Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lost loved ones who have planned for death 15:19 - May 19 with 763 viewscsf

Going through a bit of an issue at the minute and was wondering if anyone on here could shed some light on our situation or has been through similar.

My mother in law has recently passed away. She wanted her daughters to not have to worry about funeral expenses etc so she took out a financial policy. When she started the plan nearly 20 years ago she put her then next door neighbour down as trustee and her two daughters as beneficiaries.

s time went by she moved and I believe the neighbour moved also. I understand that my mother in law was encouraged to sort out her affairs in later life but didn't.

Fast forward to now. My wife and her sister got in touch with the company holding the plan to work out how to get the money so the funeral can be paid for. They had to send off marriage certificates as their names were both wrong. They did that and then this is where it started to go south.

They have been informed that the money will not go to them but to the trustee (who they haven't seen for nearly twenty years) who they have found. They have also been told that legally they should receive the money but that that is down to the trustee. And that the company won't be giving the daughters details to the trustee.

The impression we are being given is that they are sending her the money and if it doesn't end up with the daughters there's nothing the company can or will do.

We have been told we can seek legal advice and seek legal help to take the trust off of the policy.

Has anyone been through anything similar or would know what to do here?

Thanks in advance!!
Lost loved ones who have planned for death on 15:39 - May 19 with 737 viewsmonmouth

Ge proper legal advice mate. Depends on the conditions of the Trust, but surely it should be impossible for the money to be used for any other than the defined purpose anyway, so it's of no use to the 'Trustee'.

As I say though, proper legal advice, worth paying for, but could start with the CAB?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024