 with 2683 viewsOldjack

Attacking midfielder and we're on a winner, his talents are wasted elsewhere

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Could Jonjo Shelvey hold the key to turning our form around? on 17:22 - Nov 13 with 2650 viewsjasper_T

Stick him on the bench maybe our form improves.

Can't defend, can't run, doesn't score goals only plays pinpoint passes to a man who lives offside.
Could Jonjo Shelvey hold the key to turning our form around? on 17:23 - Nov 13 with 2648 viewsshandyjack

been my player of the season so far, lack of options up top and out wide hindering his abilities to spread the play

Poll: Expectation for the season

Could Jonjo Shelvey hold the key to turning our form around? on 17:26 - Nov 13 with 2641 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Could Jonjo Shelvey hold the key to turning our form around? on 17:23 - Nov 13 by shandyjack

been my player of the season so far, lack of options up top and out wide hindering his abilities to spread the play

Indeed

That post sums it all up !

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Could Jonjo Shelvey hold the key to turning our form around? on 17:47 - Nov 13 with 2599 viewsNeath_Jack

Player of the season for me too.

Although his constant berating of his team mates gets on my tits. Fair enough now and again, but he is constantly waving his arms and grizzling. I'd tell him to f*ck right off if i was in that side.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Could Jonjo Shelvey hold the key to turning our form around? on 19:54 - Nov 13 with 2468 viewsDyfnant

He's been ineffective since being called up by England. He's playing the toughest position but we clearly can't afford to go another 10 games waiting for his miracle ball to come off. Get him further forward or put him 3 seats away from Garry

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Could Jonjo Shelvey hold the key to turning our form around? on 20:22 - Nov 13 with 2437 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Could Jonjo Shelvey hold the key to turning our form around? on 19:54 - Nov 13 by Dyfnant

He's been ineffective since being called up by England. He's playing the toughest position but we clearly can't afford to go another 10 games waiting for his miracle ball to come off. Get him further forward or put him 3 seats away from Garry

He's got Bafe falling over , Montero nullified & Ayew standing next Bafe .

His choices are limited

Could Jonjo Shelvey hold the key to turning our form around? on 20:27 - Nov 13 with 2431 viewsjasper_T

Could Jonjo Shelvey hold the key to turning our form around? on 20:22 - Nov 13 by oh_tommy_tommy

He's got Bafe falling over , Montero nullified & Ayew standing next Bafe .

His choices are limited

Which is a solid argument for dropping him for players that offer different things i.e. a holding midfielder and someone that's going to move between lines (Cork & Ki).
Login to get fewer ads

Could Jonjo Shelvey hold the key to turning our form around? on 20:55 - Nov 13 with 2388 viewsjack247

He is the key to the way we play already (the style not the form). The team is more or less built around him.
Could Jonjo Shelvey hold the key to turning our form around? on 21:17 - Nov 13 with 2359 viewsdameedna

It is not going to be easy
Striker is the key role and we need to spend 20 million cash to fix that
Last thing we should do is drop Shelvey
Well not quite
The team is built around ash and Andre as well as Shelvey and Gylfi
Might be ad simple as bringing in Routs but there are 4 players that should keep us up
Could Jonjo Shelvey hold the key to turning our form around? on 21:18 - Nov 13 with 2357 viewsClinton

I'd like to see JJjS rested for a couple of games tbh.
Cork holding, ki further forward and siggy playing the killer balls, what's not to like?
JJS to come back refreshed after a couple of games.
See how it goes, somethings got to change.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Could Jonjo Shelvey hold the key to turning our form around? on 21:36 - Nov 13 with 2333 viewsdameedna

You may be describing changing our formation which could be an easy fix as we have the talent ther
the players recruited by others for this season see Skippy's post on other playeers
Oppo has more talent in defence and attack we have barrow montero Gomis and and of those only montero frightens the opp and that is in patchy

Might be we get the full backs more involved which is where you see Everton purring and to do this I'd drop Taylor who is not a wing back
Could Jonjo Shelvey hold the key to turning our form around? on 21:51 - Nov 13 with 2303 viewsDyfnant

Could Jonjo Shelvey hold the key to turning our form around? on 21:36 - Nov 13 by dameedna

You may be describing changing our formation which could be an easy fix as we have the talent ther
the players recruited by others for this season see Skippy's post on other playeers
Oppo has more talent in defence and attack we have barrow montero Gomis and and of those only montero frightens the opp and that is in patchy

Might be we get the full backs more involved which is where you see Everton purring and to do this I'd drop Taylor who is not a wing back

Which would unfortunately involve playing Angel or Kyle out of position, unless Frenchie finally steps up.

Could Jonjo Shelvey hold the key to turning our form around? on 21:56 - Nov 13 with 2292 viewsdameedna

Aye I meant to write we have talent all over midfield

We are sadly lacking in defensive attacking we only have Naughton who is any good at that

We'd have to resort to playing a winger as a wing back

How we spent 5 million on a left back I don't know

We could have got a wing backs from arsenal or spurs for that money
Could Jonjo Shelvey hold the key to turning our form around? on 22:17 - Nov 13 with 2256 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Could Jonjo Shelvey hold the key to turning our form around? on 20:27 - Nov 13 by jasper_T

Which is a solid argument for dropping him for players that offer different things i.e. a holding midfielder and someone that's going to move between lines (Cork & Ki).

Drop Shelvey because others have been dreadful .

Fack my eyes

Could Jonjo Shelvey hold the key to turning our form around? on 22:20 - Nov 13 with 2252 viewsPhil_S

Good spot James finding an article written by someone with the same name as yourself
Could Jonjo Shelvey hold the key to turning our form around? on 22:23 - Nov 13 with 2245 viewsDyfnant

Could Jonjo Shelvey hold the key to turning our form around? on 22:17 - Nov 13 by oh_tommy_tommy

Drop Shelvey because others have been dreadful .

Fack my eyes

Shelveys been as bad as any of them.

Could Jonjo Shelvey hold the key to turning our form around? on 22:53 - Nov 13 with 2215 viewsicecoldjack

Yes he holds the key. Drop him make siggy the main man .play a midfield of cork/Britton, Ki and gilfi .

Let's get the swansea way back. Like I said in a previous the ad the other day , Swansea is at its best playing with a continental style , Britten, Ki and gylfi are wonderful technical footballers that monk isn't getting the best of , he is playing in an English way not the swansea way and we saw how England got a good going over tonight .

Shelve is a good player but being monks pet project I wonder if he is sometimes hindering the swansea style not helping it .
Could Jonjo Shelvey hold the key to turning our form around? on 23:43 - Nov 13 with 2176 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Could Jonjo Shelvey hold the key to turning our form around? on 22:53 - Nov 13 by icecoldjack

Yes he holds the key. Drop him make siggy the main man .play a midfield of cork/Britton, Ki and gilfi .

Let's get the swansea way back. Like I said in a previous the ad the other day , Swansea is at its best playing with a continental style , Britten, Ki and gylfi are wonderful technical footballers that monk isn't getting the best of , he is playing in an English way not the swansea way and we saw how England got a good going over tonight .

Shelve is a good player but being monks pet project I wonder if he is sometimes hindering the swansea style not helping it .

Pet project ???

I disagree ,start playing a right winger so we are balanced again and can attack down both flanks ... & well ..... I don't know what to do about our centr forward situation to be honest .

Could Jonjo Shelvey hold the key to turning our form around? on 09:00 - Nov 14 with 2060 viewsPhil_S

Could Jonjo Shelvey hold the key to turning our form around? on 23:43 - Nov 13 by oh_tommy_tommy

Pet project ???

I disagree ,start playing a right winger so we are balanced again and can attack down both flanks ... & well ..... I don't know what to do about our centr forward situation to be honest .

The pet project statement is one of those that is now taken as fact alongside so many things which include (but are not limited to)

"Garry Monk is a yes man for Jenkins and Morgan"

"Premier League on the pitch, Vanarama conference off it"

"Gomis will never score goals in the Premier League"

"We'd be top four if Dyer was not at Leicester"
Could Jonjo Shelvey hold the key to turning our form around? on 09:05 - Nov 14 with 2055 viewskarnataka

Could Jonjo Shelvey hold the key to turning our form around? on 23:43 - Nov 13 by oh_tommy_tommy

Pet project ???

I agree we need a right winger to restore balance but I also think we need a defensive midfielder to take pressure off our stuttering defence who have no outlet when they get the ball. Having someone making themselves available for the short pass would stop Fed playing 30 yard passes to opposition midfielders for a start. The thing is though, adding a right winger and a defensive midfielder means 2 regular starters have to drop out and for me, Shelvey could well be one of them.
Could Jonjo Shelvey hold the key to turning our form around? on 09:17 - Nov 14 with 2044 viewsjojaca

Could Jonjo Shelvey hold the key to turning our form around? on 09:05 - Nov 14 by karnataka

I agree we need a right winger to restore balance but I also think we need a defensive midfielder to take pressure off our stuttering defence who have no outlet when they get the ball. Having someone making themselves available for the short pass would stop Fed playing 30 yard passes to opposition midfielders for a start. The thing is though, adding a right winger and a defensive midfielder means 2 regular starters have to drop out and for me, Shelvey could well be one of them.

Cork, Ki and Siguardsson in the middle with no Ayew on right wing.

Even when you know, you never know?

Could Jonjo Shelvey hold the key to turning our form around? on 09:17 - Nov 14 with 2044 viewsDafyddHuw

Jonjo is part of the problem at the mo.
[Post edited 14 Nov 2015 9:18]
Could Jonjo Shelvey hold the key to turning our form around? on 10:12 - Nov 14 with 2011 viewskarnataka

Could Jonjo Shelvey hold the key to turning our form around? on 09:17 - Nov 14 by jojaca

Cork, Ki and Siguardsson in the middle with no Ayew on right wing.

I agree that Ayew is not the right winger we need which only leaves Routledge as Barrow doesn't perform well at all when he starts and is best used as an impact sub like he was against Everton & Villa. Routledge looked good when he came on last week so I'd start him wide right against Bournemouth. Ayew could be a very good impact sub in that game.

Yes, Cork, Ki & Sigurdsson in the middle for me too although I wouldn't rule out Leon as he makes the midfield tick at a higher tempo which is something else we've been lacking.

One thing I've noticed about Shelvey recently is that sometimes when he's receiving the ball he's looking for a player to pass to, then checks and looks for another and possibly better option knowing the first option is still there if needed and if there's nothing else on, he checks again and passes to the first option. It's only seconds but that delay gives the opposition just enough time to get their shape back and another couple of men behind the ball. When we had various combinations of people like Leon, Allen, Pablo and de Guzman in midfield, the interchanging of passes was quick and instant often leaving the opposition chasing shadows and we're just not doing that sort of thing any more.
Could Jonjo Shelvey hold the key to turning our form around? on 10:58 - Nov 14 with 1970 viewsicecoldjack

Could Jonjo Shelvey hold the key to turning our form around? on 10:12 - Nov 14 by karnataka

I agree that Ayew is not the right winger we need which only leaves Routledge as Barrow doesn't perform well at all when he starts and is best used as an impact sub like he was against Everton & Villa. Routledge looked good when he came on last week so I'd start him wide right against Bournemouth. Ayew could be a very good impact sub in that game.

Yes, Cork, Ki & Sigurdsson in the middle for me too although I wouldn't rule out Leon as he makes the midfield tick at a higher tempo which is something else we've been lacking.

One thing I've noticed about Shelvey recently is that sometimes when he's receiving the ball he's looking for a player to pass to, then checks and looks for another and possibly better option knowing the first option is still there if needed and if there's nothing else on, he checks again and passes to the first option. It's only seconds but that delay gives the opposition just enough time to get their shape back and another couple of men behind the ball. When we had various combinations of people like Leon, Allen, Pablo and de Guzman in midfield, the interchanging of passes was quick and instant often leaving the opposition chasing shadows and we're just not doing that sort of thing any more.

Correct. Jonjo is mindful of not giving away the ball in crucial areas so tends to play safe and more controlled, we all know he isn't a natural short passer of the ball and we an all see he is trying to iprove aspects of his game.

Truth is his hesitation to move the ball to the right player in the right time makes a huge difference to us.

As for pet project, i think it's only myself that has used the term, though it;s clear to see that Jonjo has been worked on as a player by us , hence his more controlled appraoch to his game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024