Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley 16:17 - Oct 3 with 5410 viewsTummer_from_Texas

as the 23rd best manager in the world in 2016, one spot behind Arsene Wenger.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/fourfourtwos-50-best-football-managers-world

Moved up one spot from 24th in 2015.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/fourfourtwos-50-best-football-managers-world

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 16:18 - Oct 3 with 3856 viewsLegend83

What's your view from Stateside, Tummer?
FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 16:19 - Oct 3 with 3847 viewsyescomeon

He's one for the football hipsters.

Upthecity!

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 16:26 - Oct 3 with 3769 viewsLeonisGod

Bilic ahead of Wenger? File under ignore.
FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 16:28 - Oct 3 with 3754 viewsTummer_from_Texas

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 16:18 - Oct 3 by Legend83

Not gonna lie, it's a rough time to be an American Swans fan.

If Bradley screws this up, I may have to fake an Australian accent next time I come visit Wales. Oh wait, Petty was Australian...OK I can do a Canadian one, eh.

Seriously, I liked Bob with the USMNT much better than what we have now (Klinsmann). As has been mentioned elsewhere, expect reactive football tactics that won't always be pretty, but we need results over pretty.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 16:49 - Oct 3 with 3648 viewsLeonisGod

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 16:28 - Oct 3 by Tummer_from_Texas

If Bradley screws this up, I may have to fake an Australian accent next time I come visit Wales. Oh wait, Petty was Australian...OK I can do a Canadian one, eh.

Seriously, I liked Bob with the USMNT much better than what we have now (Klinsmann). As has been mentioned elsewhere, expect reactive football tactics that won't always be pretty, but we need results over pretty.

We've been reactive for far too long, and that's been part of the problem. We're at our best when we focus on our strengths and play our own game. Or we always used to be, but I may have to accept that those days are long gone.
FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 16:54 - Oct 3 with 3604 viewsTheKirkyLife

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 16:49 - Oct 3 by LeonisGod

We've been reactive for far too long, and that's been part of the problem. We're at our best when we focus on our strengths and play our own game. Or we always used to be, but I may have to accept that those days are long gone.

Agreed. That said I've also heard that he likes a high-press and giving it everything in a game. If he actually selects good starting lineups and only reacts if something is going wrong then I'm onboard.

Still disgusted by the treatment of The Guidfather though.
FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 17:06 - Oct 3 with 3530 viewslonglostjack

He seems to have done very well at Le Havre. Perhaps he didn't get the backing of the Board there.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 17:41 - Oct 3 with 3403 viewsSwansea93

Aint Le Havre 11th in the French L2?

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Login to get fewer ads

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 17:42 - Oct 3 with 3395 viewsjack247

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 16:49 - Oct 3 by LeonisGod

Spot on. Most of the bottom half teams play reactive football. If we go down that route, it eventually becomes a battle of budgets and how wisely those budgets are spent. I don't have much confidence in us in either department at the moment
FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 17:42 - Oct 3 with 3387 viewsyescomeon

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 17:41 - Oct 3 by Swansea93

I'm guessing the list would have been based on last season when he was very much a man on the rise.

Upthecity!

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 17:43 - Oct 3 with 3381 viewsshandyjack

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/disciplined-bob-bradley-will-restore-spi

Poll: Expectation for the season

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 17:45 - Oct 3 with 3350 viewsjack247

And no offence meant at all Tummer, but if he was the 23rd best manager in the world, he would have done a little bit better than the USA, Egypt, Le fcking Harve!!! and the club sides he managed in the States.

I'd expect an Inter Milan or a Valencia on his CV. A Porto at least.
FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 17:48 - Oct 3 with 3325 viewsKrisP

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 17:41 - Oct 3 by Swansea93

It depends on how good the squad is I suppose. If they were relegation candidates it's not bad. If they were promotion favourites then I guess not! I have no idea.
FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 17:50 - Oct 3 with 3301 viewsphact0rri

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 16:28 - Oct 3 by Tummer_from_Texas

I prefer Klinsmann to BB myself. I felt that BB made the national team a bit to pensive, and always shaped liked we were battoning down the hatches. Klinsmann plays a bit more positive.

BB could have changed himself up since those days, and maybe he can buy into a more ticky-tacky style of play but for some reason I get the feeling were going back to the way Monk had us set up.

From here, I've heard not a blip about Bradley outside of Swansea supporters. Granted I've came straight to work, and its only 9am here. But I'd be suprised if there's much on the news cycles about So-ka here, compatriot or not.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 17:55 - Oct 3 with 3275 viewsTummer_from_Texas

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 17:45 - Oct 3 by jack247

And no offence meant at all Tummer, but if he was the 23rd best manager in the world, he would have done a little bit better than the USA, Egypt, Le fcking Harve!!! and the club sides he managed in the States.

I'd expect an Inter Milan or a Valencia on his CV. A Porto at least.

None taken, I'm just the messenger.

His fervent supporters would tell you that it has been a long, frustrating journey for him to finally get the manager job he has long deserved. We shall see.

I know he was rumored to be in line at Villa on multiple occasions, including last season, but I don't know how close he was to top of their list.

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 17:55 - Oct 3 with 3268 viewsyescomeon

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 17:48 - Oct 3 by KrisP

It depends on how good the squad is I suppose. If they were relegation candidates it's not bad. If they were promotion favourites then I guess not! I have no idea.

He finished 4th with them last season, missing out on promotion by 2 goals on goals for (same points and goal difference). The seasons before they finished 7th, 12th, 6th and 15th working backwards. It's hardly pulling up trees looking at it on the surface. Don't know what goes on behind the scenes. He took a newly promoted side to the Europa league in Norway though, lower level though.

Upthecity!

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 17:58 - Oct 3 with 3251 viewslondonlisa2001

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 17:55 - Oct 3 by yescomeon

He finished 4th with them last season, missing out on promotion by 2 goals on goals for (same points and goal difference). The seasons before they finished 7th, 12th, 6th and 15th working backwards. It's hardly pulling up trees looking at it on the surface. Don't know what goes on behind the scenes. He took a newly promoted side to the Europa league in Norway though, lower level though.

Yes - to be fair, he only did marginally worse in Norway than OGS, and he was a triumph in the premier league - oh, wait...
FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 18:06 - Oct 3 with 3196 viewsnyc_swans

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 16:18 - Oct 3 by Legend83

he wasn't nicknamed "Bunker Bob" for his ability to get his teams to play attacking, flowing futbol. he may be a good motivator, but i find the whole situation farcical and i pity the fans who have been on board much longer than i.
FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 18:07 - Oct 3 with 3177 viewsraynor94

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 17:58 - Oct 3 by londonlisa2001

Yes - to be fair, he only did marginally worse in Norway than OGS, and he was a triumph in the premier league - oh, wait...

Well it seems you have totally written him off, before he has even set foot inside the club, surely he deserves a little more respect than he's getting on here today, time will tell whether it's the right decision, but I wasn't convinced Guidolin would keep us up

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 18:08 - Oct 3 with 3165 viewsyescomeon

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 17:58 - Oct 3 by londonlisa2001

It's hardly dream appointment territory is it but I'm going to wait and see what he does with the opportunity before getting all pissed off about it. Because it's a hell of an opportunity for him. If he's as good as he thinks he is, now is the time for him to prove it.

Upthecity!

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 18:09 - Oct 3 with 3157 viewsl121

23rd best manager in the world. lol.

Hes managed 1 win in his last 6 games in the French 2nd Division.

And I dont think he faced the likes of current premier league champions Leicester, Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool in those games like Guidolin did...
[Post edited 3 Oct 2016 18:11]
FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 18:12 - Oct 3 with 3127 viewsjack247

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 18:07 - Oct 3 by raynor94

Well it seems you have totally written him off, before he has even set foot inside the club, surely he deserves a little more respect than he's getting on here today, time will tell whether it's the right decision, but I wasn't convinced Guidolin would keep us up

I pretty much have to be honest. Hopefully he will prove me wrong. It's not because he is American, it's because he has a proven track record in mediocrity.

Most PL level managers would rip the Norwegian league and the French second division to shreds.
FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 18:30 - Oct 3 with 3075 viewsDafyddHuw

Wasn't it FourFourTwo who had it that Leon had completed more passes than the entire Barcelona team? Or something.
FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 22:19 - Oct 3 with 2740 viewslonglostjack

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 18:06 - Oct 3 by nyc_swans

he wasn't nicknamed "Bunker Bob" for his ability to get his teams to play attacking, flowing futbol. he may be a good motivator, but i find the whole situation farcical and i pity the fans who have been on board much longer than i.

Good post. Together stronger and that includes US fans like you who get it.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 22:23 - Oct 3 with 2715 viewsBrynmill_Jack

FourFourTwo.com rates Bob Bradley on 18:07 - Oct 3 by raynor94

We can always rely on you for some positive thinking can't we

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024