Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Full Metal Jacket Drill Sergeant's Rant 11:03 - Apr 16 with 1574 viewstheloneranger

R Lee Ermey who played Gunnery Sergeant Hartman in the film Full Metal Jacket has died.

A brilliant film, he had some of the best verbal scenes I've seen in a war film.

[Post edited 16 Apr 2018 11:12]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Full Metal Jacket Drill Sergent's Rant on 11:13 - Apr 16 with 1561 viewsDr_Winston

"Did your parents have any children that lived?"

One of the greatest insults in cinema history.

Kubrick basically let Ermey improvise most of his dialogue, which is unique for someone in one of his films as far as I'm aware.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Full Metal Jacket Drill Sergent's Rant on 11:20 - Apr 16 with 1546 viewstheloneranger

Full Metal Jacket Drill Sergent's Rant on 11:13 - Apr 16 by Dr_Winston

"Did your parents have any children that lived?"

One of the greatest insults in cinema history.

Kubrick basically let Ermey improvise most of his dialogue, which is unique for someone in one of his films as far as I'm aware.

He was a drill instructor in the US Marine Corp

Taken from Wiki. ...

"Initially, he was intended to be only the technical advisor. Kubrick changed his mind after Ermey put together an instructional tape, in which he went on an extended tirade towards several extras, convincing Kubrick he was the right man for the role.

Seeking authenticity for the film, Kubrick allowed Ermey to write or edit his own dialogue and improvise on the set, a notable rarity in a Kubrick film.

Kubrick later indicated that Ermey was an excellent performer, often needing just two or three takes per scene, also unusual for a Kubrick film."

Full Metal Jacket Drill Sergeant's Rant on 11:54 - Apr 16 with 1509 viewsWingstandwood

In (albeit cameo role) Apocalypse Now also.... 1:36 s of video.

Argus!

Full Metal Jacket Drill Sergent's Rant on 13:32 - Apr 16 with 1459 viewsLord_Bony

Full Metal Jacket Drill Sergent's Rant on 11:20 - Apr 16 by theloneranger

He was a drill instructor in the US Marine Corp

Taken from Wiki. ...

"Initially, he was intended to be only the technical advisor. Kubrick changed his mind after Ermey put together an instructional tape, in which he went on an extended tirade towards several extras, convincing Kubrick he was the right man for the role.

Seeking authenticity for the film, Kubrick allowed Ermey to write or edit his own dialogue and improvise on the set, a notable rarity in a Kubrick film.

Kubrick later indicated that Ermey was an excellent performer, often needing just two or three takes per scene, also unusual for a Kubrick film."

Hell you got ma head so racked up boy, ah just had to watch that godamn movie again...sheet.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Full Metal Jacket Drill Sergent's Rant on 13:38 - Apr 16 with 1449 viewstheloneranger

Full Metal Jacket Drill Sergent's Rant on 13:32 - Apr 16 by Lord_Bony

Hell you got ma head so racked up boy, ah just had to watch that godamn movie again...sheet.

Don't forget Sergeant Loyce in.....

The Boys In Company C.

[Post edited 16 Apr 2018 13:39]

Full Metal Jacket Drill Sergeant's Rant on 13:46 - Apr 16 with 1429 viewsNeath_Jack

Big Swans fan.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024