Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maiz box 22:13 - Jan 31 with 13146 viewswhiterock

What's the low down? Any good?

This post has been edited by an administrator
Maiz box on 22:20 - Jan 31 with 11707 viewsPhil_S

Expensive, you dont need to pay the cost of one of those

Android box for less than half the price will do the job for what you want
Maiz box on 00:41 - Feb 1 with 11537 viewsJock_The_Jack

Expensive yes, but what a great bit of kit. I was skeptical about what the box could offer but if you want access to every channel in the planet then this is the box for you. I work nights every weekend so getting to the home games is ok, I bought this to watch the Saturday 3pm away games and I'm not disappointed. All in HD. Haven't missed a game. Next step is cancelling my sky subscription and saving myself a small fortune! Can't comment on the other options as I haven't tried them, but I can recommend the Maiz Box. Great after sales care and based in Swaneea too.

Hope this helps.
Maiz box on 00:54 - Feb 1 with 11525 viewsjedijack

You can get better boxes for a quarter the price of this.

The hardware is poor and their asking price is pure greed.

If anybody wants to blow £120 on an android box then get an Nvidia Shield TV 16GB model, that's a proper bit of hardware for money. Makes the Maiz box look like the £20 gadget it really is.
Maiz box on 01:19 - Feb 1 with 11500 viewsJack123

I heard the firestick does a good job, 35 quid? Mate has one, and had good reports off him.

libera nos a malo

Maiz box on 06:10 - Feb 1 with 11419 viewsjack247

Depends on whether you think £120 is a lot of money and how technically minded you are.

I don't (compared to what I'm saving on sky) and am not. It suits me perfectly. You can get higher spec bits of kit, but if you just want to watch the game and films etc, it's fine.
Maiz box on 06:42 - Feb 1 with 11382 viewsepaul

Maiz box on 01:19 - Feb 1 by Jack123

I heard the firestick does a good job, 35 quid? Mate has one, and had good reports off him.

That's what I've got and loaded everything on myself, I'm nt a genius when it comes to this stuff but it's easy to do as all the step by step guides are out there, you can load everything onto it, I wouldn't bother spending a small fortune on a maiz box because everything they have on it you can load onto the firestick

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Maiz box on 07:07 - Feb 1 with 11345 viewshobo

The website looks very amateurish. That added with the price makes it a 'no' from me
Maiz box on 07:17 - Feb 1 with 11312 viewsBigDoug

Anyone paying 120 pound for an Android box has way too much money especially one like they sell. Grab yourself a Minix and a good Kodi build and job done , no differant to what these guys offer ....
Login to get fewer ads

Maiz box on 09:14 - Feb 1 with 11157 viewsClinton

For these Android streaming boxes, is there any evidence that that OS, streaming software and streams generally render the virgin router/home network more vulnerable to hacking ? Is there anything to look out for?
Only asking because I run my PC and other equipment over the home Wifi and wouldn't want them more vulnerable to being compromised.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Maiz box on 09:29 - Feb 1 with 11122 viewsUxbridge

Raspberry Pi + OSMC. Far better solution. Been rock solid for me, and the hardware is 10 times as good as is the software compatibility (generic problem with Android boxes, especially the cheaper ones, is that the distro is not customised).

Horses for courses I guess. If you just want to plug and play then the Maiz box and its ilk has some value. It'd bug the hell out of me though.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Maiz box on 18:28 - Feb 1 with 10965 viewsjedijack

£120 for a private jet is not a lot of money.

£120 for a bubblegum is a lot of money.
Maiz box on 18:38 - Feb 1 with 10913 viewswaynekerr55

Maiz box on 22:20 - Jan 31 by Phil_S

Expensive, you dont need to pay the cost of one of those

Android box for less than half the price will do the job for what you want

I thought this was another player that we were linked to 😷😷😷😂

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Maiz box on 18:41 - Feb 1 with 10899 viewsjack247

Maiz box on 18:28 - Feb 1 by jedijack

£120 for a private jet is not a lot of money.

£120 for a bubblegum is a lot of money.

£120 for a Maizbox is not a lot of money if you are (were) paying Sky £80 every month, are not technically minded and just want something you can plug in and it works. Especially if you don't want to take part in any of the 'which stream is the game on - I can't find it on robocop' type threads.

It is a lot of money if you want something with more capabilities, don't just want to watch sport and the odd film on it, are prepared to do a bit more legwork and know there are cheaper, more advanced, but less user friendly alternatives on the market.

It won't be a life changing amount for most people whatever they spend it on.
Maiz box on 20:10 - Feb 1 with 10807 viewsstircrazyjack

Got a quad core 2 GB android box coming on Wednesday . Currently have an older dual core model which I have had for well over 2 years and has served me well.

The new box on cost me 35 quid and the reviews are nothing but good.

I only want it for swans games and the occasional boxing pay er view. Films is just a bonus.

It will pay for itself in 2 months as sky sports has been cancelled

It's a win win for me and I don't need it to go all techy about it
Maiz box on 20:17 - Feb 1 with 10785 viewswhiterock

I'm more confused
I thought Maiz was any film, any sport plus anything ever screened film or music
Maiz box on 20:58 - Feb 1 with 10703 viewsjedijack

Maiz box on 18:41 - Feb 1 by jack247

£120 for a Maizbox is not a lot of money if you are (were) paying Sky £80 every month, are not technically minded and just want something you can plug in and it works. Especially if you don't want to take part in any of the 'which stream is the game on - I can't find it on robocop' type threads.

It is a lot of money if you want something with more capabilities, don't just want to watch sport and the odd film on it, are prepared to do a bit more legwork and know there are cheaper, more advanced, but less user friendly alternatives on the market.

It won't be a life changing amount for most people whatever they spend it on.

Yes, it is a lot of money, £120 for this is scandalous.

It takes 5 minutes to configure one of these boxes. The people behind this are purely praying on the technically unaware to make massive profit on a, to be frank shi* device.

You are indeed correct though, £120 is nothing. I've got a couple of grand in the bathroom funnily enough, it's much better than Andrex.
Maiz box on 21:08 - Feb 1 with 10684 viewsjack247

Maiz box on 20:58 - Feb 1 by jedijack

Yes, it is a lot of money, £120 for this is scandalous.

It takes 5 minutes to configure one of these boxes. The people behind this are purely praying on the technically unaware to make massive profit on a, to be frank shi* device.

You are indeed correct though, £120 is nothing. I've got a couple of grand in the bathroom funnily enough, it's much better than Andrex.

Absolutely. It's for the technically unaware. I put myself in that bracket. I'm guessing the op does too or he wouldn't need to ask.

My mate has a box he paid much less for, says it does a better job. Showed me how it worked, it was geeky as hell. Better for him, he loves all that stuff. Wouldn't have been for me.

If £120 is actually that much to you that you equate it to buying private jets and wiping your arse with money, then fair enough. It isn't for most people as a one off purchase. Particularly those who were paying that to sky every two months.
Maiz box on 21:28 - Feb 1 with 10632 viewsjedijack

Maiz box on 21:08 - Feb 1 by jack247

Absolutely. It's for the technically unaware. I put myself in that bracket. I'm guessing the op does too or he wouldn't need to ask.

My mate has a box he paid much less for, says it does a better job. Showed me how it worked, it was geeky as hell. Better for him, he loves all that stuff. Wouldn't have been for me.

If £120 is actually that much to you that you equate it to buying private jets and wiping your arse with money, then fair enough. It isn't for most people as a one off purchase. Particularly those who were paying that to sky every two months.

Whats the difference between buying this for £120, or buying a better box for £30 and flushing £90 down the toilet.

No difference at all. Apart from having better box of course.

Do you understand the concept of value for money?
Maiz box on 21:35 - Feb 1 with 10611 viewsjack247

Maiz box on 21:28 - Feb 1 by jedijack

Whats the difference between buying this for £120, or buying a better box for £30 and flushing £90 down the toilet.

No difference at all. Apart from having better box of course.

Do you understand the concept of value for money?

Yeah totally. As we have both agreed it aimed at people who aren't technically astute. I'd rather pay £120 for something I can just plug in and it works. I'm not arguing it's the best bet for everyone.

The fact that your box has more capabilities is pretty much irrelevant to me. I'm not geeky at all and probably don't even use the Maizbox to anywhere near its capacity. I just have it for films and sport. Out of interest and in simple terms, what extras does your box have?
Maiz box on 21:38 - Feb 1 with 10590 viewsjedijack

Maiz box on 21:35 - Feb 1 by jack247

Yeah totally. As we have both agreed it aimed at people who aren't technically astute. I'd rather pay £120 for something I can just plug in and it works. I'm not arguing it's the best bet for everyone.

The fact that your box has more capabilities is pretty much irrelevant to me. I'm not geeky at all and probably don't even use the Maizbox to anywhere near its capacity. I just have it for films and sport. Out of interest and in simple terms, what extras does your box have?

A £30 beelink box comes fully loaded with kodi add ons etc.

What exactly does that £90 buy a punter?
Maiz box on 21:41 - Feb 1 with 10577 viewsjack247

Maiz box on 21:38 - Feb 1 by jedijack

A £30 beelink box comes fully loaded with kodi add ons etc.

What exactly does that £90 buy a punter?

What do kodi add ons do?
Maiz box on 21:59 - Feb 1 with 10530 viewsjedijack

Maiz box on 21:41 - Feb 1 by jack247

What do kodi add ons do?

So the additional £90 gets you nothing, apart from a sub standard box?

Or am i misunderstanding something?
Maiz box on 22:04 - Feb 1 with 10513 viewsjack247

Maiz box on 21:59 - Feb 1 by jedijack

So the additional £90 gets you nothing, apart from a sub standard box?

Or am i misunderstanding something?

I don't think that was in doubt. I'm not saying the box is better than yours, just easier to navigate if you aren't bothered by technology.

What do kodi add ones do? Can you also elaborate on 'etc'? I want to know what your box can do that mine can't, so I can work out if it's worth me getting one.
Maiz box on 22:14 - Feb 1 with 10480 viewsLeonisGod

Maiz box on 21:35 - Feb 1 by jack247

I'm with you on this. I'd happily pay the extra for more simplicity and convenience. Don't care about spec and how customisable something is. Quite the opposite - the less customisable the better as far as I'm concerned. The last thing I want to be doing is trawling the Internet for guides and tips to spec something so it works properly. Which is probably why I'm still with sky (very much thinking of ditching it though).
Maiz box on 06:44 - Feb 2 with 10390 viewsjack247

Maiz box on 22:14 - Feb 1 by LeonisGod

I'm with you on this. I'd happily pay the extra for more simplicity and convenience. Don't care about spec and how customisable something is. Quite the opposite - the less customisable the better as far as I'm concerned. The last thing I want to be doing is trawling the Internet for guides and tips to spec something so it works properly. Which is probably why I'm still with sky (very much thinking of ditching it though).

I would, if you're comparing it to sky it's a no brainer. Much better choice of films and sports. Downsides are you can't record and you need a decent speed broadband connection, preferably unlimited downloads, or you may quickly exceed your limit.

If, like you say, you want simplicity, I'd recommend it. If the extra £90 as a one off is a big deal, or you are technically minded. Plenty of cheaper options available.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024