Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clement on signings 14:06 - Dec 7 with 3797 viewsJoe_bradshaw

“The guys from the communications department have compiled a list of players we’ve been linked with. It’s a good list. I’ll have to look into some of those players. There’s some on that list I’ve never even heard of”

You really would have expected the manager to be involved to some extent at least in compiling the list of targets.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Clement on signings on 14:17 - Dec 7 with 3746 viewsSwanjaxs

"The guys from the communications department have compiled a list of players we been linked with. It's a good list." That'll be Huw Jenkins then 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Clement on signings on 14:22 - Dec 7 with 3735 viewsHeadmaster

I watched the video of him saying that. I think the list he's referring to is just a list of all the names we've been linked with in the media so far. Not sure why the "communications department" would compile such a list though.
Clement on signings on 14:23 - Dec 7 with 3728 viewscmajack

Just about sums our recruitment policy over the last few seasons, and why hj continually appoint weak managers that have very little input into the players signed.
Clement on signings on 14:36 - Dec 7 with 3673 viewsshelljack

Clement on signings on 14:23 - Dec 7 by cmajack

Just about sums our recruitment policy over the last few seasons, and why hj continually appoint weak managers that have very little input into the players signed.

He was taking the piss on the number of players linked to us by the media

Nothing more to it than that .

There is enough negativity about to last us a lifetime no need to make this something it isn’t
Clement on signings on 14:44 - Dec 7 with 3631 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Clement on signings on 14:36 - Dec 7 by shelljack

There is enough negativity about to last us a lifetime no need to make this something it isn’t

Perhaps it was subtle dig at Abraham?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Clement on signings on 14:45 - Dec 7 with 3632 viewsswan65split

hes asking to be sacked....please!!
Clement on signings on 14:45 - Dec 7 with 3632 viewsGlyn1

Exactly!

He was actually mocking journalists who come with names of players that the club has never even heard of and claim they have proof that the club is trying to buy them.

I wish our own jobs were that easy.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Clement on signings on 14:53 - Dec 7 with 3585 viewscmajack

So you don't think the last 3 managers that Jenkins has appointed are yes men that he can have control over?
Login to get fewer ads

Clement on signings on 15:21 - Dec 7 with 3488 viewsGlyn1

Clement on signings on 14:53 - Dec 7 by cmajack

So you don't think the last 3 managers that Jenkins has appointed are yes men that he can have control over?

You're trying to change the subject.

There are plenty of reasons to criticise Clement, but this isn't one of them. Do you agree?

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Clement on signings on 15:24 - Dec 7 with 3471 viewsjasper_T

I haven't seen us linked with any players I haven't heard of, and I'm not a professional football manager.
Clement on signings on 15:32 - Dec 7 with 3454 viewsshelljack

Clement on signings on 14:53 - Dec 7 by cmajack

Guidolin Bradley and Clement are or were not puppets doing everything Jenkins tells them .
Regardless of what you think of their managerial / coaching ability they simply would not of amounted to any kind of position at any level by being a yes man.

So in answer to your question and as much as I despise Jenkins and the other money grabbers
No I don’t think he as appointed yes men
Clement on signings on 16:41 - Dec 7 with 3257 viewsShonky

Clement on signings on 14:17 - Dec 7 by Swanjaxs

"The guys from the communications department have compiled a list of players we been linked with. It's a good list." That'll be Huw Jenkins then 👍

Can you even read?

Its just a ride...

Clement on signings on 17:25 - Dec 7 with 3123 viewsVetchfielder

I bet Riddick Bowe was on the list

Proud to have been one of the 231

Clement on signings on 18:46 - Dec 7 with 2955 viewsWarwickHunt

Clement on signings on 17:25 - Dec 7 by Vetchfielder

I bet Riddick Bowe was on the list

He's spunked more money than Jenkins.
Clement on signings on 19:14 - Dec 7 with 2861 viewsTheKirkyLife

Thread looking for fault. He's taking the mick.
Clement on signings on 10:48 - Dec 8 with 2460 viewsJacket

I get it he's poking fun at the amount of made up targets the Jurnos have reported on, but the actual recruitment policy is equally as ridiculous.

Signing players the manager is reluctant to play, missing out on key targets because the chairman is dicking around trying to grab bargains. If the daft cant wouldn't chuck money on players the manager hasn't asked for, he could spend a bit more freely on those he facin well has.

And that's before you come to selling key players for huge sums without lining up targets or allowing enough time to secure them. Sigurdsson could have been out the door sooner if big nose wouldn't have hanged on for an extra 2 or 3 million extra. Letting him go sooner would have been worth every penny of the extra cash he got for dithering. The dosey cant literally chose to cut his gigantic nose to spite his miserable face.

Mock the jurnos if you want, but the reality of our transfer policy is just as deserving of being mocked.
Clement on signings on 10:59 - Dec 8 with 2442 viewswhoflungdung

Surely any manager of any quality would be knocking down the chairman s door with HIS list of players . Get them Mr Chairman or I'm gone

This is where Clough,Shankly,Paisley,,Ferguson,excelled

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Clement on signings on 11:02 - Dec 8 with 2439 viewsJacket

Clement on signings on 10:59 - Dec 8 by whoflungdung

Surely any manager of any quality would be knocking down the chairman s door with HIS list of players . Get them Mr Chairman or I'm gone

This is where Clough,Shankly,Paisley,,Ferguson,excelled

To be fair he ain't bargaining from a strong position at the mo.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024