Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Best XI - Random Thoughts 22:29 - May 7 with 1702 viewsploppy

Why did it take so long this season to work out that Fede and Alfie are our best CB pairing?

It took an injury to Cork for PC to realise that Leon is fundamental to the way we play.

It didn't take PC long to work out that Narsingh shouldn't be in our starting XI.

Anyone missing Routledge?

Thankfully PC's got it sorted now - through a combination of injury and trial and error.
Our Best XI - Random Thoughts on 22:43 - May 7 with 1675 viewsKilkennyjack

Correct.

Amazing that captain Leon has not been used far more.

No offence to our midfielders like Fulton, Corky, Ki etc but there is only one Leon.

Beware of the Risen People

Our Best XI - Random Thoughts on 23:22 - May 7 with 1613 viewsjasper_T

Without the change in system Clement introduced I think these same players would still be struggling as they were for most of the season. The flat three midfield suits all our central midfielders more than the two did (since half can't defend very well and Leon hasn't got the legs to cover a wider area), and the centrebacks get much more protection than they did before.

Clement won Manager of the month with Cork instead of Leon. Has he even tried a different CB pairing (the cup game?)

Not saying this isn't our best XI, but these are all players who tried and failed earlier in the season. It took this long to figure it out because there wre multiple factors in producing these performances, and we've had other "obvious" best XIs appear over this long, frustrating season.
Our Best XI - Random Thoughts on 06:35 - May 8 with 1496 viewsjack247

I'm a big Routledge fan but no. Ayew has been quality lately brings a bit of spark to our attack and a player with that much energy and drive is a great foil for both Llorente and Siggy.

Agree on the Leon thing. I had assumed he had a long term niggling injury or something had happened behind the scenes. I like Cork and think he was one of our best players in Clements initial good run. I'm amazed we didn't try Leon sooner though.

It didn't take me long to work out Narsingh shouldn't be starting for us (though I would have said the same about Ayew a month ago), Clement is infinitely more qualified.

Agree agree about the centre backs, but Bob seemed to make 4 or 5 changes every game. That one didn't take Clement long at all.

We thought he had it sorted 10 games ago. I'm not counting chickens yet, but am reasonably confident for the next two games.
Our Best XI - Random Thoughts on 08:55 - May 8 with 1416 viewspencoedjack

Our Best XI - Random Thoughts on 06:35 - May 8 by jack247

I'm a big Routledge fan but no. Ayew has been quality lately brings a bit of spark to our attack and a player with that much energy and drive is a great foil for both Llorente and Siggy.

Agree on the Leon thing. I had assumed he had a long term niggling injury or something had happened behind the scenes. I like Cork and think he was one of our best players in Clements initial good run. I'm amazed we didn't try Leon sooner though.

It didn't take me long to work out Narsingh shouldn't be starting for us (though I would have said the same about Ayew a month ago), Clement is infinitely more qualified.

Agree agree about the centre backs, but Bob seemed to make 4 or 5 changes every game. That one didn't take Clement long at all.

We thought he had it sorted 10 games ago. I'm not counting chickens yet, but am reasonably confident for the next two games.

That will be the same Fernadez who got murdered week in week out on PS although he was playing along side a different partner every week plus had Neil 'fuking' Taylor playing at full back
Our Best XI - Random Thoughts on 09:03 - May 8 with 1395 viewsjack247

Our Best XI - Random Thoughts on 08:55 - May 8 by pencoedjack

That will be the same Fernadez who got murdered week in week out on PS although he was playing along side a different partner every week plus had Neil 'fuking' Taylor playing at full back

Did you quote the wrong post?
Our Best XI - Random Thoughts on 09:11 - May 8 with 1377 viewsPegojack

I'm not writing off Narsingh just yet, because I wasn't over impressed with Ayew at first, but he has really blossomed in the past few games.

But it's a bit worrying that another one of Huw's £5 million specials has become a bit part player so soon.
Our Best XI - Random Thoughts on 09:20 - May 8 with 1359 viewsLoyal

Our Best XI - Random Thoughts on 22:43 - May 7 by Kilkennyjack

Correct.

Amazing that captain Leon has not been used far more.

No offence to our midfielders like Fulton, Corky, Ki etc but there is only one Leon.

Problem before was he didn't cut it with other formations / managers and last season he seemed off the pace, I'll have a glass of whatever he is on this season 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Our Best XI - Random Thoughts on 09:28 - May 8 with 1339 viewsperchrockjack

But Fernandez has been gash, truly shaky but Mawson s development has been incredible throughout

Taylor was a disgrace who should have gone two seasons ago

No doubt FF was terrified playing next to that jerk

That Fernandez is now a completely different player, is a blessing and make no mistake

It's been a traumatic season but it could be turned on its head

I've never known anything like it

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Login to get fewer ads

Our Best XI - Random Thoughts on 10:53 - May 8 with 1287 viewsandypitt56

Our Best XI - Random Thoughts on 08:55 - May 8 by pencoedjack

I will put my hand up and say I was wrong about Fede, He has been oustanding recently. Although I would still like us to upgrade in the summer, He is prone to a clumsy challenge. Although he isnt quite heart in your mouth like Amat is.
Our Best XI - Random Thoughts on 10:58 - May 8 with 1274 viewspencoedjack

Our Best XI - Random Thoughts on 10:53 - May 8 by andypitt56

I will put my hand up and say I was wrong about Fede, He has been oustanding recently. Although I would still like us to upgrade in the summer, He is prone to a clumsy challenge. Although he isnt quite heart in your mouth like Amat is.

Amat a totally shocking centre half

Hop he's gone in the summer
Our Best XI - Random Thoughts on 11:03 - May 8 with 1259 viewsLegend83

Our Best XI - Random Thoughts on 10:53 - May 8 by andypitt56

The key for Fede's improvement in form is the better protection he has had recently from the midfield. He was prone to sh*tting himself when the midfield had been by-passed and stepping out leaving serious space in behind.

He has also seemed to have grown a bit of steel as I haven't seen him turn his back on a shot recently...

KN FF AM MO seems to be a settled back four with a decent understanding - the exact opposite of what we had under Bradley.
Our Best XI - Random Thoughts on 11:09 - May 8 with 1247 viewspencoedjack

Our Best XI - Random Thoughts on 11:03 - May 8 by Legend83

The key for Fede's improvement in form is the better protection he has had recently from the midfield. He was prone to sh*tting himself when the midfield had been by-passed and stepping out leaving serious space in behind.

He has also seemed to have grown a bit of steel as I haven't seen him turn his back on a shot recently...

KN FF AM MO seems to be a settled back four with a decent understanding - the exact opposite of what we had under Bradley.

Your last sentence is the reason for the improvement imo.

A fixed back 4 should be the backbone of any side.

How the fuk BB was ever let anywhere near our club is totally amazing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024