Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rested ? Or 'moved aside' ? 21:43 - May 8 with 3908 viewsBarryTownSwam

Cynical me !?!

Interesting that a team minus Ash, Gylfi, Rangel & Taylor actually played better than any Swans team this season!

The midfield looked cohesive, energised and threatening without Glyfi as the fulcrum.

Fernandez looked a different player with Amat long side him rather than captain Ash. Think he won nearly every header & marshalled Andy Carroll excellently. No confusion as to who picks up who at set pieces! No finger pointed in his direction when (if) things went wrong at the back !

The cynic in me likes to believe that dropping (sorry, resting) Ash, Rangel, Taylor & Gylfi (all 4 powerful voices in the dressing rooms, respected by other players and influencial around the club) suddenly lead to the team looking at peace with itself, playing for each other, with a skip & a fight. Ash stated in the press that he met Guido on a daily basis and, as captain, clearly has the ear of Huw Jenkins. All 4 players also know Brendan Rodgers very well and, I presume, will be at the forefront of any player voice in support of a Rodgers return!

Is the 'resting' of these players a Guido show of "don't mess with me, I don't want you guys bad mouthing my quest to land this job permanently" and the "aren't I a good guy giving you guys a rest before the Euros" a convenient smoke screen ?!?

Curt yesterday voiced his own support for Guido having the job. Curt is close to the 'rested' players and knows damned well if they want Guido as boss or not.

As I said, may be its me being cynical again !

[Post edited 8 May 2016 21:47]
Rested ? Or 'moved aside' ? on 21:47 - May 8 with 3259 viewsveng9

I could be way off here but I've never thought of Sigurdsson to be the type to do something like that. They also looked pretty good last week with all 4 of those in the team.
[Post edited 8 May 2016 21:47]
Rested ? Or 'moved aside' ? on 21:51 - May 8 with 3224 viewsDarran

I can't be arsed with this shite.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Rested ? Or 'moved aside' ? on 21:52 - May 8 with 3208 viewsBarryTownSwam

maybe not in the 'Gary Monk' sense of openly rocking the apple cart against a manager, but Gylfi has worked with Rodgers previously and I'm sure Rodgers would have sounded out Gylfi about the mood within the squad and their feelings on his return etc !

As I said, just me being cynical & in a mood for shit stirring
[Post edited 8 May 2016 21:54]
Rested ? Or 'moved aside' ? on 22:11 - May 8 with 3116 viewsSmellyplumz

Great theory but for the sake of one thing, West hum where totally gash, stood off us and allowed us to play our game, I think we would of won with the dropped players in the team sat. Having said that the defence looked better with amat in for ash wills.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Rested ? Or 'moved aside' ? on 22:49 - May 8 with 2975 viewsharryhpalmer

If Siggy was that close to Rodgers, do you not think he would have gone to Liverpool and not Spurs?

Ash, on the other hand...

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Rested ? Or 'moved aside' ? on 23:05 - May 8 with 2914 viewslondonlisa2001

You're having an interesting few days having a stir I must say.

This post, and from memory it was you that said that Huw told the Trust meeting that the deal for a new manager was done and dusted but couldn't be announced because of contractual reasons which no one else at the meeting agrees was said?
Rested ? Or 'moved aside' ? on 23:09 - May 8 with 2899 viewsGriffting

There was no surprise to a certain amount of urgency and determination that came with our play on Saturday. I've seen a lot of West Ham fans state that our players had 'nothing to play for', when in reality a lot of them had their Swansea careers in the balance. Look at the the regulars: fab, cork, routs and Ayew always play with 100% (if not always consistent). Fede had to take responsibility in the defence as the senior member at the back. All the rest had a point to prove, that they don't look out of place in the prem, were still worth keeping on next season and still have a role to play for the swans. There was a lot of purpose within our team and resting the players who have played nearly every minute and maybe have an eye on the euros was a great decision.
Rested ? Or 'moved aside' ? on 23:09 - May 8 with 2898 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Rested ? Or 'moved aside' ? on 22:11 - May 8 by Smellyplumz

Great theory but for the sake of one thing, West hum where totally gash, stood off us and allowed us to play our game, I think we would of won with the dropped players in the team sat. Having said that the defence looked better with amat in for ash wills.

No Kingsley to cross for Ayew then?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Rested ? Or 'moved aside' ? on 00:08 - May 9 with 2777 viewsGlyn1

Didn't we all drop or rest a number of players before the Arsenal match as well? Maybe it's a new tactic to confuse the opposition.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Rested ? Or 'moved aside' ? on 01:32 - May 9 with 2689 viewsSwansNZ

Rested ? Or 'moved aside' ? on 00:08 - May 9 by Glyn1

Didn't we all drop or rest a number of players before the Arsenal match as well? Maybe it's a new tactic to confuse the opposition.

Liverpool tried it against us, but it didn't work for them.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Rested ? Or 'moved aside' ? on 07:25 - May 9 with 2563 viewsElward

Amat and Fernandez has been the best partnership I have seen this season. Ash has been great over the years, but in my opinion, there are 2 players better then him at that position now.
Rested ? Or 'moved aside' ? on 07:59 - May 9 with 2491 viewsmonmouth

Dear God. Laughable.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Rested ? Or 'moved aside' ? on 08:20 - May 9 with 2448 viewsSwaneeRiver

Up there with "Was there really a moon landing ?" and "Who really wanted JFK and Marilyn Monroe dead ?"
What a crock of shite !
IMO it is what it is - i.e giving players a rest before the most important tournament in their International careers to date.
Rested ? Or 'moved aside' ? on 08:43 - May 9 with 2407 viewssherpajacob

Here's a thought.

We have a good squad and strength in depth.

Providing we play our style of football

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Rested ? Or 'moved aside' ? on 10:03 - May 9 with 2286 viewsfelixstowe_jack

I seem to remember we rested Ash and Taylor for the last match of the season last season at Palace, as Wales had Euro Qualifiers coming up. We were useless that day.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Rested ? Or 'moved aside' ? on 10:09 - May 9 with 2268 viewsDr_Winston

Rested ? Or 'moved aside' ? on 08:43 - May 9 by sherpajacob

Here's a thought.

We have a good squad and strength in depth.

Providing we play our style of football

Is mostly the right answer.

We could do with a bit of freshening up and a few new faces, but given competent management we've seen that the squad we have is much better than performances over the first half of the season would suggest.

Certainly there's no need for the kind of wholesale clearout that many have called for.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Rested ? Or 'moved aside' ? on 10:19 - May 9 with 2237 viewsmax936

Rested ? Or 'moved aside' ? on 10:09 - May 9 by Dr_Winston

We could do with a bit of freshening up and a few new faces, but given competent management we've seen that the squad we have is much better than performances over the first half of the season would suggest.

Certainly there's no need for the kind of wholesale clearout that many have called for.

Rangel, Leon and probably Ash need others to come in and provide alternatives for them none of them can maintain playing a full season next yr, am another AM maybe two if Siggy goes, Ayew will need replacing a winger and a striker, so we're probably looking at maybe 5 to 7 players really hope we've done our home work ready for this summer and not spend money on non entities like last summer.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Rested ? Or 'moved aside' ? on 10:30 - May 9 with 2208 viewsClinton

Ash plays every game. He must be carrying injuries and be fatigued. Even if you are a highly paid footballer, you get cumulative injuries and fatigued. With safety guaranteed, it was an ideal time to rest Ash, with next season in mind never mind the Euros.
It was good to see that the team can function perfectly well without Ash. Earlier in the season when we were desperate and scrambling for points, if Ash had been left out of the team, and we'd had a defensive mare, fingers would have been pointed.
Guido just made a great call in resting them. Forza Guido.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Rested ? Or 'moved aside' ? on 10:51 - May 9 with 2171 viewsDafyddHuw

2 + 2 = 5
Rested ? Or 'moved aside' ? on 11:10 - May 9 with 2134 viewsWxmJax

Poor thread. How many outfield players do we have going to the euros ? 3

Would they happen to be Gylfi, Ash and Taylor ? Correct

As we are now safe, do you think that it would be a good idea to give them some time off now BEFORE the euros so that when they return to the club after the euros they will be fresher than if they hadn't had this time off ? Yes

Is this more favourable for both the club and the players ? Yes

What was the thread about again ?

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Rested ? Or 'moved aside' ? on 11:13 - May 9 with 2130 viewspencoedjack

Rested ? Or 'moved aside' ? on 10:09 - May 9 by Dr_Winston

Indeed

With the exception of Mahrez Vardy & Kante there are not many players I would swap with Leicester 1st 11 (squad) than ours.

Just needs to be managed well
Rested ? Or 'moved aside' ? on 12:06 - May 9 with 2043 viewsDr_Winston

Rested ? Or 'moved aside' ? on 10:19 - May 9 by max936

Rangel, Leon and probably Ash need others to come in and provide alternatives for them none of them can maintain playing a full season next yr, am another AM maybe two if Siggy goes, Ayew will need replacing a winger and a striker, so we're probably looking at maybe 5 to 7 players really hope we've done our home work ready for this summer and not spend money on non entities like last summer.

I'd be trying to keep hold of Ayew.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Rested ? Or 'moved aside' ? on 12:15 - May 9 with 1997 viewsLoyal

Rested ? Or 'moved aside' ? on 12:06 - May 9 by Dr_Winston

He has sprung to life Leroy Fer style in recent weeks.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Rested ? Or 'moved aside' ? on 12:19 - May 9 with 1975 viewsjasper_T

Rested ? Or 'moved aside' ? on 10:19 - May 9 by max936

If yesterday proved anything it's that we don't need a dedicated AM to play our football.
Rested ? Or 'moved aside' ? on 12:27 - May 9 with 1948 viewsPegojack

Rested ? Or 'moved aside' ? on 12:06 - May 9 by Dr_Winston

So would I. This board has been agonising about his best position since we got him - he shouldn't be on the wing because he drifts inside and doesn't support his full back defensively, should he be behind the striker, should he be this, should he be that?

It seems now that the answer has been staring us in the face. He should be striker, pure and simple. That doesn't mean he starts every game, but he is one of our striking options. We have Paloschi as the nippy, running into the channels type of striker, and we have Gomis (groan) as the strong, hold the ball up and knock the centre backs around type of striker. Ayew gives us the third option.

Get rid of Gomis and get Wilf back, and we're sorted.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024