Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Americans and Bob in particular. 18:57 - Nov 28 with 4059 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Interesting......

http://www.football365.com/news/born-in-the-usa-and-whats-wrong-with-that#fb-com

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Americans and Bob in particular. on 19:12 - Nov 28 with 3412 viewsDafyddHuw

Meh. Changes nothing.
If anybody believes that Coach Bob would have even been considered if he wasn't American is very naive.
And Saunders is wrong. Remember when Levien came out with that "Don't kudge hi on hi accent" bollox? And we all told him in no uncertain terms that it wasn't his accent that was the problem, just the fact that he wasn't up to it. French league Div 2 ffs.
And the journo extrapolated from Saunderfs believing it to everybody believing it.

There may be some truth in the article, but doesn't alter the fact that our manager's a dud.
Americans and Bob in particular. on 19:19 - Nov 28 with 3381 viewsBigPhilG

Americans and Bob in particular. on 19:12 - Nov 28 by DafyddHuw

Meh. Changes nothing.
If anybody believes that Coach Bob would have even been considered if he wasn't American is very naive.
And Saunders is wrong. Remember when Levien came out with that "Don't kudge hi on hi accent" bollox? And we all told him in no uncertain terms that it wasn't his accent that was the problem, just the fact that he wasn't up to it. French league Div 2 ffs.
And the journo extrapolated from Saunderfs believing it to everybody believing it.

There may be some truth in the article, but doesn't alter the fact that our manager's a dud.

This
Americans and Bob in particular. on 19:20 - Nov 28 with 3369 viewsairedale

Bob's a dude and he's on 5 live nowish.
Americans and Bob in particular. on 19:37 - Nov 28 with 3317 viewsJango

The article is spot on. Whether he turns out to be a good manager or not only time will tell, but the ignorance and hatred towards him even before a ball was kicked is shameful and embarrassing.
Americans and Bob in particular. on 19:40 - Nov 28 with 3301 viewsperchrockjack

Would we feel this way if they were clearly moving the club forward

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Americans and Bob in particular. on 19:45 - Nov 28 with 3276 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Americans and Bob in particular. on 19:37 - Nov 28 by Jango

The article is spot on. Whether he turns out to be a good manager or not only time will tell, but the ignorance and hatred towards him even before a ball was kicked is shameful and embarrassing.

After 30 odd years in management and achieving next to nothing I'm going to stick my neck out and say that time has already told.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Americans and Bob in particular. on 19:47 - Nov 28 with 3265 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Americans and Bob in particular. on 19:20 - Nov 28 by airedale

Bob's a dude and he's on 5 live nowish.

[Post edited 28 Nov 2016 19:49]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Americans and Bob in particular. on 20:57 - Nov 28 with 3085 viewsDafyddHuw

Any football club's fans will tell you the same - if the manager's a gem, they're chuffed to bits, if he's an idiot then they're not happy.

Nationality doesn't come into it.

Unless you buy a club, and insist on getting rid of the present manager and bring in a manager the same nationality as yourself, irrespective of his experience or talent. That's when nationality comes into it.
Login to get fewer ads

Americans and Bob in particular. on 21:03 - Nov 28 with 3061 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Americans and Bob in particular. on 19:37 - Nov 28 by Jango

More than a smidgen of truth here.

As much as he's made - in my eyes - some bizarre decisions, in his time here. So did his immediate predecessor (especially) , and his, and his and his.....

The prejudice he's been subjected to has been a less than edifying chapter in the history of the jack army.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Americans and Bob in particular. on 21:03 - Nov 28 with 3057 viewsFireboy

Im sure I speak for 95% of the swans fans when I say i couldn't give a fook that he's a yank,all I care about is if he keeps us up
Americans and Bob in particular. on 21:07 - Nov 28 with 3044 viewsbonymine

Americans and Bob in particular. on 21:03 - Nov 28 by Fireboy

Im sure I speak for 95% of the swans fans when I say i couldn't give a fook that he's a yank,all I care about is if he keeps us up

Agree totally mate.

Another managerial change now would be so disruptive and negative....we are a poor team no doubt but this season we must hope that there are three teams poorer than us .....SIMPLES !!!

STID. Together Stronger 💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Americans and Bob in particular. on 21:24 - Nov 28 with 2988 viewsblueytheblue

Utterly crap article from a crap writer looking to be all edgy and such on a crap website. And no, that's not a self-reference...

Any good writer would look for the counter argument - why has there been complaints about Bradley being appointed rather than focusing on Saunders dumb comment in isolation.

For a team in a relegation dogfight, the appointment of a manager with a record on success decades ago in a minor league, who has managed in Europe solely at lower league level is one many, fans of the club or otherwise would find incredibly baffling.

Easier for an edgy writer to play the race card. Good writers would write a more balanced article.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Americans and Bob in particular. on 21:32 - Nov 28 with 2959 viewsexiledclaseboy

Americans and Bob in particular. on 21:03 - Nov 28 by FearOfAJackPlanet

More than a smidgen of truth here.

As much as he's made - in my eyes - some bizarre decisions, in his time here. So did his immediate predecessor (especially) , and his, and his and his.....

The prejudice he's been subjected to has been a less than edifying chapter in the history of the jack army.

I said this when he was appointed and was met with a righteous chorus of "it's nothing to do with his nationality it's cos he's not good enough".

If Bradley was any other nationality than American much of the stuff written on here since his appointment would have been quickly deemed unacceptable and removed post haste.

Poll: Tory leader

Americans and Bob in particular. on 21:41 - Nov 28 with 2932 viewsWarwickHunt

Americans and Bob in particular. on 21:32 - Nov 28 by exiledclaseboy

I said this when he was appointed and was met with a righteous chorus of "it's nothing to do with his nationality it's cos he's not good enough".

If Bradley was any other nationality than American much of the stuff written on here since his appointment would have been quickly deemed unacceptable and removed post haste.

If Bradley was any other nationality than American he wouldn't fücking be here.
Americans and Bob in particular. on 21:45 - Nov 28 with 2923 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Indeed

Although if he wasn't American he wouldnt be here

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Americans and Bob in particular. on 21:46 - Nov 28 with 2914 viewsbonymine

Americans and Bob in particular. on 21:41 - Nov 28 by WarwickHunt

Agree with that mate but it is what it is the Sell Outs have put us in this predicament and we are where we are so let's get behind the team AND our Manager in our quest to escape relegation ......

STID. TogetherStronger 💪💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Americans and Bob in particular. on 22:17 - Nov 28 with 2857 viewsLoyal

Americans and Bob in particular. on 19:40 - Nov 28 by perchrockjack

Would we feel this way if they were clearly moving the club forward

No, because that's what they said they would do ...

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Americans and Bob in particular. on 22:20 - Nov 28 with 2841 viewsLoyal

Yup.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Americans and Bob in particular. on 22:23 - Nov 28 with 2834 viewsexiledclaseboy

Americans and Bob in particular. on 21:41 - Nov 28 by WarwickHunt

See that way over yonder? That's the point you so spectacularly missed.

Poll: Tory leader

Americans and Bob in particular. on 22:44 - Nov 28 with 2764 viewsswan_si

Americans and Bob in particular. on 22:23 - Nov 28 by exiledclaseboy

brilliant.
Americans and Bob in particular. on 22:49 - Nov 28 with 2751 viewsjackrabbit

Interesting and encouraging item in the Telegraph today. We used to regularly have players included in their Fantasy Football " Team of the Week". But this season for obvious reasons, we've hardly featured. So it was great to see in today's edition, alongside Fernhandino and Alexis Sanchez, Victor Moses and Xherdan Shaquiri, the names of Gylfi Sigurdsson and Fernando Llorente. However the biggest surprise was the manager of the "Team of the Week" is no other than Bob Bradley! That raised a cheer from me alright.

Bradley is attracting a lot of venom from the usual glass-half-empty types on here. It's as if it was his fault that Guidolin was let go. A lot of it though boils down to good old fashioned anti-Americanism. I was glad for him Saturday. He's a good and dignified man - as was Guidolin, but he has better communication skills, - and I have no doubt that the fan base will come around to him eventually. I have confidence that he plus Williams and Curtis have enough footballing nous to get us out of this mess. That is, of course, with the proviso that we strengthen the team in January. We'll wait and see. But meanwhile let's get behind him. He's our manager and he's not going anywhere
Americans and Bob in particular. on 22:50 - Nov 28 with 2745 viewsskippyjack

No uproar about the flack Guidolin received..

I'm Appy. Clearly taking the p*ss out of his Italian dialectic.

But nobody on planet earth is a hypocrite.. because nobody makes mistakes, and everyone is invincible at what they do.

This world is going down the toilet quicker than Usain Bolt.. because people are f*cking insane.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Americans and Bob in particular. on 23:06 - Nov 28 with 2703 viewsWarwickHunt

Americans and Bob in particular. on 22:23 - Nov 28 by exiledclaseboy

Silly me! I was obviously confusing a passport with a CV.

Have those pom-poms arrived yet?
Americans and Bob in particular. on 04:16 - Nov 29 with 2496 viewsphact0rri

Honestly, I do think Bruce Arena has a more of the fergie-mentality and probably would do well in the championship or the like. Will be interesting to see what he'll do with the US national side. Though I hope there's less hoof ball than he set up with, for the LA Galaxy matches I've seen.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Americans and Bob in particular. on 06:39 - Nov 29 with 2432 viewsjack247

He has taken a lot of unjustified, puerile, stereotypical shit about his nationality. I think it's helped him though as it's deflected a lot of the shit he does deserve about his managerial ability.

Saying games pass him by as he stands there hands in pockets is a valid and serious criticism. A lot of people don't choose to do that though, they would rather call him Boob Badly and make references to soccer and rosters and overtime. If he was any other nationality, he would get less superfluous rubbish but more genuine criticism
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024