Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Squadies/Ex-squadies 15:56 - Sep 28 with 10880 viewsswanjackal

Anybody tell me what would happen in this country both officially and in the barracks with this cadet?

http://goo.gl/vaMV7i
[Post edited 28 Sep 2017 15:57]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Squadies/Ex-squadies on 16:31 - Sep 28 with 5466 viewsDafyddHuw

If capitalism is the system that brought Trump to power, how can anyone possibly knock communism?

Anyway, what would happen to him in this country? Is it illegal for squadies not to be capitalists?
Squadies/Ex-squadies on 16:35 - Sep 28 with 5467 viewsMo_Wives

Squadies/Ex-squadies on 16:31 - Sep 28 by DafyddHuw

If capitalism is the system that brought Trump to power, how can anyone possibly knock communism?

Anyway, what would happen to him in this country? Is it illegal for squadies not to be capitalists?

Have you ever had a look at Communist leaders?

Believe me, you wouldn't be allowed to call them 'orange Hitler' on twitter...under your own name.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Squadies/Ex-squadies on 16:37 - Sep 28 with 5464 viewsswanjackal

Squadies/Ex-squadies on 16:31 - Sep 28 by DafyddHuw

No idea what would happen, why I ask.

As for the first remark, I'm definitely more capitalist leaning , and given a choice of living in either state , a capitalist state would definitely be my choice.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Squadies/Ex-squadies on 16:37 - Sep 28 with 5462 viewsMo_Wives

First thing they should do is stick the tw@t on the Communist rations...

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Squadies/Ex-squadies on 17:02 - Sep 28 with 5425 viewsMo_Wives

Squadies/Ex-squadies on 16:37 - Sep 28 by swanjackal

No idea what would happen, why I ask.

As for the first remark, I'm definitely more capitalist leaning , and given a choice of living in either state , a capitalist state would definitely be my choice.

The funny thing is, stupid Karl Marx spent his life bumming off his parents and then off Frederick Engels. When it came to the point that he had to get a job he came out with his theories. He was spot on in his criticism of Capitalism, especially at the time (his solution was shit, but that's not my point).
Stupid Karl looked around and saw an unfair world. If you were not a wealthy person or factory owner your options were limited to: Wake up before sunrise, work all day till after sundown, in highly dangerous conditions, go to sleep, wake up and do it again. If you lost an arm in the process...you were f*cked. No compensation, no unions.
What Karl wanted was a world where everybody could do a few hours work and then be free to enjoy the arts or spend time with the kids or go on Planet Swans. What his followers don't understand is this is the world we have now. Capitalism has provided it for us. We can do a few hours work, see our family, go on Planet Swans. We are not in the same predicament as the workers Karl was talking about back in the late 1800's.
I imagine if alive today, Karl may have been making money from a YouTube channel, or something...I bet he wouldn't be crying into his iPhone about how oppressed he is.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Squadies/Ex-squadies on 17:10 - Sep 28 with 5405 viewsexiledclaseboy

I’m sure the first amendment will protect his constitutional right to freedom of expression, regardless of whether you agree with the rather witless opinions he’s espousing.

Poll: Tory leader

Squadies/Ex-squadies on 17:14 - Sep 28 with 5409 viewsswanjackal

Squadies/Ex-squadies on 17:10 - Sep 28 by exiledclaseboy

I’m sure the first amendment will protect his constitutional right to freedom of expression, regardless of whether you agree with the rather witless opinions he’s espousing.

That's why I'm asking this, it seems he could be up against problems with military based rules, and could be subject to sanctions that could see him court marshalled.

Squadies/Ex-squadies on 17:18 - Sep 28 with 5391 viewsexiledclaseboy

Squadies/Ex-squadies on 17:14 - Sep 28 by swanjackal

That's why I'm asking this, it seems he could be up against problems with military based rules, and could be subject to sanctions that could see him court marshalled.

“In the land of the free, and the home of the brave”.

Login to get fewer ads

Squadies/Ex-squadies on 18:53 - Sep 28 with 5315 viewsLohengrin

Squadies/Ex-squadies on 17:14 - Sep 28 by swanjackal

I can't vouch for the US but if you were enlisting in the British Army post-WW2, and certainly up until fairly recently, once you had passed the written and physical assessment you were required to sign an undertaking that you had never been a member nor had connections with a communist organisation before you swore the oath.

If you were subsequently caught out then you'd be drummed from the service with a dishonourable discharge after having served a gaol term at Colchester, in all likelihood. I can't say as I've ever known or heard of such a thing happening, mind you.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Squadies/Ex-squadies on 18:59 - Sep 28 with 5308 viewsswanjackal

Squadies/Ex-squadies on 18:53 - Sep 28 by Lohengrin

I can't vouch for the US but if you were enlisting in the British Army post-WW2, and certainly up until fairly recently, once you had passed the written and physical assessment you were required to sign an undertaking that you had never been a member nor had connections with a communist organisation before you swore the oath.

If you were subsequently caught out then you'd be drummed from the service with a dishonourable discharge after having served a gaol term at Colchester, in all likelihood. I can't say as I've ever known or heard of such a thing happening, mind you.

Thanks, and what would the general perception be amongst his squadmates would you say?

Squadies/Ex-squadies on 19:10 - Sep 28 with 5298 viewsMo_Wives

Squadies/Ex-squadies on 18:59 - Sep 28 by swanjackal

Thanks, and what would the general perception be amongst his squadmates would you say?

They'd all just be careful not to leave their means of production lying around

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Squadies/Ex-squadies on 19:32 - Sep 28 with 5277 viewsLohengrin

Squadies/Ex-squadies on 18:59 - Sep 28 by swanjackal

That he was probably some sort of a pervert, I suppose?

Your average infantry company wasn't exactly chock-full of political sophisticates when I was in. You have to bear in mind back then all of the training, all the battle preparedness was facing East. It was the Cold War and the red was the enemy, even the targets on the range were mocked up to look like Slavs in communist uniform.

Me? I'd have probably have wanted to have talked to him about Gramsci's Prison Diaries before they cuffed him and took him away.

Squadies/Ex-squadies on 19:41 - Sep 28 with 5269 viewsswanjackal

Squadies/Ex-squadies on 19:32 - Sep 28 by Lohengrin

That he was probably some sort of a pervert, I suppose?

Your average infantry company wasn't exactly chock-full of political sophisticates when I was in. You have to bear in mind back then all of the training, all the battle preparedness was facing East. It was the Cold War and the red was the enemy, even the targets on the range were mocked up to look like Slavs in communist uniform.

Me? I'd have probably have wanted to have talked to him about Gramsci's Prison Diaries before they cuffed him and took him away.

A little more balanced than the response of my cousin's husband

Squadies/Ex-squadies on 19:44 - Sep 28 with 5263 viewsLohengrin

Squadies/Ex-squadies on 19:41 - Sep 28 by swanjackal

A little more balanced than the response of my cousin's husband

Oh! I can well imagine.

Squadies/Ex-squadies on 11:36 - Sep 29 with 5103 viewsdameedna

Gramsci Without the aid of google he was either a dwarf or a hunch back. Anyway way off topic but before the Capilalists took over sociology and its development gramsci was a key italian character. Nice set of diaries.
Squadies/Ex-squadies on 12:04 - Sep 29 with 5074 viewsexiledclaseboy

Squadies/Ex-squadies on 19:10 - Sep 28 by Mo_Wives

They'd all just be careful not to leave their means of production lying around

Oh, Mo.

Squadies/Ex-squadies on 12:24 - Sep 29 with 5054 viewstrampie

Squadies/Ex-squadies on 18:53 - Sep 28 by Lohengrin

I've heard that Rapone is the business, the best of the best, freethinking, excelled in training, served in combat and is in a much prized position within the Army.
You would expect nothing else from a commie, they make the best fighters/soldiers don't they ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Squadies/Ex-squadies on 13:01 - Sep 29 with 5017 viewsMo_Wives

Squadies/Ex-squadies on 12:24 - Sep 29 by trampie

I've heard that Rapone is the business, the best of the best, freethinking, excelled in training, served in combat and is in a much prized position within the Army.
You would expect nothing else from a commie, they make the best fighters/soldiers don't they ?

It's the advanced training techniques they use, Tramps...

"First one to the finish line gets the last potato...the rest of you go without till Thursday".

BTW, is this Rapone the Commie in the article? The dolt who just had to post his selfies on line and has now got himself into this pickle?...yeah, he seems a real bright fella

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Squadies/Ex-squadies on 17:07 - Sep 29 with 4930 viewsHighjack

Squadies/Ex-squadies on 16:37 - Sep 28 by Mo_Wives

First thing they should do is stick the tw@t on the Communist rations...

Someone appears to have dropped a pea on that plate of communist rations.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Squadies/Ex-squadies on 17:13 - Sep 29 with 4926 viewsMo_Wives

Squadies/Ex-squadies on 17:07 - Sep 29 by Highjack

Someone appears to have dropped a pea on that plate of communist rations.

That someone can be found in the gulag. Well I say 'found', but...

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Squadies/Ex-squadies on 14:32 - Sep 30 with 4822 viewsLohengrin

Squadies/Ex-squadies on 12:24 - Sep 29 by trampie

Squadies/Ex-squadies on 14:39 - Sep 30 with 4802 viewsswanjackal

Squadies/Ex-squadies on 14:32 - Sep 30 by Lohengrin

He could be right though about communist troops. If you have nothing good to live for, you have nothing to lose. Also, the thought of being able to pick through the carrion to take extra spoils back to hide from their fellow comrades, to improve their own situation, may spur them even more.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2017 14:43]

Squadies/Ex-squadies on 15:16 - Sep 30 with 4777 viewsLohengrin

Squadies/Ex-squadies on 14:39 - Sep 30 by swanjackal

He could be right though about communist troops. If you have nothing good to live for, you have nothing to lose. Also, the thought of being able to pick through the carrion to take extra spoils back to hide from their fellow comrades, to improve their own situation, may spur them even more.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2017 14:43]

There'd be no hiding anything from the Kommissar!

Squadies/Ex-squadies on 16:43 - Oct 1 with 4648 viewsjack_lord

Squadies/Ex-squadies on 17:02 - Sep 28 by Mo_Wives

The funny thing is, stupid Karl Marx spent his life bumming off his parents and then off Frederick Engels. When it came to the point that he had to get a job he came out with his theories. He was spot on in his criticism of Capitalism, especially at the time (his solution was shit, but that's not my point).
Stupid Karl looked around and saw an unfair world. If you were not a wealthy person or factory owner your options were limited to: Wake up before sunrise, work all day till after sundown, in highly dangerous conditions, go to sleep, wake up and do it again. If you lost an arm in the process...you were f*cked. No compensation, no unions.
What Karl wanted was a world where everybody could do a few hours work and then be free to enjoy the arts or spend time with the kids or go on Planet Swans. What his followers don't understand is this is the world we have now. Capitalism has provided it for us. We can do a few hours work, see our family, go on Planet Swans. We are not in the same predicament as the workers Karl was talking about back in the late 1800's.
I imagine if alive today, Karl may have been making money from a YouTube channel, or something...I bet he wouldn't be crying into his iPhone about how oppressed he is.

I think it was a variety of political ideologies that provided this world/leisure mix, not capitalism per se.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Squadies/Ex-squadies on 16:58 - Oct 1 with 4637 viewswhoflungdung

Depends on your political perspective Jase, it affects all

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024