Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can anyone explain... 07:31 - Jan 23 with 2991 viewsandrew

Why Tom Carroll came on right wing and not Narsingh? Surely he’d be the perfect option.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Can anyone explain... on 07:35 - Jan 23 with 2969 viewsyescomeon

My guess is that CC thought he would offer more defensively than Narsingh. What we actually needed was a right-sided Clucas,

Upthecity!

(No subject) (n/t) on 07:36 - Jan 23 with 2959 viewsJack_y_Jwc

Defending for our lives and you want to put narsingh on?
Brilliant tactical sub
[Post edited 23 Jan 2018 7:37]

Can anyone explain... on 07:38 - Jan 23 with 2939 viewsSTID2017

Can anyone explain... on 07:35 - Jan 23 by yescomeon

My guess is that CC thought he would offer more defensively than Narsingh. What we actually needed was a right-sided Clucas,

Indeed . Not only did he assist Ayew and take the pressure off him, he also helped to add an extra body to to the London traffic jam that was the middle of the park, stopping Liverpool's F1 car in it's tracks !

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Can anyone explain... on 07:39 - Jan 23 with 2935 viewsMrSwerve

That would cost you...

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Can anyone explain... on 07:44 - Jan 23 with 2908 views34dfgdf54

Spot on.

I thought Carroll did well when he came on, plenty of running and kept the ball as he would have been briefed to do before hand. Better option than Narsingh for this particular game.

On the flipside though I thought we looked so much better with him not starting, alot more competitive and solid.
Can anyone explain... on 07:57 - Jan 23 with 2845 viewsyescomeon

Agree with that, re: Carroll starting. Think that was up there with the best a midfield 3 have looked all season, albeit deeper than I'd like. If Fer can consistently pull his finger out he could be the midfield tackler we so desperately need. Funnily enough he did that excellently away to Liverpool this time last year.

Upthecity!

Can anyone explain... on 09:10 - Jan 23 with 2638 viewsWarwickHunt

Can anyone explain... on 07:57 - Jan 23 by yescomeon

Agree with that, re: Carroll starting. Think that was up there with the best a midfield 3 have looked all season, albeit deeper than I'd like. If Fer can consistently pull his finger out he could be the midfield tackler we so desperately need. Funnily enough he did that excellently away to Liverpool this time last year.

An Evertonian. Obviously.
Can anyone explain... on 09:31 - Jan 23 with 2572 viewsmagicdaps10

Tommy Carroll would hold the shape better in the formation.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Login to get fewer ads

Can anyone explain... on 09:37 - Jan 23 with 2553 viewsThornburyswan

To be fair to Carlos I think Tom had his name down first at the nurses visitor desk to come in & see us in hospital ;-)
Can anyone explain... on 09:37 - Jan 23 with 2551 viewsJFSwan

Narsingh would of been a tactical disaster under those circumstances
Can anyone explain... on 10:25 - Jan 23 with 2451 viewsWAFU

Not it is not. One clucas is bad enough.
Can anyone explain... on 10:30 - Jan 23 with 2425 viewsbelieveinmiracles

Good job ur not the gaffer son. Stick to rugby
Can anyone explain... on 15:38 - Jan 23 with 2176 viewsswanseacityx

Maybe its because Narsingh loses posession easier than any of our players. Carroll is clever and confident despite all his haters on here.
Can anyone explain... on 20:57 - Jan 23 with 1973 viewssherpajacob

I thought Carroll struggled because he has no right foot, and kept turning towards the touchline.

The obvious substitution imho was take dyer off, put ayew on the right and bony down the middle.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Can anyone explain... on 21:01 - Jan 23 with 1963 viewsGlyn1

Can anyone explain... on 20:57 - Jan 23 by sherpajacob

I thought Carroll struggled because he has no right foot, and kept turning towards the touchline.

The obvious substitution imho was take dyer off, put ayew on the right and bony down the middle.

We were getting over-run in midfield and your idea would have made things worse. I thing the manager got it exactly right.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Can anyone explain... on 21:07 - Jan 23 with 1931 viewslonglostjack

I thought Narsingh would have provided an outlet for the counter to relieve the pressure. Robinson was also on a yellow. Ah well, shows how much I know, maybe Bobbly would have agreed with me.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Can anyone explain... on 21:22 - Jan 23 with 1892 viewsZZoric

poor thread - can Andrew explain why ?
Can anyone explain... on 21:43 - Jan 23 with 1838 viewssherpajacob

Can anyone explain... on 21:01 - Jan 23 by Glyn1

We were getting over-run in midfield and your idea would have made things worse. I thing the manager got it exactly right.

Dyer was struggling, ayew was putting a proper shift in, but the ball kept coming back because nobody was able to hold it up.

We needed Bony on to hold it up, but also someone to support him and deny Liverpool possession.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

N/A. on 00:57 - Jan 24 with 1676 viewsHuw57

Can anyone explain... on 20:57 - Jan 23 by sherpajacob

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 5:46]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024