Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liverpool Ban that Disgraceful Rag "The Sun" 17:37 - Feb 10 with 4264 viewsSTID2017

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-38933817
Should have happened in 1989

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Liverpool Ban that Disgraceful Rag "The Sun" on 17:39 - Feb 10 with 2843 viewsDafyddHuw

I thought they already did.
Liverpool Ban that Disgraceful Rag "The Sun" on 17:41 - Feb 10 with 2833 viewsSTID2017

Liverpool Ban that Disgraceful Rag "The Sun" on 17:39 - Feb 10 by DafyddHuw

I thought they already did.

Apparently not

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Liverpool Ban that Disgraceful Rag "The Sun" on 17:52 - Feb 10 with 2801 viewsnice_to_michu

It's a pretty awful newspaper.
Liverpool Ban that Disgraceful Rag "The Sun" on 17:57 - Feb 10 with 2776 viewsDarran

Why'd it take so long?

Serious question.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Liverpool Ban that Disgraceful Rag "The Sun" on 18:19 - Feb 10 with 2719 viewsDewi1jack

Liverpool Ban that Disgraceful Rag "The Sun" on 17:52 - Feb 10 by nice_to_michu

It's a pretty awful newspaper.

That's such a beautiful understatement
You're obviously a person who tries to see the best in everything and everyone.

Very debatable it's a newspaper.
And it aspires to be pretty awful.

Really thought the Mickeys had banned that rag years ago

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Liverpool Ban that Disgraceful Rag on 18:22 - Feb 10 with 2705 viewsblueytheblue

Maybe Chelsea will ban Liverpool fans from attending games.

After all, it was the then Liverpool chairman and a councillor ( believe he headed one of the Hillsborough groups? ) who claimed the hooligans at Heysel weren't Liverpool fans - stating they were Chelsea fans - skinheads with cockney accents.

Maybe not.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2017 18:33]

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Liverpool Ban that Disgraceful Rag "The Sun" on 18:29 - Feb 10 with 2672 viewsFireboy

Perch will confirm that the horrible excuse for a newspaper has hardly been read in Liverpool since that story was run
Liverpool Ban that Disgraceful Rag "The Sun" on 18:36 - Feb 10 with 2653 viewsblueytheblue

What the Sun printed at the time was reprehensible - hindsight shows that. Culpability lies with the police who cynically fed the Sun lies to feed the narrative the police weren't at fault. Culpability lies with the Sun for not fully investigating the police claims and for the sensationalist coverage.

Banning the Sun now though? What is the point? The generation of journalists at the Sun now aren't those who perpetuated the police lies. It comes off as petty and vindictive - there would have been more validity to banning them earlier.

Login to get fewer ads

Liverpool Ban that Disgraceful Rag "The Sun" on 18:50 - Feb 10 with 2606 viewsLoyal

Liverpool Ban that Disgraceful Rag "The Sun" on 17:57 - Feb 10 by Darran

Why'd it take so long?

Serious question.

They spent such a long time moaning they forgot .... ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Liverpool Ban that Disgraceful Rag "The Sun" on 18:57 - Feb 10 with 2570 viewsFlashberryjack

Liverpool Ban that Disgraceful Rag "The Sun" on 18:36 - Feb 10 by blueytheblue

What the Sun printed at the time was reprehensible - hindsight shows that. Culpability lies with the police who cynically fed the Sun lies to feed the narrative the police weren't at fault. Culpability lies with the Sun for not fully investigating the police claims and for the sensationalist coverage.

Banning the Sun now though? What is the point? The generation of journalists at the Sun now aren't those who perpetuated the police lies. It comes off as petty and vindictive - there would have been more validity to banning them earlier.

I think we all agree that the Sun prints lies......the problem is that some people believe the paper they read doesn't.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Liverpool Ban that Disgraceful Rag "The Sun" on 19:11 - Feb 10 with 2528 viewssherpajacob

I think they've just banned sun journalists from the ground.
It will make no difference they'll just hack the reports of the other journalists.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Liverpool Ban that Disgraceful Rag "The Sun" on 20:11 - Feb 10 with 2438 viewsexiledclaseboy

On a related note.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/feb/10/ukip-leader-paul-nuttall-denies

Poll: Tory leader

Liverpool Ban that Disgraceful Rag on 20:12 - Feb 10 with 2432 viewsDarran

Liverpool Ban that Disgraceful Rag "The Sun" on 20:11 - Feb 10 by exiledclaseboy

On a related note.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/feb/10/ukip-leader-paul-nuttall-denies

Apparently he played in the same team as Lee Trundle in their younger days too.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2017 20:13]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Liverpool Ban that Disgraceful Rag "The Sun" on 20:47 - Feb 10 with 2353 viewsSnakePlissken

If you are going to ban the sun, then you need to ban the mirror the star the sport, and every other red top papper
Liverpool Ban that Disgraceful Rag "The Sun" on 20:47 - Feb 10 with 2354 viewsSoberBaker

Liverpool Ban that Disgraceful Rag "The Sun" on 19:11 - Feb 10 by sherpajacob

I think they've just banned sun journalists from the ground.
It will make no difference they'll just hack the reports of the other journalists.

Murdoch won't be happy, though.

He'll be going after anyone within the club now that has been up to no good and exposing them.

Expect to see the Stevie G's lovechild story on the news stands this year 👍

AMOW

Liverpool Ban that Disgraceful Rag "The Sun" on 21:07 - Feb 10 with 2310 viewsJack_Kass

Bit stupid over 25 years later, how many of the journals/editors who were guilty of that slander at the time, remain there today? What purpose does this ban serve in 2017?

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Liverpool Ban that Disgraceful Rag "The Sun" on 21:12 - Feb 10 with 2290 viewsGowerjack

Liverpool Ban that Disgraceful Rag "The Sun" on 17:57 - Feb 10 by Darran

Why'd it take so long?

Serious question.

Yep.

28 years later.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Liverpool Ban that Disgraceful Rag "The Sun" on 21:15 - Feb 10 with 2278 viewsblueytheblue

Liverpool Ban that Disgraceful Rag "The Sun" on 20:47 - Feb 10 by SoberBaker

Murdoch won't be happy, though.

He'll be going after anyone within the club now that has been up to no good and exposing them.

Expect to see the Stevie G's lovechild story on the news stands this year 👍

That's ok.

Liverpool can then refuse Sky access to televise games and reject the TV money Sky provide as a result.

Oh.

Liverpool Ban that Disgraceful Rag "The Sun" on 21:19 - Feb 10 with 2272 viewstheloneranger

Liverpool Ban that Disgraceful Rag "The Sun" on 21:12 - Feb 10 by Gowerjack

Yep.

28 years later.

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2012/sep/13/boris-johnson-apologises-hillsb

Everybody forgets the lies that big shite Boris Johnson wrote about the tragedy

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Liverpool Ban that Disgraceful Rag "The Sun" on 21:44 - Feb 10 with 2215 viewsblueytheblue

Liverpool Ban that Disgraceful Rag "The Sun" on 21:19 - Feb 10 by theloneranger

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2012/sep/13/boris-johnson-apologises-hillsb

Everybody forgets the lies that big shite Boris Johnson wrote about the tragedy

He didn't write it. RTFA.

Responsible for allowing it to be published as editor, sure.

Liverpool Ban that Disgraceful Rag "The Sun" on 22:08 - Feb 10 with 2160 viewstheloneranger

Liverpool Ban that Disgraceful Rag "The Sun" on 21:44 - Feb 10 by blueytheblue

He didn't write it. RTFA.

Responsible for allowing it to be published as editor, sure.

I read the article and Boris asked the reporter to draft the article, and as the editor had full input, He's as guilty as if he wrote it himself.

Plus at the time his motormouth also blamed the Liverpool supporters for the tragedy

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Liverpool Ban that Disgraceful Rag "The Sun" on 22:13 - Feb 10 with 2149 viewsblueytheblue

Liverpool Ban that Disgraceful Rag "The Sun" on 22:08 - Feb 10 by theloneranger

I read the article and Boris asked the reporter to draft the article, and as the editor had full input, He's as guilty as if he wrote it himself.

Plus at the time his motormouth also blamed the Liverpool supporters for the tragedy

Heffer drafted it, sure. Culpable for allowing it to be published, sure.

Yes, he did wrongly blame Liverpool supporters to it.

Then again, Liverpool chairman John Smith blamed Chelsea fans for Heysel as did local councillors.

Do they deserve as much vitriole?

Liverpool Ban that Disgraceful Rag "The Sun" on 22:23 - Feb 10 with 2130 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Question - do you buy , support the sun .?

Answer - no

Answer - yes , your a c@nt ,& I might add , of the highest order .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Liverpool Ban that Disgraceful Rag "The Sun" on 23:40 - Feb 10 with 2061 viewsLoyal

Liverpool Ban that Disgraceful Rag "The Sun" on 20:47 - Feb 10 by SnakePlissken

If you are going to ban the sun, then you need to ban the mirror the star the sport, and every other red top papper

If Liverpool FC really want to be considered a serious community club reflecting all that they state they represent. Their compassion, feeling, belief and forgiveness then they should stop their hate, stop their repetitive mundane vitriol and start realising that times change, people change, lives change and forgiveness is the real end game

This is clearly a club that cannot embrace anything other than repetitive hatred which in turn fails to embrace the real victims - the people whose lives were tegaidally destroyed that day. Their constant ramblings and hatred constantly reinforces the bereavement of those families, does nothing to help them and forces them further in to their circle of misery.

The biggest problem is their constant desire to blame, get even and destroy people without any thought for the families of those they attack and without any compassion or feeling to the further destruction they achieve through their constant hatred. This is an infectious hate, a disgusting wheel of self that constantly deflects from any sort of healing they should be offering these families. ( from both sides and these are the sides they as a club have made and continued to feed and use to their own ends )

For me, and for others I know they are disgusted in much that Liverpool FC has become. Sanctioning racism and allowing a tortured old man who knows nothing of life or meaning to represent them on national TV ( Daglish )! And this announcement years and years later disgusts me, they have no heart and no soul just the desire to hate and for that reason alone they are the real enemy. A bleating city that purports to have a beating heart, a heart that survives on hatred, division and never once has ever muttered a single word of forgiveness or compassion to end the grief to support the bereaved or help the affected.

Some people and communities thrive on hatred, and Liverpool FC for me is just that. They can't move on because they won't move on, it doesn't suit them, never has and never will. Hillsbourough has given them all the excuses these elements need to promote hatred, division and personal agenda.

They disgust me.
Seriously, I hope they always walk alone.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Liverpool Ban that Disgraceful Rag "The Sun" on 00:14 - Feb 11 with 2013 viewsepaul

Liverpool Ban that Disgraceful Rag "The Sun" on 22:23 - Feb 10 by oh_tommy_tommy

Question - do you buy , support the sun .?

Answer - no

Answer - yes , your a c@nt ,& I might add , of the highest order .

Some of the responses are unbelievable, this is the Scum ffs the scummiest most rottenest rag in print, Yes Loserpool has got much wrong but what the Scum did re Hillsborough is forever unforgivable

McKenzie et all should be strung up

Put it this way, if I was having a crap and there was no loo paper and a copy of the scum there, I'd take my socks off!!!!

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024