Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
White Hart Lane 23:23 - May 14 with 1338 viewsPrivate_Partz

All this fuss about playing the last game there.
Surely if the pitch is only moving half a length then it is a ground development not a movement? For me it is still WHL with four new stands. Similar to Deepdale.
Much ado about nothing, albeit zillions are being spent.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

White Hart Lane on 23:26 - May 14 with 1322 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

White Hart Lane on 23:30 - May 14 with 1310 viewsPrivate_Partz

White Hart Lane on 23:26 - May 14 by Darran

I am only making a comment. I am not going to lose sleep over it ;-)
They are still w@nkimg over it on MOTD now.....

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

White Hart Lane on 23:37 - May 14 with 1283 viewsDarran

White Hart Lane on 23:30 - May 14 by Private_Partz

I am only making a comment. I am not going to lose sleep over it ;-)
They are still w@nkimg over it on MOTD now.....

Well I'm not watching MOTD Zappa is on Sky Arts.

But I love you Partzy.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

White Hart Lane on 23:39 - May 14 with 1275 viewsPrivate_Partz

White Hart Lane on 23:37 - May 14 by Darran

Well I'm not watching MOTD Zappa is on Sky Arts.

But I love you Partzy.

Yeh you are okay as well. Enjoy FZ :-)

White Hart Lane on 23:54 - May 14 with 1240 viewsbuilthjack

We like Wembley

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

White Hart Lane on 00:04 - May 15 with 1208 viewsPrivate_Partz

White Hart Lane on 23:54 - May 14 by builthjack

We like Wembley

Bingo! Wembley is a much better example than my Deepdale one. I might do that away trip next season. God wiling we have Chelsea the following season as well.

White Hart Lane on 08:28 - May 15 with 1024 viewsswan65split

WHL is no more, ........................welcome to to................"The Heinz Beanz stadium"
White Hart Lane on 08:37 - May 15 with 994 viewsPrivate_Partz

White Hart Lane on 08:28 - May 15 by swan65split

WHL is no more, ........................welcome to to................"The Heinz Beanz stadium"

Yeh. That is just a name change but I bet the media would still make a big fuss if the ground belonged to one of the big 7.

Login to get fewer ads

White Hart Lane on 08:45 - May 15 with 979 viewsfelixstowe_jack

It is a bit like Arkwrights brush. Three new heads two new handles but is still the "same" Brush. WHL has every stand built at least twice some of them three times.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

White Hart Lane on 08:46 - May 15 with 976 viewsraynor94

Very churlish of you Partzy, they were celebrating their history, 115 years of playing there, yes it's being redeveloped but it was a perfect opportunity to celebrate, and in fairness done with a real touch of class.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

White Hart Lane on 09:10 - May 15 with 920 viewsheadcleaner

One thing they did manage to do was send the place off with a bit of class. A lot can be learnt by studying other clubs both good and bad - on and off the pitch.
[Post edited 15 May 2017 9:21]
White Hart Lane on 09:18 - May 15 with 892 viewssherpajacob

White Hart Lane on 08:45 - May 15 by felixstowe_jack

It is a bit like Arkwrights brush. Three new heads two new handles but is still the "same" Brush. WHL has every stand built at least twice some of them three times.

Trigger

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

White Hart Lane on 09:23 - May 15 with 867 viewsPrivate_Partz

White Hart Lane on 08:46 - May 15 by raynor94

Very churlish of you Partzy, they were celebrating their history, 115 years of playing there, yes it's being redeveloped but it was a perfect opportunity to celebrate, and in fairness done with a real touch of class.

I am very churlish, and they have had 115 years of playing there. But the point I am making is they are still there. They have not moved. This is not an Arsenal, WHU, Sunderland, Bolton or Middlesborough situation. They can celebrate their history but it is not the end of and era. It is a continuation with shiney new stands and imho does not derserves all the nostalgia chucked at it.

White Hart Lane on 09:24 - May 15 with 860 viewsMrSwerve

I'd expect Spurs away will be very popular for all teams next year...I'm certainly going to do it. Be nice to see the Swans at Wembley again.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

White Hart Lane on 09:25 - May 15 with 859 viewshammy

White Hart Lane on 09:23 - May 15 by Private_Partz

I am very churlish, and they have had 115 years of playing there. But the point I am making is they are still there. They have not moved. This is not an Arsenal, WHU, Sunderland, Bolton or Middlesborough situation. They can celebrate their history but it is not the end of and era. It is a continuation with shiney new stands and imho does not derserves all the nostalgia chucked at it.

Yes, feck 'em; looking forward to giving them a hiding at Wemberley next season ;)

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

White Hart Lane on 09:31 - May 15 with 840 viewsMrSwerve

If we'd bulldozed half of the Sandfields and built the Liberty there, would it still be the Vetch to us?

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

White Hart Lane on 09:36 - May 15 with 833 viewsPrivate_Partz

White Hart Lane on 09:31 - May 15 by MrSwerve

If we'd bulldozed half of the Sandfields and built the Liberty there, would it still be the Vetch to us?

Yeh I think so. That was the intention to develope right around from the old East Stand. I doubt half of the Sandfields would have gone in the process either.
It would have been very different from upping sticks and moving miles away as we did. That truly was the end if an era.

White Hart Lane on 09:54 - May 15 with 801 viewsMeraki

This reminds me of that scene with Trigger's brush on Only Fools & Horses.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024