Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The May and Juncker meeting leaks 08:33 - May 1 with 9226 viewsKilkennyjack

May and that idiot Davis poorly briefed and unprepared.

Juncker said he left the meeting 'ten times as skeptical' as when he started it.
That went well then.

See @jeremycliffe on the Twitter.
Worth a read.

Strong and stable and clueless leadership.

Beware of the Risen People

The May and Juncker meeting leaks on 09:56 - May 1 with 3558 viewsperchrockjack

More name calling eh

You just don't do opinion do you

We could have Emily Thornbury as a foreign secretary soon, another Jez Stepford Wife

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The May and Juncker meeting leaks on 10:02 - May 1 with 3544 viewsShaky

Yup, strongly and unwaveringly deluded.

The UK Government Is Completely Deluded About Brexit
https://www.forbes.com/sites/francescoppola/2017/04/30/the-uk-government-is-comp

". . .guests then informed her that the EU is not a golf club."

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

The May and Juncker meeting leaks on 10:07 - May 1 with 3532 viewsbuilthjack

She hasn't a clue

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The May and Juncker meeting leaks on 10:10 - May 1 with 3522 viewsJack_Meoff

The May and Juncker meeting leaks on 09:56 - May 1 by perchrockjack

More name calling eh

We could have Emily Thornbury as a foreign secretary soon, another Jez Stepford Wife

Did you read the article perch? This woman is a disaster. She has zero conceivable domestic policy and is clueless when it comes to brexit. She has literally nothing other than meaningless media soundbites. 'Strong and stable' being the new 'long term economic plan.'

It would seem you are letting your hatred of Corbyn cloud your objectivity when it comes to this incompetent charlatan.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

The May and Juncker meeting leaks on 10:11 - May 1 with 3520 viewsperchrockjack

Who does?

It's time to forget party politics

Maybe not

What I do know is that this country has clearly had a brain fart and voted to leave EU which has contributed much to Wales in particular in favour of...what

We have no longer an Empire

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The May and Juncker meeting leaks on 10:15 - May 1 with 3501 viewssherpajacob

This isn't news, it's just stating the bleeding obvious.

Heseltine, Major, Clarke, Blair, Clegg amongst many others have been pointing out the many contradictions in Mays position for months.

EU officials and leaders thankfully don't read the sun, mail or express and therefore have not been brainwashed by propaganda.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

The May and Juncker meeting leaks on 10:18 - May 1 with 3498 viewsKilkennyjack

More name calling eh

My opinion is we should stay in the EU and be good, peaceful, prosperous, and inclusive Europeans.

I thought that would have been pretty clear by now.

The May and Juncker meeting leaks on 10:22 - May 1 with 3489 viewsHighjack

The May and Juncker meeting leaks on 10:18 - May 1 by Kilkennyjack

My opinion is we should stay in the EU and be good, peaceful, prosperous, and inclusive Europeans.

I thought that would have been pretty clear by now.

Should Wales stay in the UK and be good, prosperous, peaceful and inclusive Brits?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

The May and Juncker meeting leaks on 10:29 - May 1 with 3461 viewssherpajacob

More name calling eh

Name calling, "stepford wife"?

The Tories have no clear position other than, attack labour. And endlessly repeat their SS mantra.

I'm no fan of corbyn, but would welcome a coalition of common sense, maybe angus Robertson or Nick Clegg as foreign Secretary.
[Post edited 1 May 2017 10:31]

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

The May and Juncker meeting leaks on 10:45 - May 1 with 3427 viewsblueytheblue

You mean EU leak a "report" to spin their side, destabilise Britain's approach?

Boy, I'm so surprised by the people who fell for that trick...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

The May and Juncker meeting leaks on 10:47 - May 1 with 3426 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Clearly out of her depth

People will vote for this puppet

Incredible

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The May and Juncker meeting leaks on 10:55 - May 1 with 3401 viewsmagicdaps10

To the original poster.

Do you plan to come and live/return to the UK at any time?

If no then why so much interest? The irish seem to think that the UK going independent is a big joke.....the irony of it all!!!!
I have a feeling why so much interest in it nut I have yet to hear a irish resident come out and admit why.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The May and Juncker meeting leaks on 11:14 - May 1 with 3372 viewsVetchfielder

The May and Juncker meeting leaks on 10:47 - May 1 by oh_tommy_tommy

Clearly out of her depth

People will vote for this puppet

Incredible

Yes, totally out of her depth, more so than any PM in my memory.Unfortunately so are Corbyn, Farron and Leanne out of their depth too.

I wish I could vote SNP to get the best leader but I can't and I have the worse ever set of political alternatives offered to me to choose from in my voting lifetime.

Proud to have been one of the 231

The May and Juncker meeting leaks on 11:50 - May 1 with 3334 viewsKilkennyjack

The May and Juncker meeting leaks on 10:55 - May 1 by magicdaps10

To the original poster.

Do you plan to come and live/return to the UK at any time?

If no then why so much interest? The irish seem to think that the UK going independent is a big joke.....the irony of it all!!!!
I have a feeling why so much interest in it nut I have yet to hear a irish resident come out and admit why.

I have been a season ticket holder since before James Thomas scored his hat trick.
I live in Swansea.

I hope that helps.
No idea why you would ask mind ?

The May and Juncker meeting leaks on 11:53 - May 1 with 3323 viewsDarran

The May and Juncker meeting leaks on 11:50 - May 1 by Kilkennyjack

I have been a season ticket holder since before James Thomas scored his hat trick.
I live in Swansea.

I hope that helps.
No idea why you would ask mind ?

Some nosey fuçkers on here Kilk.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The May and Juncker meeting leaks on 12:15 - May 1 with 3291 viewsShaky

The May and Juncker meeting leaks on 10:45 - May 1 by blueytheblue

Destabilising Britain's approach? Of getting a better deal for Britain through strong and stable leadership negotiating a strong and stable Brexit?

Too fcuking right sunshine, sparing everybody a great deal of time, sweat and tears with the only downside that the fairytale world inhabited by the merry band of fantasist Brexiters has sadly been exposed for the sham it is.

Here's why:

Misology -- It's a bitch

The May and Juncker meeting leaks on 12:21 - May 1 with 3277 viewsShaky

And for the sake of good order, here is the other element of the Brexit fantasy exposed.

WARNING - this is not suitable reading for smug morons only able to recit vacuous slogans and stock witticisms contained in an index on 2x4 file cards.

An Unsquared Circle
In her Easter message, the Prime Minister spoke of ‘the opportunities that lie ahead’ for post-EU Britain. Neither she nor any of her Ministers have ever set out exactly what these opportunities are. Nor have they ever explained why we were unable to take them as members of the EU. Most economists remain doubtful that the value of these ‘opportunities’ will exceed the losses from our self-expulsion from the Single Market.

Be that as it may, the Government has been clear that taking these opportunities will require a ‘deep and special partnership’ with the EU. It will also demand the negotiation of an array of free trade agreements with other countries. Top of the Government’s targets for such an agreement is the United States. Hence the Prime Minister’s rather unseemly rush to be among the first to hold hands with the newly installed President.

Full piece: http://tomburke.co.uk/2017/04/24/an-unsquared-circle/

Misology -- It's a bitch

The May and Juncker meeting leaks on 12:32 - May 1 with 3265 viewsShaky

And let's just make one thing crystal clear for the fantasists on here.

Notwithstanding the fabulous deal Britain had already negotiated with the EU through 30 years of incessant whinging, it was still a net contributer to the EU.

Because the basic deal is this: the stronger countries pay in and in return get unfettered market access to weaker countries where industries are not as well developed and as a consequence are at a competitive disadvantage. In return weaker countries take out, to help them build and strive for competitiveness longer term.

Obvious examples of industries where this works to Britain's bigly yuge advantage include financial services, marketing services, and quite remarkably automobiles.

Now Thereasa may is about to screw these industries and the entire population over, because her PR consultants have portrayed her as a strong leader, and it wouldn't do at all for her to let basic realities interfere with this carefully stage managed image.

Misology -- It's a bitch

The May and Juncker meeting leaks on 12:50 - May 1 with 3239 viewsrock1n

I don't think it's a secret to say I want to stay in EU.

But this is all games, it's just a load of bollox

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

The May and Juncker meeting leaks on 13:15 - May 1 with 3218 viewsLeonWasGod

The May and Juncker meeting leaks on 10:45 - May 1 by blueytheblue

Trouble is that their words have been backed up by actions, from appointing their negotiating team by October, agreeing terms of negotiations, visiting all member states to incorporate their wishes and unanimously agreeing to their negotiating position. And all done transparently with their position openly discussed.

Meanwhile in the UK.... It took 9 months to trigger A50.. We still don't have a clear, unanimous negotiating position, and what little has been done May is determined to keep behind closed doors, the complete opposite to transparent governance.

They're making us look like amateurs.
The May and Juncker meeting leaks on 13:21 - May 1 with 3201 viewsblueytheblue

The May and Juncker meeting leaks on 13:15 - May 1 by LeonWasGod

Trouble is that their words have been backed up by actions, from appointing their negotiating team by October, agreeing terms of negotiations, visiting all member states to incorporate their wishes and unanimously agreeing to their negotiating position. And all done transparently with their position openly discussed.

Meanwhile in the UK.... It took 9 months to trigger A50.. We still don't have a clear, unanimous negotiating position, and what little has been done May is determined to keep behind closed doors, the complete opposite to transparent governance.

They're making us look like amateurs.

You can appoint anyone early. Doesn't mean a thing if their position doesn't stand up one bit.

EU's position is a simple one. They care not one bit about a "fair" Brexit. They want to punish; how dare anyone want to leave. It's utter arrogance in the higher levels of the EU echelon - one of the reasons EU has been unable to reform, one of the reasons anti-EU sentiment across Europe is on the rise.

The reality of the EU position is it's whatever Merkel wants. That can well change with national elections - so it's hardly a concrete position.

So May has kept things behind closed doors. No problem with that; when you play poker, you don't show everyone the cards you hold...

The May and Juncker meeting leaks on 13:48 - May 1 with 3165 viewsthe_oracle

The May and Juncker meeting leaks on 13:21 - May 1 by blueytheblue

You can appoint anyone early. Doesn't mean a thing if their position doesn't stand up one bit.

EU's position is a simple one. They care not one bit about a "fair" Brexit. They want to punish; how dare anyone want to leave. It's utter arrogance in the higher levels of the EU echelon - one of the reasons EU has been unable to reform, one of the reasons anti-EU sentiment across Europe is on the rise.

The reality of the EU position is it's whatever Merkel wants. That can well change with national elections - so it's hardly a concrete position.

So May has kept things behind closed doors. No problem with that; when you play poker, you don't show everyone the cards you hold...

And what cards is likely to be holding? I'd guess at 2-7 off.
The May and Juncker meeting leaks on 13:51 - May 1 with 3161 viewsblueytheblue

The May and Juncker meeting leaks on 13:48 - May 1 by the_oracle

And what cards is likely to be holding? I'd guess at 2-7 off.

A WSOP was won with that hand...

EU expect utter compliance, Britain to fold. They believe Britain will accept any deal rather than no deal.

Eu's problem is that's a short term view,. Trade with EU has declined year on year. Long term, trade deals outside EU, which we're currently "blocked" on whilst being EU members is far, far more important.

Accept short term issues for longer term gains? Absolutely.

The May and Juncker meeting leaks on 13:52 - May 1 with 3160 viewsrock1n

The May and Juncker meeting leaks on 13:21 - May 1 by blueytheblue

Utter arrogance on our part to think we could leave and expect them to bend over backwards.

It's all damage limitation, this brexit shambles will go down in post War history up there with Suez and Iraq. There is nothing to gain and a lot to lose.
[Post edited 1 May 2017 13:52]

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

The May and Juncker meeting leaks on 13:56 - May 1 with 3150 viewsrock1n

The May and Juncker meeting leaks on 13:51 - May 1 by blueytheblue

A WSOP was won with that hand...

EU expect utter compliance, Britain to fold. They believe Britain will accept any deal rather than no deal.

Eu's problem is that's a short term view,. Trade with EU has declined year on year. Long term, trade deals outside EU, which we're currently "blocked" on whilst being EU members is far, far more important.

Accept short term issues for longer term gains? Absolutely.

We can't negotiate trade 'deals' but we can TRADE as Germany has proven time and again with stonking trade surpluses.

They laugh at us on the Continent about what a fallacy all this is - given time we'd have a big trade deal with the States, China etc within EU but no good 'ol blighty we'll be alright we had an Empire.

If the States does a bespoke Trade deal with us you're kidding yourself if you think it will be on our terms. We have a phenomenal trade agreement in place which it was called being a member of the single market of which we still are and we've never had better figures on employment, business start ups you name it. Madness .
[Post edited 1 May 2017 14:03]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024