Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spurs Chartered Football Special Train In Association with Thomas Cook 12:21 - Apr 4 with 2359 viewsjackharris

Twenty pounds sounds fab, however, with the train being a 'dry' train there and back it is not so appealing.

A carriage from the football special Spurs had to Liverpool recently, ancient but looks posh and rather comfortable?

Here is the itinerary for the trip...
The train will depart London Euston at 1.15pm, Wednesday 5th April.
Scheduled to arrive at Port Talbot Parkway Station at 5.25pm, coaches will be laid on to transfer fans to the Liberty and back Port Talbot after the game.

The train is scheduled to leave Port Talbot Parkway at 11.30pm and scheduled to arrive back at London Euston at 4am! OMG, rather them than me.

A Football Special from the 1960's carrying Spurs Fans, and police with menacing police dogs.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2017 17:22]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Spurs Chartered Football Special Train In Association with Thomas Cook on 15:11 - Apr 4 with 2234 viewsEasternJack

Great initiative.

Any indication if this is subsidised by Spurs of are they making a profit on it?

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Spurs Chartered Football Special Train In Association with Thomas Cook on 15:16 - Apr 4 with 2222 viewsWarwickHunt

They've replaced the lightbulbs.

Happy days.
Spurs Chartered Football Special Train In Association with Thomas Cook on 15:22 - Apr 4 with 2206 viewsAl_Bundy

Our special trains never had windows in when we returned from matches. once the glass was smashed we had orange curtains drawn. Can you imagine that happening today? Fans in carriages with broken glass and just curtains protecting you while the train does 90pmh
Spurs Chartered Football Special Train In Association with Thomas Cook on 15:30 - Apr 4 with 2188 viewsWarwickHunt

Spurs Chartered Football Special Train In Association with Thomas Cook on 15:22 - Apr 4 by Al_Bundy

Our special trains never had windows in when we returned from matches. once the glass was smashed we had orange curtains drawn. Can you imagine that happening today? Fans in carriages with broken glass and just curtains protecting you while the train does 90pmh

*sheds a nostalgic tear*
Spurs Chartered Football Special Train In Association with Thomas Cook on 17:16 - Apr 4 with 2086 viewsjackharris

Spurs Chartered Football Special Train In Association with Thomas Cook on 15:11 - Apr 4 by EasternJack

Great initiative.

Any indication if this is subsidised by Spurs of are they making a profit on it?

Both train travel or coach travel to the match being subsidised at £20 each by Spurs (I would assume)

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.

Spurs Chartered Football Special Train In Association with Thomas Cook on 17:28 - Apr 4 with 2063 viewsJackFish

"The train is scheduled to leave Port Talbot Parkway at 11.30pm and scheduled to arrive back at London Euston at 4am!"

On what planet does it take a train four and a half hours to get from Port Talbot to London??
Spurs Chartered Football Special Train In Association with Thomas Cook on 18:05 - Apr 4 with 1999 viewsjackharris

Spurs Chartered Football Special Train In Association with Thomas Cook on 17:28 - Apr 4 by JackFish

"The train is scheduled to leave Port Talbot Parkway at 11.30pm and scheduled to arrive back at London Euston at 4am!"

On what planet does it take a train four and a half hours to get from Port Talbot to London??

It will have to fall into the schedule of any passenger trains still running that late and the significant amount of freight trains that run at that time. I would gues it will also be diverted Before Bristol Parkway towards the outskirts of Bristol Templ Meads, through Bath, Chippenham and back onto the Swindon line to London. At Acton it will take a left and use some freight routes to get itself onto the the Track that leads into London Euston.

Spurs Chartered Football Special Train In Association with Thomas Cook on 18:20 - Apr 4 with 1965 viewsOldjack

Dry my arse no chance

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Login to get fewer ads

Spurs Chartered Football Special Train In Association with Thomas Cook on 19:18 - Apr 4 with 1911 viewsmarchamjack

and the police would come round when we got to the Cardiff area and tell us to pull the blinds down/draw the curtains and stay away from the windows . Yes, simpler times.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Spurs Chartered Football Special Train In Association with Thomas Cook on 12:50 - Apr 5 with 1672 viewsjackharris

Thirty minutes until departure. Time to get a a few jars in before the journey and sneak a few onboard.

This would be a better experience if

1) The train and line were electrified and was scheduled to leave Paddington Station at 3pm and arrive at the newly reopened Landore Parkway Station, 2hours 30minutes later(non-stop).
2) Drinks were officially allowed onboard.
3) A nice meal of say a mixed grill, burger and chips, chicken curry half and half, etc was also provided at your seat.
4) Chaz and Dave were performing in one of the carriages.

Spurs Chartered Football Special Train In Association with Thomas Cook on 13:01 - Apr 5 with 1660 viewsairedale

Spurs Chartered Football Special Train In Association with Thomas Cook on 17:28 - Apr 4 by JackFish

Planet Swans.
Spurs Chartered Football Special Train In Association with Thomas Cook on 13:03 - Apr 5 with 1658 viewspencoedjack

Spurs Chartered Football Special Train In Association with Thomas Cook on 19:18 - Apr 4 by marchamjack

and the police would come round when we got to the Cardiff area and tell us to pull the blinds down/draw the curtains and stay away from the windows . Yes, simpler times.

I vaguely remember a football special to Bristol City where the double decker bus ride from the station to Ashton gate was pretty lively as well

Great incentive from Spurs but it's no real 'football special' train
Spurs Chartered Football Special Train In Association with Thomas Cook on 13:28 - Apr 5 with 1625 viewsNeathJack

Spurs Chartered Football Special Train In Association with Thomas Cook on 18:20 - Apr 4 by Oldjack

Dry my arse no chance

Probably not something you should be sharing on a public forum.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024