Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In the Interests of political balance, UKIP manifesto - discuss 14:40 - May 25 with 804 viewssherpajacob

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/40039616

I suppose its only to be expected, with the Tories occupying UKIP ground that UKIP would lurch further to the right.

They are not shy of criticising May over police cuts.

A question for anyone who has previously voted UKIP, as Rowan Atkinson's devil says to the atheists in his welcome to hell sketch, "do you lot feel like a right bunch of nit wits now?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

In the Interests of political balance, UKIP manifesto - discuss on 14:51 - May 25 with 799 viewsLohengrin

I've got no time for Kippers, as you'd imagine, but...

* Axe tuition fees for science, technology, engineering, maths and medicine.

I've long advocated that and never encountered disagreement.

* An extra £11bn every year for the NHS and social care by 2022

Nobody would take issue with that.

There's lots more in that vein, I'm not sure what you mean when you talk about a "lurch further to the right?"

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

In the Interests of political balance, UKIP manifesto - discuss on 14:55 - May 25 with 787 viewsblueytheblue

In the Interests of political balance, UKIP manifesto - discuss on 14:51 - May 25 by Lohengrin

There's lots more in that vein, I'm not sure what you mean when you talk about a "lurch further to the right?"

Axe those tuition fees, you then find everyone goes for those courses. Getting a degree is the main thing for most employers, subject not important. I've known programmers with Music degrees...

What's needed is an acceptance of most that not everyone needs to go to Uni. What's the point of a degree if you're in a saturated job market with others with similar degrees? The drive to push as many as possible through Uni has led to people with degrees ultimately worthless...

Successive regimes has pushed the mantra that Uni is the be all and end all. It isn't. Vocational based qualifications are far more relevant to a large number of those currently going to Uni.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

In the Interests of political balance, UKIP manifesto - discuss on 15:01 - May 25 with 776 viewsBatterseajack

In the Interests of political balance, UKIP manifesto - discuss on 14:51 - May 25 by Lohengrin

Take away the veil ban, that manifesto is about as left wing as it gets in this country.

Maybe they're secretly targeting labor seats to further weaken them and keep the Tories in power.
In the Interests of political balance, UKIP manifesto - discuss on 15:04 - May 25 with 772 viewsLohengrin

In the Interests of political balance, UKIP manifesto - discuss on 14:55 - May 25 by blueytheblue

Axe those tuition fees, you then find everyone goes for those courses. Getting a degree is the main thing for most employers, subject not important. I've known programmers with Music degrees...

What's needed is an acceptance of most that not everyone needs to go to Uni. What's the point of a degree if you're in a saturated job market with others with similar degrees? The drive to push as many as possible through Uni has led to people with degrees ultimately worthless...

Successive regimes has pushed the mantra that Uni is the be all and end all. It isn't. Vocational based qualifications are far more relevant to a large number of those currently going to Uni.

I don't think for one second that those who opt for 'sociology' or 'meejah studies' now would be remotely capable of reading for a degree in any of the disciplines ring-fenced tomorrow. I just don't anticipate a stampede.

I agree with you entirely about the importance of vocational qualifications. Any sensible government would already be advancing in that direction along with the reintroduction of proper, indentured trade apprenticeships.

In the Interests of political balance, UKIP manifesto - discuss on 15:05 - May 25 with 770 viewsBatterseajack

In the Interests of political balance, UKIP manifesto - discuss on 14:55 - May 25 by blueytheblue

Bluey, you'll find that a university degree up to masters level is essential for industries
concerning science, technology, engineering, maths and medicine. Speaking from an engineering perspective here, yes you can learn on the job as an apprentice to a degree, but the depth of knowledge you learn on these subjects is usually only gained through studying at uni.
In the Interests of political balance, UKIP manifesto - discuss on 15:06 - May 25 with 768 viewsLohengrin

In the Interests of political balance, UKIP manifesto - discuss on 15:01 - May 25 by Batterseajack

Take away the veil ban, that manifesto is about as left wing as it gets in this country.

Maybe they're secretly targeting labor seats to further weaken them and keep the Tories in power.

Labour has destroyed itself, it didn't need any external pressures to do a thorough job of that.

In the Interests of political balance, UKIP manifesto - discuss on 15:35 - May 25 with 740 viewsyescomeon

Independence day, pmsl. Some decent stuff in there, tbf. Still wouldn't vote for them.

Upthecity!

In the Interests of political balance, UKIP manifesto - discuss on 15:42 - May 25 with 731 viewsLeonWasGod

I imagine UKIPpers feel very smug now. Job done innit. Or nearly done, subject to May not fecking it up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024