Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dundee Dock Development. 19:32 - Oct 17 with 1553 viewsPrivate_Partz

Just watched this on the One Show. They are having a one billion pound Dock redevelopment. The centrepiece is a fantastic museum built like a ships hull jutting out into the water.
Scotland has two major cities that attract major investment yet even a centre like Dundee can benefit from a massive development like this.
How can Wales with only 2 million less population only put its eggs in one Cardiff basket?
The rest of Wales is truly missing out massively. We cannot expect the equivalent of Scotland due to only having a 3 million population. However, even taking this into account, there seems a massive desparity between the two.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 20:09]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Dundee Dock Development. on 19:35 - Oct 17 with 1538 viewslondonlisa2001

Everyone I know who has experience of it, says that whenever there is a large infrastructure deal involving Scotland, the representatives of the Scottish Parliament turn up well briefed, well prepared, thoughtful, insightful and commercially focused. Whenever it involves Wales, the reverse is true and they are a shambles.
Dundee Dock Development. on 19:35 - Oct 17 with 1538 viewswhoflungdung

And Dundee about the same size of Swansea

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Dundee Dock Development. on 19:39 - Oct 17 with 1529 viewsBanosswan

Dundee Dock Development. on 19:35 - Oct 17 by whoflungdung

And Dundee about the same size of Swansea

Much smaller metropolitan area though.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Dundee Dock Development. on 19:39 - Oct 17 with 1529 viewsJackfath

Dundee Dock Development. on 19:35 - Oct 17 by londonlisa2001

Everyone I know who has experience of it, says that whenever there is a large infrastructure deal involving Scotland, the representatives of the Scottish Parliament turn up well briefed, well prepared, thoughtful, insightful and commercially focused. Whenever it involves Wales, the reverse is true and they are a shambles.

I've heard similar stories about our representatives.

Embarrassing to say the least.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Dundee Dock Development. on 19:42 - Oct 17 with 1518 viewslondonlisa2001

Dundee Dock Development. on 19:39 - Oct 17 by Jackfath

Really embarrassing.
Dundee Dock Development. on 19:42 - Oct 17 with 1518 viewsBanosswan

Dundee Dock Development. on 19:39 - Oct 17 by Jackfath

It's one of the reasons I could never support an independent Wales. We have produced some fantastic politicians, but most are useless.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Dundee Dock Development. on 19:58 - Oct 17 with 1484 viewsdickythorpe

We just don't market ourselves very well to the outside world, so it's no wonder internally we are a mess.
Get Terry Matthews to get these business regions up and running ASAP
[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 19:58]
Dundee Dock Development. on 20:07 - Oct 17 with 1466 viewsPrivate_Partz

Dundee Dock Development. on 19:35 - Oct 17 by londonlisa2001

That is interesting Lisa. It is how I imagine things are going.
I suspect it is not just incompetence though. There is not the will to develope anything outside of Cardiff and its environs.
Pre Brexit I felt we had some great opportunities for transport development being a natural gateway to Ireland. This in turn could have developed deep water ports like Milford Haven providing freight links to Western Europe and the Americas. That is also down the Swanny it seems.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 20:09]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024