Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FA Cup team selection? 04:10 - Feb 11 with 7503 viewsJethroJack

If (no, when!) we beat Sheffield Wednesday, do you think Carlos will be tempted to select the Premier League team for the Quarter Final? It falls on the same weekend as the Southampton game (17 March) which would therefore have to be re-scheduled.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2018 4:11]
FA Cup team selection? on 04:46 - Feb 11 with 6504 viewsSwan91

I guess it all depends on who we get..
FA Cup team selection? on 04:50 - Feb 11 with 6503 viewsSwanski

I dont think so.
The relegation scrap will be on for a few more months and PL survival is paramount. There seems to be harmony throughout the squad with the current system of giving game time to everyone is working. The lads all look happy. Injuries can happen at any time so we need match sharpness and players ready to step in if required weather that be as a sub or full replacement. Giving all the lads an opportunity encourages competition for places and keeps everyone on their toes.
FA Cup team selection? on 05:51 - Feb 11 with 6476 viewsJethroJack

FA Cup team selection? on 04:50 - Feb 11 by Swanski

I dont think so.
The relegation scrap will be on for a few more months and PL survival is paramount. There seems to be harmony throughout the squad with the current system of giving game time to everyone is working. The lads all look happy. Injuries can happen at any time so we need match sharpness and players ready to step in if required weather that be as a sub or full replacement. Giving all the lads an opportunity encourages competition for places and keeps everyone on their toes.

Fair comment, but the potential prize would be a Wembley semi-final >>> final?
I'm assuming that our league position will continue to improve up to the cup quarter final.
FA Cup team selection? on 07:14 - Feb 11 with 6406 viewstrampie

I would expect a full team if the Swans make the Q/F's, I would be very disappointed and would have something to say if the Swans did not put out a full team if they make the quarters.

Wednesday away in the next round is an interesting one, I would guess the Swans will go with their cup team but with their best players on the bench.
No game for a week leading up to the Wednesday game and no game for a week after the Wednesday game, it's only the worry of injuries and players can get injured in training anyway, but all the same the cup team have gone so well they might be good enough to win the game.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

FA Cup team selection? on 07:17 - Feb 11 with 6398 viewsSTID2017

FA Cup team selection? on 07:14 - Feb 11 by trampie

I would expect a full team if the Swans make the Q/F's, I would be very disappointed and would have something to say if the Swans did not put out a full team if they make the quarters.

Wednesday away in the next round is an interesting one, I would guess the Swans will go with their cup team but with their best players on the bench.
No game for a week leading up to the Wednesday game and no game for a week after the Wednesday game, it's only the worry of injuries and players can get injured in training anyway, but all the same the cup team have gone so well they might be good enough to win the game.

I don't mind a few changes but wholesale changes need to be avoided.
Fabianski must play as our reserve keepers aren't up to the mark

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

FA Cup team selection? on 07:20 - Feb 11 with 6397 viewsBrynmill_Jack

FA Cup team selection? on 04:50 - Feb 11 by Swanski

I dont think so.

Winning breeds confidence. Also with other teams with bigger fish to fry we could easily get to the final. Carlos , as a foreign manager pass up the chance for footballing immortality? I think not!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

FA Cup team selection? on 07:21 - Feb 11 with 6387 viewsSwan91

The thing I am thinking about... the way the team is right now.. we pretty much need 7-10 new players next season (if we replace rangel and britton.. and replace the 3 loan signings). if we somehow manage to win the cup and go into europe... thats more players we need to sing.. pretty much would have to sign a new team the way things are going haha
FA Cup team selection? on 07:30 - Feb 11 with 6373 viewsSTID2017

FA Cup team selection? on 07:21 - Feb 11 by Swan91

The thing I am thinking about... the way the team is right now.. we pretty much need 7-10 new players next season (if we replace rangel and britton.. and replace the 3 loan signings). if we somehow manage to win the cup and go into europe... thats more players we need to sing.. pretty much would have to sign a new team the way things are going haha

I think Abraham may sign on for another year's loan (or possibly sign for us)
King will, I'm sure make his move permaent (already stated he's no future at Festers and always wanted to play in Wales, so down to him to earn a move)
Can see a RB, AM and CF coming in, plus a Centre Half if Mawson goes in the summer

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Login to get fewer ads

FA Cup team selection? on 10:08 - Feb 11 with 6161 viewssainthelens

If we can beat Sheff Weds, then I've a real feeling that the Jackal will go for it. You can tell he's got a real taste for what's developing quickly here. Judging by what Ki said after yesterday game, I don't think any damage would be caused by picking our strongest side possible in the quarter final. And let's be honest lads, our squad ain't really that big is it. We'd be just 2 games from making ' history' again, too big an opportunity to blow.
FA Cup team selection? on 22:27 - Feb 11 with 5944 viewsTenbySwan

One thing on my football bucket list is to see an FA Cup Final.
I can't see that happening unless Swansea get there., not sure I would really want to unless the Swans were involved anyway!
Booked the tickets for Hillsborough today. Can't wait. It could be our year to shut that lot up from going on about 1927!
FA Cup team selection? on 22:31 - Feb 11 with 5928 viewsjasper_T

FA Cup team selection? on 07:30 - Feb 11 by STID2017

I think Abraham may sign on for another year's loan (or possibly sign for us)
King will, I'm sure make his move permaent (already stated he's no future at Festers and always wanted to play in Wales, so down to him to earn a move)
Can see a RB, AM and CF coming in, plus a Centre Half if Mawson goes in the summer

Abraham would be a bit pricey for a 3rd/4th choice striker, no?
FA Cup team selection? on 22:34 - Feb 11 with 5913 viewssainthelens

FA Cup team selection? on 22:27 - Feb 11 by TenbySwan

I can't see that happening unless Swansea get there., not sure I would really want to unless the Swans were involved anyway!
Booked the tickets for Hillsborough today. Can't wait. It could be our year to shut that lot up from going on about 1927!

Keep getting visions of us facing Citeh in the final. With literally nobody giving us an earthly. Perhaps I should lay of the Chardonnay.
FA Cup team selection? on 22:44 - Feb 11 with 5888 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

FA Cup team selection? on 22:31 - Feb 11 by jasper_T

Abraham would be a bit pricey for a 3rd/4th choice striker, no?

Think he’ll develop beyond that

Lot of potential - and think that will price us out of it if Chelsea let him go

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

FA Cup team selection? on 00:12 - Feb 12 with 5760 viewsswans11

FA Cup team selection? on 22:27 - Feb 11 by TenbySwan

would love to see swans in fa cup final we have seen them go through the divisions win league cup and play in Europe would more or less complete list pf realistic possibilities we not likely to win league
FA Cup team selection? on 06:33 - Feb 12 with 5651 viewsBrynmill_Jack

FA Cup team selection? on 00:12 - Feb 12 by swans11

would love to see swans in fa cup final we have seen them go through the divisions win league cup and play in Europe would more or less complete list pf realistic possibilities we not likely to win league

It's almost like Carlos has brought that little bit of spirit back to the dressing room that Rodgers in particular generated during his time here . FA cup? It would be a massive enhancement on his CV so why not? Anything is possible .

FA Cup team selection? on 08:51 - Feb 12 with 5533 viewsmonmouth

FA Cup team selection? on 22:34 - Feb 11 by sainthelens

Keep getting visions of us facing Citeh in the final. With literally nobody giving us an earthly. Perhaps I should lay of the Chardonnay.

We wouldn’t have an earthly, nor against spurs. We are not even in the QF and we’ve played no one of any note yet. By all means have the pipe dreams, but that’s what they are. Wouldn’t mind a day or two out at Wembley though.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

FA Cup team selection? on 09:31 - Feb 12 with 5473 viewsBrynmill_Jack

FA Cup team selection? on 08:51 - Feb 12 by monmouth

We wouldn’t have an earthly, nor against spurs. We are not even in the QF and we’ve played no one of any note yet. By all means have the pipe dreams, but that’s what they are. Wouldn’t mind a day or two out at Wembley though.

A fair point but then who would have predicted us turning over the European champions over 2 legs to get to the LC final? Let's dream a little

FA Cup team selection? on 10:13 - Feb 12 with 5385 viewsJango

FA Cup team selection? on 22:44 - Feb 11 by PatchesOHoulihan

Think he’ll develop beyond that

Lot of potential - and think that will price us out of it if Chelsea let him go

No way Chelsea will sell him. If he gets a lot of game time under Carvalhal for the rest of the season then I think it would be best for all parties if he stayed another year on loan. I think we may see a front 3 of Tammy and both Ayews against Wednesday. There’s no midweek games so the perfect opportunity go with it.
FA Cup team selection? on 11:21 - Feb 12 with 5294 viewsbuilthjack

Field a strong team

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

FA Cup team selection? on 12:27 - Feb 12 with 5214 viewsJackFish

Don't mind a few changes on Saturday but we should still be playing a strong team and trying to win it. If we win on the weekend it's only one extra midweek game for the chance to reach a semi-final, that's definitely worth it. Especially if we were to get a home draw against Brighton/Coventry or West Brom/Southampton. Even Leicester/Sheffield Utd would be winnable.

And Southampton could well beat West Brom which would mean that game gets moved anyway.
FA Cup team selection? on 13:09 - Feb 12 with 5135 viewsJethroJack

FA Cup team selection? on 08:51 - Feb 12 by monmouth

You can do that WHEN we get to the semi-final, let alone the final 😁
FA Cup team selection? on 16:36 - Feb 12 with 4961 viewsthornabyswan

FA Cup team selection? on 10:08 - Feb 11 by sainthelens

If we can beat Sheff Weds, then I've a real feeling that the Jackal will go for it. You can tell he's got a real taste for what's developing quickly here. Judging by what Ki said after yesterday game, I don't think any damage would be caused by picking our strongest side possible in the quarter final. And let's be honest lads, our squad ain't really that big is it. We'd be just 2 games from making ' history' again, too big an opportunity to blow.

The quarter finals are likely to feature Spurs Man City Man Utd and Chelsea.
So will need a bit of luck in the draw if we get through.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

FA Cup team selection? on 17:33 - Feb 12 with 4862 viewssainthelens

FA Cup team selection? on 16:36 - Feb 12 by thornabyswan

The quarter finals are likely to feature Spurs Man City Man Utd and Chelsea.
So will need a bit of luck in the draw if we get through.

Doesn't anyone think that there maybe 1 shock involving those 4 sides?
FA Cup team selection? on 17:53 - Feb 12 with 4836 viewsthornabyswan

FA Cup team selection? on 17:33 - Feb 12 by sainthelens

Doesn't anyone think that there maybe 1 shock involving those 4 sides?

Huddersfield may give Man Utd a game.
Be surprised if they beat them a 2nd time though.
Spurs play Rochdale City Wigan can't really see either of those slipping up.
Anything possible with Chelsea though.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

FA Cup team selection? on 17:54 - Feb 12 with 4834 viewsGlyn1

From today's Guardian:

"Burnley have a two-week break to be reinvigorated, including a warm-weather training camp in Portugal, before hosting Southampton on 24 February."

I imagine a lot of the other clubs at the bottom of the table will be doing the same thing*. It's not just the extra Cup games that's the problem for players, it's the way that it fills up the schedule, leaving no time to train properly.

But although I'm moaning, it's a nice problem to have, and I'm really loving this FA Cup run.

*UPDATE: "West Brom are off to Spain after this game, a trip they hope will refresh the squad and bond them together."
[Post edited 12 Feb 2018 20:22]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024