Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now this is real music. From the 1930s. 23:05 - Oct 5 with 3235 viewsDavillin

I remember this as a very popular song on the radio from my early childhood This is the original artist, but it was covered by dozens of musicians for years.

[Don't try to keep your feet from tapping or you'll throw out your knees.]

p.s. the original title was "Flat Foot Floozie," later changed to "Flat Foot Floogie" to get past the unofficial radio censors.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Now this is real music. From the 1930s. on 23:20 - Oct 5 with 3220 viewsGaryjack

It's a yes from me Dav!
Now this is real music. From the 1930s. on 09:32 - Oct 6 with 3156 viewswhoflungdung

deep joy

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Now this is real music. From the 1930s. on 10:19 - Oct 6 with 3138 viewsLohengrin

Now this is real music. From the 1930s. on 09:32 - Oct 6 by whoflungdung

deep joy

Deeper...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Now this is real music. From the 1930s. on 13:14 - Oct 6 with 3096 viewswhoflungdung

I can just smell that Moonshine

From the Redwood forests...

Now this is real music. From the 1930s. on 14:29 - Oct 6 with 3069 viewsWarwickHunt

The original hipster who had his own Vouteroonie language.

This is straight from the fridge, daddy-o...what a talent.

Now this is real music. From the 1930s. on 14:53 - Oct 6 with 3057 viewsLohengrin

Now this is real music. From the 1930s. on 14:29 - Oct 6 by WarwickHunt

The original hipster who had his own Vouteroonie language.

This is straight from the fridge, daddy-o...what a talent.

Look at the size on those hands!!!

Now this is real music. From the 1930s. on 15:07 - Oct 6 with 3054 viewswhoflungdung

Now Im not a guy easily impressed but ,as regards warwick, that is some film .

Truly beautiful but it makes you feel for kids today and the utter dross masquerading as Musicians or Talent.

For once, a straight piece of posting so I am hoping my grammar is correct and syntax as it should be .

Warwick 's Correspondence Courses are not cheap and I'm a pensioner anyway

Now this is real music. From the 1930s. on 17:00 - Oct 6 with 3031 viewsDavillin

Now this is real music. From the 1930s. on 15:07 - Oct 6 by whoflungdung

Now Im not a guy easily impressed but ,as regards warwick, that is some film .

Truly beautiful but it makes you feel for kids today and the utter dross masquerading as Musicians or Talent.

For once, a straight piece of posting so I am hoping my grammar is correct and syntax as it should be .

Warwick 's Correspondence Courses are not cheap and I'm a pensioner anyway

How true!

This is when and why I love PlanetSwans -- when it's music time and I learn more from my poster-instructors than I did in any other part of my education.

Thanks!

Here's my contribution. The special jazz "language"/"non-language" was called "scat." Still is, I'm certain'. I now that Tony Bennett still throws it in from time to time.

Login to get fewer ads

Now this is real music. From the 1930s. on 17:08 - Oct 6 with 3026 viewsLohengrin

Now this is real music. From the 1930s. on 17:00 - Oct 6 by Davillin

How true!

This is when and why I love PlanetSwans -- when it's music time and I learn more from my poster-instructors than I did in any other part of my education.

Thanks!

Here's my contribution. The special jazz "language"/"non-language" was called "scat." Still is, I'm certain'. I now that Tony Bennett still throws it in from time to time.

The very fellow....

Now this is real music. From the 1930s. on 17:16 - Oct 6 with 3026 viewsWarwickHunt

Now this is real music. From the 1930s. on 17:00 - Oct 6 by Davillin

How true!

Thanks!

Slim was also known as McVouty.

He actually published a dictionary of his "Vout-O-Reenee". Scat was just making up noises as you went along...improvising.

https://fromtheothersideofthemirror.com/2009/04/09/the-original-hipster-dictiona

Think of him as a jazz Professor Stanley Unwin. Deep joy, oh yes.
Now this is real music. From the 1930s. on 17:59 - Oct 6 with 3005 viewsDavillin

Now this is real music. From the 1930s. on 17:16 - Oct 6 by WarwickHunt

Slim was also known as McVouty.

He actually published a dictionary of his "Vout-O-Reenee". Scat was just making up noises as you went along...improvising.

https://fromtheothersideofthemirror.com/2009/04/09/the-original-hipster-dictiona

Think of him as a jazz Professor Stanley Unwin. Deep joy, oh yes.

Thanks. That's why I descried scat as "language"/"non-language."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024