Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guidolin gone before the end of the season!? 10:14 - Mar 13 with 12392 viewsmagicdaps10

Some news reports suggesting that he might not make it to the end of the season.

Must admit, not really bothered as we have shown more as a team with Curtis calling the shots for 90mins and we have looked a bit more like the old Swans with King Curt.

Fingers crossed we can get past the line and sort the mess out in the summer, from top to bottom..............starting with the mess at the top.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Guidolin gone before the end of the season!? on 10:29 - Mar 13 with 5076 viewsDarran

Got a link to a news report suggesting this?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Guidolin gone before the end of the season!? on 10:35 - Mar 13 with 5044 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Guidolin gone before the end of the season!? on 10:29 - Mar 13 by Darran

Got a link to a news report suggesting this?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6996751/Its-Franc-you-and-go

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Guidolin gone before the end of the season!? on 10:39 - Mar 13 with 5018 viewsmagicdaps10

Thanks for the link there.

Im not stating its true and im just putting my opinion in on it. Just thought you good people and Darren should know

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Guidolin gone before the end of the season!? on 10:41 - Mar 13 with 5006 viewsDarran

Guidolin gone before the end of the season!? on 10:39 - Mar 13 by magicdaps10

Thanks for the link there.

Im not stating its true and im just putting my opinion in on it. Just thought you good people and Darren should know

Must be true if it's in The Sun.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Guidolin gone before the end of the season!? on 10:44 - Mar 13 with 4989 viewsexiledclaseboy

I don't think we've ever had any intention of keeping Guidolin past this season. We stay up and Brendan's back by the end of May.

Poll: Tory leader

Guidolin gone before the end of the season!? on 10:48 - Mar 13 with 4967 viewsjack247

We would almost ensure safety if we win on Saturday. If it is affecting his health thst badly and we gain points on the bottom four, it may be best to just call it a day.
Guidolin gone before the end of the season!? on 10:49 - Mar 13 with 4965 viewsWhiterockin

Guidolin gone before the end of the season!? on 10:44 - Mar 13 by exiledclaseboy

I don't think we've ever had any intention of keeping Guidolin past this season. We stay up and Brendan's back by the end of May.

Time to cut and run. I expect a mutual consent statement due to ongoing health reasons.
Guidolin gone before the end of the season!? on 11:02 - Mar 13 with 4892 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Guidolin gone before the end of the season!? on 10:44 - Mar 13 by exiledclaseboy

I think his health won't allow for him to take the job on a full time basis sadly. But for those saying he has had little impact I would say in mitigation that his arrival gave Curt the support he badly needed.

Login to get fewer ads

Guidolin gone before the end of the season!? on 11:04 - Mar 13 with 4879 viewsLoyal

Guidolin gone before the end of the season!? on 10:49 - Mar 13 by Whiterockin

Time to cut and run. I expect a mutual consent statement due to ongoing health reasons.

Yup.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Guidolin gone before the end of the season!? on 11:05 - Mar 13 with 4879 viewsDr_Winston

Guidolin gone before the end of the season!? on 11:02 - Mar 13 by Brynmill_Jack

I think his health won't allow for him to take the job on a full time basis sadly. But for those saying he has had little impact I would say in mitigation that his arrival gave Curt the support he badly needed.

Absolutely.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Guidolin gone before the end of the season!? on 11:08 - Mar 13 with 4849 viewsHuw57

So if he was to go now, which he hopefully doesn't, what do we do? Wouldn't his coaching staff go, too?
[Post edited 13 Mar 2016 11:09]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

Guidolin gone before the end of the season!? on 11:11 - Mar 13 with 4824 viewsjack247

Guidolin gone before the end of the season!? on 11:08 - Mar 13 by Huw57

So if he was to go now, which he hopefully doesn't, what do we do? Wouldn't his coaching staff go, too?
[Post edited 13 Mar 2016 11:09]

They must be on contracts until the end of the season? It's not as if he would be leaving us to get another job somewhere and would want to take them with him.

Either way, it's looking like we will have a new boss in the summer.
Guidolin gone before the end of the season!? on 11:13 - Mar 13 with 4795 viewsLoyal

Sensible thing to say by the board to him is you just turn up when you can, Curt is running things, nothing has changed, look after yourself amd we will cover everything g until the end of the season.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Guidolin gone before the end of the season!? on 11:22 - Mar 13 with 4757 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Surely he can't be allowed to pick the team (not Curtis either) if that back four is being picked week in week out. No wonder Huw is on £500K a year if he has to do team selection as well

Guidolin gone before the end of the season!? on 11:25 - Mar 13 with 4747 viewsjack247

Guidolin gone before the end of the season!? on 11:13 - Mar 13 by Loyal

Sensible thing to say by the board to him is you just turn up when you can, Curt is running things, nothing has changed, look after yourself amd we will cover everything g until the end of the season.

Actually, that's more logical. Calling it quits now doesn't really benefit anyone if he only has a peripheral role anyway.
Guidolin gone before the end of the season!? on 11:43 - Mar 13 with 4670 viewsswancity

I'm not sure that he's able to cope with the stress and demands that come with the job but he's certainly helped us regain some purpose, identity and confidence whilst our ship was rudderless and sinking just before he got here. He's working well with AC to turn things around as a month ago I thought we'd be relegated. Still not safe yet but we've got a great chance now.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Guidolin gone before the end of the season!? on 13:38 - Mar 13 with 4409 viewsPrivate_Partz

Guidolin gone before the end of the season!? on 11:43 - Mar 13 by swancity

I'm not sure that he's able to cope with the stress and demands that come with the job but he's certainly helped us regain some purpose, identity and confidence whilst our ship was rudderless and sinking just before he got here. He's working well with AC to turn things around as a month ago I thought we'd be relegated. Still not safe yet but we've got a great chance now.

Firstly the Sun report looks like the usual Lazy journalism. Linking us with previous candidates who allegedly did not want to come here in the first place. Communication problems? No Sh!t. He is still upgrading his English but it is no worse than many foreign managers when they start off.
The jury is out on whether he can cope and he has suffered from stress in the past but claims to have managed that condition now.
Has he been prone to lung infections? Is so this could be an issue but I have not heard that this is the case. If not it is hardly surprising he has missed three games. One due to his hospitalisation and two due to his recovery. I suspect anyone else picking up that sort illness would be in the same boat as they recuperate.
We have an experienced manager who gets along famously with Curt and he has brought in his own coaching team. Fortunes are slowly turning round after a disaster of a season.
If things continue as they are, and health is not an issue, then I will be happy with the status quo. Let's see what this set up can achieve next season.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2016 13:51]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Guidolin gone before the end of the season!? on 14:00 - Mar 13 with 4300 viewsraynor94

Guidolin gone before the end of the season!? on 13:38 - Mar 13 by Private_Partz

Firstly the Sun report looks like the usual Lazy journalism. Linking us with previous candidates who allegedly did not want to come here in the first place. Communication problems? No Sh!t. He is still upgrading his English but it is no worse than many foreign managers when they start off.
The jury is out on whether he can cope and he has suffered from stress in the past but claims to have managed that condition now.
Has he been prone to lung infections? Is so this could be an issue but I have not heard that this is the case. If not it is hardly surprising he has missed three games. One due to his hospitalisation and two due to his recovery. I suspect anyone else picking up that sort illness would be in the same boat as they recuperate.
We have an experienced manager who gets along famously with Curt and he has brought in his own coaching team. Fortunes are slowly turning round after a disaster of a season.
If things continue as they are, and health is not an issue, then I will be happy with the status quo. Let's see what this set up can achieve next season.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2016 13:51]

Well I would certainly fear for our safety if the current regime continues, Curt has done an excellent job under the circumstances, but I jus don't think Guidolin or his staff are up to the task. New manager and backroom staff please

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Guidolin gone before the end of the season!? on 16:26 - Mar 13 with 4075 viewsPrivate_Partz

Guidolin gone before the end of the season!? on 14:00 - Mar 13 by raynor94

Well I would certainly fear for our safety if the current regime continues, Curt has done an excellent job under the circumstances, but I jus don't think Guidolin or his staff are up to the task. New manager and backroom staff please

Bit soon to condemn him and his back room staff IMHO.
FG said he was not in a position to change things round due to our perilous position. We have no idea of his contacts in the game or how he wants us to play. I think we have to wait until the end of the season to see how the team performs from a position of safety (if we get to that luxury) and how his health stands up to the task.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Guidolin gone before the end of the season!? on 16:35 - Mar 13 with 4036 viewsraynor94

Guidolin gone before the end of the season!? on 16:26 - Mar 13 by Private_Partz

Bit soon to condemn him and his back room staff IMHO.
FG said he was not in a position to change things round due to our perilous position. We have no idea of his contacts in the game or how he wants us to play. I think we have to wait until the end of the season to see how the team performs from a position of safety (if we get to that luxury) and how his health stands up to the task.

Well, I'm yet to be impressed by Paloschi, and I really thought he would have done more to address our set piece weakness

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Guidolin gone before the end of the season!? on 16:45 - Mar 13 with 3993 viewsPrivate_Partz

Guidolin gone before the end of the season!? on 16:35 - Mar 13 by raynor94

Well, I'm yet to be impressed by Paloschi, and I really thought he would have done more to address our set piece weakness

Bit too short for that I would say. He does blow hot and cold though but I also think that depends on our play.
It was strange yesterday that, even though we were creating chances, he seemed isolated. He normally is out of the game when we are defending. Cracking finish for his goal the other day and he has had a couple of near misses so again I would not write him off.

Guidolin gone before the end of the season!? on 16:58 - Mar 13 with 3948 viewsmonmouth

Surely he would not have been allowed to spend 8m quid on paloschi if he was a stop gap manager? Health notwithstanding, I expect him and backroom to be here next season, without Curt who has already said he is retiring hasn't he?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Guidolin gone before the end of the season!? on 17:19 - Mar 13 with 3845 viewscostalotta

There's been improvement since he's been here and they do seem to work well together given the circumstances. However, clearly health issues have arison and due to this I cannot see the club taking a risk on him next season. Can you imagine we did, he fell Ill again. No thanks.

On this basis I now don't expect him here next season. Nor curtis actually.

In terms of how's to come in and that speculation, I hope it's not Brendan. We tried restoring our principles that way recently, twice and it's not really worked. Major overhaul needed Dn fresh thinking manager whose up to date.mthe German league is where we should be recruiting from as bielsa, emery et al will not be coming. Hope it's not the usual... Di matteo, poyet type links too. Get it done early. Favre anyone?
Guidolin gone before the end of the season!? on 17:22 - Mar 13 with 3827 viewsjack247

Guidolin gone before the end of the season!? on 16:58 - Mar 13 by monmouth

Surely he would not have been allowed to spend 8m quid on paloschi if he was a stop gap manager? Health notwithstanding, I expect him and backroom to be here next season, without Curt who has already said he is retiring hasn't he?

Logically yes, but faced with the choice of an £8m gamble, who will have some resale value or trusting Gomis and Eder to score the goals to keep us up, I think our hand was slightly forced. I'm still surprised we didn't sign a striker on loan, but maybe the quality just wasn't available.
Guidolin gone before the end of the season!? on 17:31 - Mar 13 with 3795 viewsSgorioFruit

Bring back Brendan

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024