Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who'd take 8th this season 10:38 - Aug 14 with 1368 viewsDarran

If only it was about pre-season friendlies eh?

WTF has Jenkins (the Board) done? by _ 9 Aug 2014 18:12
First things first, this is very much purposefully an over-reacting post.

Secondly and perhaps the most important thing. Monk needs to cut out this air of arrogance he's coming across with. The way he talked about getting back to the Swansea way and pretty much disrespecting Laudrup in the process is starting to make him look a bit silly, naive and out of his depth.

WTF is this 442 nonsense? WTF is Gylfi doing out on the right, but not just for half hour when it was clear to everyone it wasn't working, but no, for the whole game?

It's a bit much to expect a lot from Garry though, you know, a player without Premier League management experience and as it goes without any Premier League playing experience. The arrogance of the Board in appointing him is not just risky, it's pretty baffling really.

We've got one week to sort things out, there's an awful lot to do in that time coming off the back of the only friendly game I can ever remember where the team was boo'd off... And in fairness they deserved to be, or at least Monk did.

Pick the bones out of that.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Who'd take 8th this season on 11:46 - Aug 14 with 1301 viewsMo_Wives

Is this why you were looking for the search bar?

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Who'd take 8th this season on 12:19 - Aug 14 with 1230 viewsjack247

You can criticise Res all you like, he quite often brings it on himself, but there was nothing wrong with that post.

We used to have an easy on the eye, fluid style, that crucially worked with players that had intelligence and work rate, but weren't deemed good enough by other Prem clubs. Britton, Rangel, Dyer, Routledge etc. even the likes of Bony have gone away and struggled, but suited us perfectly. It was what allowed us to punch above our weight on a lower budget.

Garry Monk ended that era quickly and decisively. An 8th place finish doesn't change that.
Who'd take 8th this season on 12:28 - Aug 14 with 1205 views34dfgdf54

Who'd take 8th this season on 12:19 - Aug 14 by jack247

You can criticise Res all you like, he quite often brings it on himself, but there was nothing wrong with that post.

We used to have an easy on the eye, fluid style, that crucially worked with players that had intelligence and work rate, but weren't deemed good enough by other Prem clubs. Britton, Rangel, Dyer, Routledge etc. even the likes of Bony have gone away and struggled, but suited us perfectly. It was what allowed us to punch above our weight on a lower budget.

Garry Monk ended that era quickly and decisively. An 8th place finish doesn't change that.

Very well said.

You could argue that we still haven't recovered from Monk's reign. Changed everything.
Who'd take 8th this season on 12:35 - Aug 14 with 1182 viewsDarran

It's not about Monks reign FFS it's about basing your whole season on a pre-season friendly like the dopey twàt did last weekend.

Fair play mind there's some thick fuçkers on here.

Who'd take 8th this season on 12:43 - Aug 14 with 1153 viewsMrSwerve

I know I'm probably in the minority but I couldn't give a f*ck how we played if we were finishing 6th-8th every year.

Obviously I'd rather achieve that with passing football but it's the results that count.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Who'd take 8th this season on 12:44 - Aug 14 with 1149 views34dfgdf54

Who'd take 8th this season on 12:35 - Aug 14 by Darran

It's not about Monks reign FFS it's about basing your whole season on a pre-season friendly like the dopey twàt did last weekend.

F*ck off Darran surprised you wasn't waiting by the tunnel for him last week at Tatey's testimonial to nosh him off.

Guy was a disaster. Fact.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2017 13:00]
Who'd take 8th this season on 12:45 - Aug 14 with 1138 viewsjack247

Who'd take 8th this season on 12:35 - Aug 14 by Darran

You trawled back 3 years and even had to ask how to search for a post, just to make the point that pre season friendlies don't matter?

The content of his post was sadly prophetic.
Who'd take 8th this season on 12:49 - Aug 14 with 1119 viewsjack247

Who'd take 8th this season on 12:43 - Aug 14 by MrSwerve

I know I'm probably in the minority but I couldn't give a f*ck how we played if we were finishing 6th-8th every year.

Obviously I'd rather achieve that with passing football but it's the results that count.

The point is, you can't finish 6-8th every year playing identikit lower mid table football unless you have the funds to buy the players who are best at it.

When we had a footballing ethos, we could bring in players on the cheap, because they suited the way we played and no one else wanted them. As soon as you start playing like other teams, you start competing for players with them and finances come more into play.
Login to get fewer ads

Who'd take 8th this season on 13:13 - Aug 14 with 1044 viewsDarran

Who'd take 8th this season on 12:44 - Aug 14 by 34dfgdf54

F*ck off Darran surprised you wasn't waiting by the tunnel for him last week at Tatey's testimonial to nosh him off.

Guy was a disaster. Fact.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2017 13:00]

I wasn't there sorry I'm not a fan boy like you.

Who'd take 8th this season on 13:24 - Aug 14 with 1002 viewsswanforthemoney

Who'd take 8th this season on 12:49 - Aug 14 by jack247

The point is, you can't finish 6-8th every year playing identikit lower mid table football unless you have the funds to buy the players who are best at it.

When we had a footballing ethos, we could bring in players on the cheap, because they suited the way we played and no one else wanted them. As soon as you start playing like other teams, you start competing for players with them and finances come more into play.

What you say is true to an extent. I would point out, though that the game has changed since we first arrived in the Premier League, with more clubs playing a relentless pressing game, the days of us being able to pass it around, at will, have gone.

I stand in the North Stand

Who'd take 8th this season on 13:52 - Aug 14 with 935 viewsSwans777

Who'd take 8th this season on 13:24 - Aug 14 by swanforthemoney

What you say is true to an extent. I would point out, though that the game has changed since we first arrived in the Premier League, with more clubs playing a relentless pressing game, the days of us being able to pass it around, at will, have gone.

100 % spot on.
Just take a look at the way Southampton played on Saturday. Relentless pressing , never giving us anytime on the ball, also they wanted to get the ball into the danger areas very quickly, as opposed to Swansea, trying to pass it around, very slowly, compared to Southampton.

The game is evolving every season, what suited one season, may not be right for another season.
And that is the formula to a successful season, being able to constantly evolve tactics and bring in players , who can play the system you want.
Who'd take 8th this season on 14:20 - Aug 14 with 892 viewsTheResurrection

Who'd take 8th this season on 13:52 - Aug 14 by Swans777

100 % spot on.
Just take a look at the way Southampton played on Saturday. Relentless pressing , never giving us anytime on the ball, also they wanted to get the ball into the danger areas very quickly, as opposed to Swansea, trying to pass it around, very slowly, compared to Southampton.

The game is evolving every season, what suited one season, may not be right for another season.
And that is the formula to a successful season, being able to constantly evolve tactics and bring in players , who can play the system you want.

You're both wrong but at least you tried....

Teams can press all their like, it's how you deal with that. They pressed under Rodgers and Laudrup. Infact Rodgers would take the blame when it didn't come off and we looked a bit silly.

Difference thesedays is not other teams, it's us.

We once had the players to do it, Now we haven't. Although the chance Tammy missed showed we can still have a crack at it here and there.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Who'd take 8th this season on 14:24 - Aug 14 with 879 viewsTheResurrection

Hideous thread by the way.

The OP mines new depths of sadness and bitterness daily.

Total cūnt.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Who'd take 8th this season on 14:28 - Aug 14 with 868 viewsmax936

Who'd take 8th this season on 11:46 - Aug 14 by Mo_Wives

Is this why you were looking for the search bar?

He loves it, you rarely read anything constructive from him, but he loves digging up stuff that folk have written in the past, hindsight is wonderful innit.
Probably dig me out now as well for somin if he can find the search bar again the great big moby that he is

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Who'd take 8th this season on 14:28 - Aug 14 with 866 views34dfgdf54

Who'd take 8th this season on 14:20 - Aug 14 by TheResurrection

Teams can press all their like, it's how you deal with that. They pressed under Rodgers and Laudrup. Infact Rodgers would take the blame when it didn't come off and we looked a bit silly.

We once had the players to do it, Now we haven't. Although the chance Tammy missed showed we can still have a crack at it here and there.

Correct.

We had players who were comfortable on the ball, even under pressure. Rangel got done with Giggs at home to United and Rodgers took the blame immediately after, no one was on his case.
Who'd take 8th this season on 14:34 - Aug 14 with 847 viewsTheResurrection

Who'd take 8th this season on 14:28 - Aug 14 by max936

He loves it, you rarely read anything constructive from him, but he loves digging up stuff that folk have written in the past, hindsight is wonderful innit.
Probably dig me out now as well for somin if he can find the search bar again the great big moby that he is

Let's hope he finds his tiny cock in his quest for the search bar and being the saddest cûnt on here......

Who'd take 8th this season on 14:47 - Aug 14 with 824 viewsDarran

Who'd take 8th this season on 14:34 - Aug 14 by TheResurrection

Let's hope he finds his tiny cock in his quest for the search bar and being the saddest cûnt on here......

How are Siggy and Llorente doing? Fuçking idiot.

Who'd take 8th this season on 14:59 - Aug 14 with 792 viewsSwans777

Who'd take 8th this season on 14:20 - Aug 14 by TheResurrection

Nonsense, old chap.
The way Southampton pressed Swansea on Saturday, was definitely up a notch from anything we experienced under Rodgers or Laudrup.

Of course it's us , simply way behind a team like Southampton. I don't know if you saw the game on Saturday, but 9 times out of 10 we'd have lost that match.
Who'd take 8th this season on 15:02 - Aug 14 with 784 viewsDarran

Who'd take 8th this season on 14:59 - Aug 14 by Swans777

Nonsense, old chap.
The way Southampton pressed Swansea on Saturday, was definitely up a notch from anything we experienced under Rodgers or Laudrup.

Of course it's us , simply way behind a team like Southampton. I don't know if you saw the game on Saturday, but 9 times out of 10 we'd have lost that match.

Don't bother my Friend I've actually seen it said on here by people that they'd rather see us play pretty football and lose.

Who'd take 8th this season on 15:13 - Aug 14 with 763 viewsSwans777

Who'd take 8th this season on 14:28 - Aug 14 by 34dfgdf54

Correct.

We had players who were comfortable on the ball, even under pressure. Rangel got done with Giggs at home to United and Rodgers took the blame immediately after, no one was on his case.

That's nonsense as well, Rangel should have cleared that ball instead of trying to play it out.
That had nothing to do with Utd pressing and more to do with Rodgers wanting to play football no matter what.
Who'd take 8th this season on 15:15 - Aug 14 with 755 viewsSwans777

Who'd take 8th this season on 15:02 - Aug 14 by Darran

Don't bother my Friend I've actually seen it said on here by people that they'd rather see us play pretty football and lose.

Well, I don't take him seriously anyway, someone who thinks we should have sold Llorente and Siggy in January, deserves to be laughed at, old chap.
Who'd take 8th this season on 15:38 - Aug 14 with 714 viewsDarran

Who'd take 8th this season on 15:15 - Aug 14 by Swans777

Well, I don't take him seriously anyway, someone who thinks we should have sold Llorente and Siggy in January, deserves to be laughed at, old chap.

I tend to agree chum.

Who'd take 8th this season on 17:06 - Aug 14 with 645 viewsTheResurrection

Who'd take 8th this season on 14:59 - Aug 14 by Swans777

Nonsense, old chap.

The shamed poster returns.

Utterly cowardly and clueless.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024