Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we survive...??? 21:49 - Mar 6 with 6941 viewsalwaysblackandwhite

Should we expand the stadium.......yes or no......?
If we survive...??? on 21:53 - Mar 6 with 3112 viewsMrSwerve

I think we should go to 25k at some point, it won't happen though.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

If we survive...??? on 21:59 - Mar 6 with 3070 viewsbuilthjack

Yes, we should expand. But won't.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

If we survive...??? on 22:00 - Mar 6 with 3060 viewsAl_Bundy

We should but we won't.. we'll need around 7 or 8 new players for next season and that will cost a far bit.
If we survive...??? on 22:02 - Mar 6 with 3052 viewsBloodyhills

yes

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

If we survive...??? on 22:04 - Mar 6 with 3028 viewsGlyn1

If we survive...??? on 21:53 - Mar 6 by MrSwerve

I think we should go to 25k at some point, it won't happen though.

Absolutely agree.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

If we survive...??? on 22:05 - Mar 6 with 3029 viewslonglostjack

Well we've been adding about 5 seats a week over the last couple of years as witnessed by yesterday's record attendance.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

If we survive...??? on 22:12 - Mar 6 with 2992 viewsDewi1jack

Against the likes of Yernited, Liverpool and the other "biggies", we could probably sell over 30,000. Maybe even 40,000 or 50,000
For 7 games a year, IMHO a huge expansion would be a folly (see Crapduff)
Think 25,000 would be our size and to get the supporters of the future in, would be well worth it.
A real asset to the club and community, as well as even less kiddies wearing Yernited/ liverpool shirts, as they'll be lifelong Jacks.
So that means it won't happen if Swansea Council keep wanting their way, which seems to be to fuk off every council tax payer as much as is humanly possible.
Moved from Swansea and the 2 places I've lived since have a similar outlook to the public (their fuggin wage payers and bosses!)
God I hate bureaucrats.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

If we survive...??? on 22:15 - Mar 6 with 2975 viewsPrivate_Partz

Yes. Eventually. We must try and make sure we are a top 10 side reasonably comfortable of avoiding the drop. I thought we were in this position at the start of the season. I am by no means confident now. If we survive I think we should wait and see what our position in the league is next season. January 2018 could be a start date if things go well.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2016 9:18]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Login to get fewer ads

If we survive...??? on 22:16 - Mar 6 with 2974 viewsBanosswan

Is it the four open corners of the ground that contribute to how good the pitch is? If that is the case then I hope we never fill then in. But couldn't we get some tiered seating there that could be wheeled out of the way between matches? Would add 500+ surely

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

If we survive...??? on 22:20 - Mar 6 with 2948 viewssully49

If we survive...??? on 22:04 - Mar 6 by Glyn1

Absolutely agree.

Unfortunately this.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

If we survive...??? on 22:24 - Mar 6 with 2921 viewswhiterock

It will always be a struggle for Swansea and clubs like us, come on Newcastle, Sunderland and the Villa are far far bigger clubs than us, bigger budgets and they still may get relegated
If we survive...??? on 22:28 - Mar 6 with 2898 viewshobo

YES
If we survive...??? on 22:31 - Mar 6 with 2883 viewsMrSwerve

If we survive...??? on 22:24 - Mar 6 by whiterock

It will always be a struggle for Swansea and clubs like us, come on Newcastle, Sunderland and the Villa are far far bigger clubs than us, bigger budgets and they still may get relegated

If we take that attitude we will never grow as a club...we need to take advantage of this Premier League status to expand and bring in new fans.

There's absolutely no reason we couldn't bring in crowds of 25-30k regularly if we were to stay in the league for the next 10-20 years.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

If we survive...??? on 22:31 - Mar 6 with 2880 viewsmorningstar

If we survive...??? on 22:24 - Mar 6 by whiterock

I've seen with my own eyes secret plans in the council offices that have us digging the whole pitch down 50 metres, and building new stands under the existing ones.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

If we survive...??? on 22:32 - Mar 6 with 2876 viewsbuilthjack

If we survive...??? on 22:15 - Mar 6 by Private_Partz

Yes. Eventually. We must try and make sure we are a top 10 side reasonably comfortable of avoiding the drop. I thought we were in this position at the start of the season. I am by no means confident now. If we survive I think we should wait and see what our position in the league is next season. January 2018 could be a start date if things go well.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2016 9:18]

Hope we don't have to wait 900 years

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

If we survive...??? on 22:37 - Mar 6 with 2854 viewsSwansNZ

If we survive...??? on 22:32 - Mar 6 by builthjack

Huw is saving up, give him time mun.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

If we survive...??? on 22:38 - Mar 6 with 2847 viewsPrivate_Partz

If we survive...??? on 22:32 - Mar 6 by builthjack

Nice one :-) I must admit I have changed my mind on this one. I thought we were running a tight enough ship to avoid relegation hence I was in favour of immediate expansion. This season's fright has made me more cautious. We must expand the stadium if we are to grow as a club but we need to ensure things are steady on the playing field first.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

If we survive...??? on 22:41 - Mar 6 with 2829 viewsalwaysblackandwhite

If we survive...??? on 22:31 - Mar 6 by morningstar

I've seen with my own eyes secret plans in the council offices that have us digging the whole pitch down 50 metres, and building new stands under the existing ones.

Well that won't work will it. My seat is near the very back so if they did a massive hole as you say and dig straight down then I won't be able to see anything because of the angle of the seating???
If you have seen the plans i think you should get hold of them and shred them before anyone tries to push ahead with it 😂
If we survive...??? on 22:44 - Mar 6 with 2817 viewsmorningstar

If we survive...??? on 22:41 - Mar 6 by alwaysblackandwhite

Well that won't work will it. My seat is near the very back so if they did a massive hole as you say and dig straight down then I won't be able to see anything because of the angle of the seating???
If you have seen the plans i think you should get hold of them and shred them before anyone tries to push ahead with it 😂

You'll get a discount for restricted views apparently.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

If we survive...??? on 22:54 - Mar 6 with 2774 viewsalwaysblackandwhite

If we survive...??? on 22:44 - Mar 6 by morningstar

You'll get a discount for restricted views apparently.

I can always hang from the stand just like the Army displays, brilliant view eh 😂
If we survive...??? on 23:00 - Mar 6 with 2750 viewsGriffting

Would there ever be a possibility in getting rid of the concourse and having a single tier straight up sort of job? All that filled in would be a fair few seats surely? Take a little reconstruction in terms of the exits but minor work compared to complete new stands I would have thought?
If we survive...??? on 00:01 - Mar 7 with 2660 viewsBanosswan

Or build a 10,000 seater somewhere else, generate holograms from the real game for these fans to see, and pipe the extra atmosphere to the main stadium.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

If we survive...??? on 05:56 - Mar 7 with 2555 viewsjack247

Not at the moment. The absolute priority has to be staying in the Premier league. Any surplus funds in the summer should be put towards strengthening the playing squad. Last thing we want is to have to sell to buy in January again if things aren't going our way. An extra 5,000 seats would be useless in the Championship.

If we had a solid squad and very little chance of being involved in a relegation battle, then yes. It does need to be done at some point.
If we survive...??? on 06:02 - Mar 7 with 2551 viewsdameedna

Would anyone play the big clubs say 6 a year at the millennium if it meant the club got a load more money to spend on players
Would be keen to see what the atmosphere and a day put on Cardiff would be like
Could be exciting
If we survive...??? on 06:17 - Mar 7 with 2542 viewsjack247

If we survive...??? on 06:02 - Mar 7 by dameedna

Would anyone play the big clubs say 6 a year at the millennium if it meant the club got a load more money to spend on players
Would be keen to see what the atmosphere and a day put on Cardiff would be like
Could be exciting

These are league games. That's the sort of thing I would expect Merthyr to do if they drew Man United in the FA cup.

I can't see it being cost effective anyway. We may sell another 10,000 tickets and would have to rent the stadium and pay for the policing costs of 30 odd thousand Swans fans in the middle of Cardiff.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024