Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Americans seem remarkably similar to sloths.. 15:06 - Dec 27 with 2009 viewsSwanseaman

Their speed of thought and decision making is so slow. When quick thinking and action is required, they go into hibernation and hope everything will sort itself out..
[Post edited 27 Dec 2017 15:09]

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

The Americans seem remarkably similar to sloths.. on 15:07 - Dec 27 with 2000 viewsTheFranchise

you're Huw right?
The Americans seem remarkably similar to sloths.. on 15:10 - Dec 27 with 1988 viewsSwanseaman

lol, I think Jenkins is also quite sloth like, but seems much worse now..

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

The Americans seem remarkably similar to sloths.. on 15:38 - Dec 27 with 1931 viewsmonmouth

You are either a previous/current poster with a new/different name or a Cardiff spammer though.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Americans seem remarkably similar to sloths.. on 15:44 - Dec 27 with 1915 viewsSwanseaman

No, I joined a while ago, posted loads at the end of last season, remember... When I get really pissed off I post a lot.. check my old posts..
[Post edited 27 Dec 2017 15:46]

The Americans seem remarkably similar to sloths.. on 15:51 - Dec 27 with 1892 viewsmonmouth

The Americans seem remarkably similar to sloths.. on 15:44 - Dec 27 by Swanseaman

No, I joined a while ago, posted loads at the end of last season, remember... When I get really pissed off I post a lot.. check my old posts..
[Post edited 27 Dec 2017 15:46]

Ok, soz. This is the time, when we turn to total shit, that we get local wums and up the road emboldened tossers appearing.

The Americans seem remarkably similar to sloths.. on 16:01 - Dec 27 with 1848 viewsSwanseaman

The Americans seem remarkably similar to sloths.. on 15:51 - Dec 27 by monmouth

Ok, soz. This is the time, when we turn to total shit, that we get local wums and up the road emboldened tossers appearing.

I was there during the Neil McClure and then the Petty era. The Petty out marches and meeting at the Patti Pavilion. I remember how badly we we run back then and we now seem to have gone back like we were and have imploded, Cardiff fans I know told me it would happen, they were right...

The Americans seem remarkably similar to sloths.. on 21:27 - Dec 27 with 1667 viewsJack59

They didn't exactly spring into action in December 1941, even when they were told that dozens of Japanese zero's had crossed the Hawaiian coast and were heading for the American Fleet at Pearl Harbor.

So what chance do you think we've got of any urgent action?
The Americans seem remarkably similar to sloths.. on 21:29 - Dec 27 with 1654 viewsNeathJack

The Americans seem remarkably similar to sloths.. on 15:07 - Dec 27 by TheFranchise

you're Huw right?

Probably.

A great transfer window for us, the board and Clement did well.. by Swanseaman 1 Sep 2017 0:34
I was hoping we could get some quality new players in and improve us for this season and I'm happy. In my last post I wrote: https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/195054/paul-clement-the-players-and-next-season..

Am surprised how we managed to pull the Sanches loan off and get the better of a lot of bigger clubs. Siggy and Llorente wanted out, nothing we could do about that but I'm really pleased with the replacements. Llorente was getting on at 32 and we've replaced him with a proven goalscorer in Bony who is 4 years younger. Sigurdson I am gutted we lost him, but the money has helped us.

The board holding out for 45m from Everton, then clearing out a lot of surplus players and managing to strengthen the team. It's looking like this board is learning and showing tenacity in their dealings. We've even got a lot of cash left over to cover wage bills and for extra replacements in the January window. Good businessmen will learn, and that's what it looks like the new owners are doing. they started off not having much of a clue, bringing in a manager who wasn't up to it. Now things are on the up and they are turning things around.

At the moment I'm hoping they will stay on and not sell to anyone else, each season they can learn more and we can keep on improving. Clement has done brilliant to convince Sanches to come here, that's best transfer deal of the window imo. And nice to have Bony back if he can stay injury free, at 28 he should be at his peak and could start slamming them in again for us. Bony, Abraham and Sanches, all quality :)

Good video and pics here: https://twitter.com/SwansOfficial

Login to get fewer ads

The Americans seem remarkably similar to sloths.. on 22:03 - Dec 27 with 1612 viewsmonmouth

The Americans seem remarkably similar to sloths.. on 21:29 - Dec 27 by NeathJack

Probably.

A great transfer window for us, the board and Clement did well.. by Swanseaman 1 Sep 2017 0:34
I was hoping we could get some quality new players in and improve us for this season and I'm happy. In my last post I wrote: https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/195054/paul-clement-the-players-and-next-season..

Am surprised how we managed to pull the Sanches loan off and get the better of a lot of bigger clubs. Siggy and Llorente wanted out, nothing we could do about that but I'm really pleased with the replacements. Llorente was getting on at 32 and we've replaced him with a proven goalscorer in Bony who is 4 years younger. Sigurdson I am gutted we lost him, but the money has helped us.

The board holding out for 45m from Everton, then clearing out a lot of surplus players and managing to strengthen the team. It's looking like this board is learning and showing tenacity in their dealings. We've even got a lot of cash left over to cover wage bills and for extra replacements in the January window. Good businessmen will learn, and that's what it looks like the new owners are doing. they started off not having much of a clue, bringing in a manager who wasn't up to it. Now things are on the up and they are turning things around.

At the moment I'm hoping they will stay on and not sell to anyone else, each season they can learn more and we can keep on improving. Clement has done brilliant to convince Sanches to come here, that's best transfer deal of the window imo. And nice to have Bony back if he can stay injury free, at 28 he should be at his peak and could start slamming them in again for us. Bony, Abraham and Sanches, all quality :)

He wasn’t the only one that got it a bit off piste though. Look at some of the comments. Not least my own.

Events dear boy, events.

The Americans seem remarkably similar to sloths.. on 00:45 - Dec 28 with 1545 viewsSwanseaman

The Americans seem remarkably similar to sloths.. on 21:29 - Dec 27 by NeathJack

Probably.

Yeah, I did got caught up in the hype. The Bony video and all the Pundits declaring how Swansea have done great business.

The Americans seem remarkably similar to sloths.. on 01:10 - Dec 28 with 1521 viewsSwanseaman

Probably.

For me the fact that they let Clement go (who I think may have done as good as any manager could do with the squad he had, and with no real replacement for the Siggy and Llorente losses). But there was no manager in place ready to come in. That has set alarm bells ringing.

I did mention in that post: as long as they don't 'sell to anyone else'. So the potential Mawson sale news, that's not good.

My opinions can change again though, if they spend out what we made from the Siggy and llorente sales on a quality manager and on some in form strikers during the Jan transfer window, I could change my mind again and think that they are trying to sort this out.

But leaving Britton in charge and moving so slowly, while all the other teams around us have been pro active, it's now become almost certain that we will be relegated, when there was a chance of avoiding it if they had acted quickly and not been so sloth like.

And the hindsight factor: Both Bony and Sanches were players brought in who were not 'in form'. Their confidence were low, they were lacking in game time, and lacking fitness. Because we brought them in so late on we were destined to have a bad start to the season. Although Bony did start to get a few goals in just before his injury, Sanches still looks like he hasn't got to grips with the Premier.

[Post edited 28 Dec 2017 1:24]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024