Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
City of culture result today 09:31 - Dec 7 with 8436 viewsdickythorpe

Do we get 3 points if we are chosen?

It would be nice. I'm currently on a short break up in Newark and there's a lot of history up here that visitors are made aware of.
Swansea arguably has more history than most towns or cities.
It would be nice to see it interpreted somehow around the city.

What happened to the restaurant on the boat in the marina? We need a nice maritime restaurant/bar!!!
City of culture result today on 11:17 - Dec 7 with 4524 viewsPrivate_Partz

I wish lol. Also I think you are right that the Swansea has as much historical interest as the other competitors.
It does not look good though. The bookies apparently have us as rank outsiders.
Let's face it, the bid has been very low key. Even superseding the last effort we put in.
I hope we are successful regardless as this would work perfectly in tandem with the City Centre regeneration.
I ain't holding my breath though....

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

City of culture result today on 12:00 - Dec 7 with 4488 viewsJoe_bradshaw

There was an article about this on Radio 5 live on Sunday. A Lady from Paisley was being interviewed and did a good job for her cause. At the end of the interview the presenter said good luck to her but of course, good luck to all the contenders and listed them all except Swansea.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

City of culture result today on 16:06 - Dec 7 with 4362 viewsLord_Bony

We came very close two winning four years ago but we got pipped at the Post by Hull.

Seems our council doesnt push our case enough and our voice is drowned out by the others...as a result we have no chance this time around.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

City of culture result today on 16:12 - Dec 7 with 4351 viewswestside

Coventry or Stoke then
City of culture result today on 17:05 - Dec 7 with 4293 viewslondonlisa2001

In to 2/1 second favourites behind Paisley according to Ladbrookes.
City of culture result today on 17:19 - Dec 7 with 4262 viewsJack1

City of culture result today on 17:05 - Dec 7 by londonlisa2001

You beat me to it!

Paisley 11/8, Swansea 2/1, Coventry 7/2, Sunderland 8/1 and Stoke 12/1.

Considering we were outsiders a day or 2 ago, that's quite a quick turnaround. Fingers crossed that we're announced as winners tonight.
City of culture result today on 17:20 - Dec 7 with 4259 viewsLohengrin

Imagine where we may have been if the focal point of our bid wasn't an unprincipled inebriate?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

City of culture result today on 17:39 - Dec 7 with 4237 viewslondonlisa2001

City of culture result today on 17:20 - Dec 7 by Lohengrin

Imagine where we may have been if the focal point of our bid wasn't an unprincipled inebriate?

Imagine where we (more broadly) may have been if it wasn't for the collected output of several centuries of unprincipled inebriates?

Much, much poorer I would hazard a guess.
Login to get fewer ads

City of culture result today on 17:46 - Dec 7 with 4223 viewsLohengrin

City of culture result today on 17:39 - Dec 7 by londonlisa2001

Imagine where we (more broadly) may have been if it wasn't for the collected output of several centuries of unprincipled inebriates?

Much, much poorer I would hazard a guess.

It's true after all then? Nice girls really do have a blind-spot when it comes to a wrong 'un.

City of culture result today on 17:54 - Dec 7 with 4205 viewslondonlisa2001

City of culture result today on 17:46 - Dec 7 by Lohengrin

It's true after all then? Nice girls really do have a blind-spot when it comes to a wrong 'un.

Not at all, but Swansea could hardly make a bid for city of culture while ignoring the work of a man who will be celebrated for decades and probably centuries to come.

Salzburg doesn't ignore Mozart because he was a drunk. Nor Bonn, Beethoven.Chopin is not ignored because he was addicted to opium.

You'd be hard pushed to find one of the great romantic poets who didn't spend their lives off their collective faces.
City of culture result today on 18:41 - Dec 7 with 4147 viewsLohengrin

City of culture result today on 17:54 - Dec 7 by londonlisa2001

Not at all, but Swansea could hardly make a bid for city of culture while ignoring the work of a man who will be celebrated for decades and probably centuries to come.

Salzburg doesn't ignore Mozart because he was a drunk. Nor Bonn, Beethoven.Chopin is not ignored because he was addicted to opium.

You'd be hard pushed to find one of the great romantic poets who didn't spend their lives off their collective faces.

True, Lisa, and Byron is probably the best example of what you're talking about but are you really putting Thomas in that company?

I can well remember having to study Under Milk Wood at school and having to make a real effort to try and stay concentrated on the text as all the while my brain was screaming 'dear God! this is bloody awful!'

City of culture result today on 18:43 - Dec 7 with 4138 viewsDarran

Am I the only one that’s never heard of Marc Rees? Who is he?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

City of culture result today on 18:50 - Dec 7 with 4124 viewsLohengrin

City of culture result today on 18:43 - Dec 7 by Darran

Am I the only one that’s never heard of Marc Rees? Who is he?

From the National Theatre of Wales. He's a committed, enthusiastic chap.

An excellent shout to help coordinate the bid.

City of culture result today on 18:52 - Dec 7 with 4115 viewslonglostjack

City of culture result today on 17:20 - Dec 7 by Lohengrin

I always suspected you were more the Harry Secombe type.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

City of culture result today on 18:57 - Dec 7 with 4092 viewsLohengrin

City of culture result today on 18:52 - Dec 7 by longlostjack

I always suspected you were more the Harry Secombe type.

Lance Bombardier Harry Seagoon. Late of 132 Field Regiment, Royal Artillery? What's not to like?

City of culture result today on 18:58 - Dec 7 with 4080 viewsPrivate_Partz

Damn you Lisa! I am going to watch the One Show now to be ultimately disappointed. ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

City of culture result today on 19:02 - Dec 7 with 4067 viewsLohengrin

City of culture result today on 18:58 - Dec 7 by Private_Partz

Damn you Lisa! I am going to watch the One Show now to be ultimately disappointed. ;-)

Don't give me that. We both know the Jack Russells in Christmas jumpers would have had you tuning in anyway.

City of culture result today on 19:12 - Dec 7 with 4030 viewsPrivate_Partz

City of culture result today on 19:02 - Dec 7 by Lohengrin

Don't give me that. We both know the Jack Russells in Christmas jumpers would have had you tuning in anyway.

It's Barry Bariatric and his mate tonight ;-)

City of culture result today on 19:27 - Dec 7 with 3968 viewsjack2jack

Fvck!
City of culture result today on 19:27 - Dec 7 with 3968 viewsexiledclaseboy

Coventry.

Poll: Tory leader

City of culture result today on 19:27 - Dec 7 with 3958 viewsPrivate_Partz

Ah well we can concentrate on the league

City of culture result today on 19:28 - Dec 7 with 3948 viewsJackfath

City of culture result today on 19:27 - Dec 7 by Private_Partz

Ah well we can concentrate on the league

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

City of culture result today on 19:35 - Dec 7 with 3905 viewsPrivate_Partz

City of culture result today on 19:28 - Dec 7 by Jackfath

All jokes so aside though JF it is a very uninspiring choice. Coventry has very little attraction and yet it has some of the best transport links outside of London. Stoke would have been an equally bad choice. Should have been us or Paisley.

City of culture result today on 19:37 - Dec 7 with 3895 viewsJackfath

City of culture result today on 19:35 - Dec 7 by Private_Partz

All jokes so aside though JF it is a very uninspiring choice. Coventry has very little attraction and yet it has some of the best transport links outside of London. Stoke would have been an equally bad choice. Should have been us or Paisley.

Where has it gone wrong for us again? Let's not forget we lost out before too. Surely the team behind this would have taken on board the issues from the last knock back and ensured success this time around.

It's made me feel disappointed. Let down.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

City of culture result today on 19:39 - Dec 7 with 3884 viewsjack2jack

City of culture result today on 19:35 - Dec 7 by Private_Partz

Looking at the odds earlier it was between us and Paisley,with them as slight favourites,as I said very disappointed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024