Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
7 million on agents fees 20:31 - Apr 3 with 6170 viewsLoyal

And most of that is employing them to find players, excellent darts Huw, pick up the phone tell them what you want and pay them.
And for this he gets ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

7 million on agents fees on 20:35 - Apr 3 with 3722 viewsDr_Winston

For £7m we could have a top notch, Europe wide scouting network.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

7 million on agents fees on 20:47 - Apr 3 with 3674 viewsGlyn1

7 million on agents fees on 20:35 - Apr 3 by Dr_Winston

...who would find players who had agents, so doubling the cost?

Teams who have spent less than us include West Brom, Southampton, Stoke and Palace, so maybe it's a necessary expense.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

7 million on agents fees on 21:13 - Apr 3 with 3624 viewsBrynmill_Jack

7 million on agents fees on 20:47 - Apr 3 by Glyn1

Teams who have spent less than us include West Brom, Southampton, Stoke and Palace, so maybe it's a necessary expense.

Perhaps we shouldn't have believed them when we've blown 2o million plus on two spanish players that have hardly played and will probably never play for us again. At least when we were lining Tutumulus pockets we were getting some decent players and value for money.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

7 million on agents fees on 21:16 - Apr 3 with 3617 viewsDr_Winston

Who would find players we could potentially not pay inflated fees for as we're not tasking agents to bring them to us.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

7 million on agents fees on 21:18 - Apr 3 with 3611 viewsBrynmill_Jack

7 million on agents fees on 21:13 - Apr 3 by Brynmill_Jack

Perhaps we shouldn't have believed them when we've blown 2o million plus on two spanish players that have hardly played and will probably never play for us again. At least when we were lining Tutumulus pockets we were getting some decent players and value for money.

Not to mention the suicidal re signing of Wilfried Bony.

7 million on agents fees on 21:20 - Apr 3 with 3607 viewslonglostjack

This.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

7 million on agents fees on 21:22 - Apr 3 with 3598 viewsTheResurrection

Some crack experts on football transfers on this thread.

Years and years of experience between them.... In moaning about football management I meant, not actually recruiting football players.

Listen now, world, there's much to learn....

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

7 million on agents fees on 21:27 - Apr 3 with 3587 viewsDJack

We can agree on one or two things. (When we disagree it is me who is correct... )

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Login to get fewer ads

7 million on agents fees on 21:51 - Apr 3 with 3534 viewsBrynmill_Jack

7 million on agents fees on 21:27 - Apr 3 by DJack

We can agree on one or two things. (When we disagree it is me who is correct... )

Oh no it isn't !!!! (look behind you etc etc)

7 million on agents fees on 21:52 - Apr 3 with 3527 viewsBrynmill_Jack

7 million on agents fees on 21:22 - Apr 3 by TheResurrection

Years and years of experience between them.... In moaning about football management I meant, not actually recruiting football players.

You're a crack expert. You must be

7 million on agents fees on 21:56 - Apr 3 with 3512 viewsLoyal

7 million on agents fees on 21:22 - Apr 3 by TheResurrection

I love crack 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

7 million on agents fees on 04:08 - Apr 4 with 3372 viewsDewi1jack

So,
The agents bring Huw keepers from the Outer Azerbaijani 4th Division (or Australia!) to look at, sign and get rid of, whilst Beaky rings Falkirk to see who they've got left.

Mmmm
Well worth £7 million

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

7 million on agents fees on 04:29 - Apr 4 with 3366 viewsBobby_Fischer

You think 7 million is expensive in this league? for how many years in this league?

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

7 million on agents fees on 05:23 - Apr 4 with 3339 viewsicecoldjack

We paid agents £ 7 m quid to find us players like Clucas for £17m who no other premier league club had any interest in and a player like Mesa for£ 12m who the manager had no intention or need of using ?

Cool.

Total cost £36 m ?
7 million on agents fees on 08:21 - Apr 4 with 3199 viewsfelixstowe_jack

7 million on agents fees on 05:23 - Apr 4 by icecoldjack

We paid agents £ 7 m quid to find us players like Clucas for £17m who no other premier league club had any interest in and a player like Mesa for£ 12m who the manager had no intention or need of using ?

Cool.

Total cost £36 m ?

I wonder how much we paid Mawson's agent? That was money well spent.

Agents are a cancer in Football. The only way they get their blood money is to ferment unrest in their players to get transfers for their players. How often have Swansea players been persuaded by their agents to sign for a big club then promptly spend the next few years warming the bench. before yet another transfer to a smaller club is needed to get the career back on track.
Conversely how many bad players have been foisted on us at huge sums only to fail and then we have to put them out on loan as no one else will buy them.

We need a proper football man and a scouting network to find and assess players which in the long term will save us money and make for a better team.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

7 million on agents fees on 09:22 - Apr 4 with 3140 viewsswan65split

yeah picked up some crap since hes gone, someones made a profit on our loanees..........just saying like.
7 million on agents fees on 09:39 - Apr 4 with 3116 viewsBrynCartwright

7 million on agents fees on 21:56 - Apr 3 by Loyal

I love crack 👍

Sorry...couldn't resist...

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

7 million on agents fees on 10:09 - Apr 4 with 3084 viewsLoyal

7 million on agents fees on 08:21 - Apr 4 by felixstowe_jack

I wonder how much we paid Mawson's agent? That was money well spent.

Agents are a cancer in Football. The only way they get their blood money is to ferment unrest in their players to get transfers for their players. How often have Swansea players been persuaded by their agents to sign for a big club then promptly spend the next few years warming the bench. before yet another transfer to a smaller club is needed to get the career back on track.
Conversely how many bad players have been foisted on us at huge sums only to fail and then we have to put them out on loan as no one else will buy them.

We need a proper football man and a scouting network to find and assess players which in the long term will save us money and make for a better team.

We would have paid his agent, and if we employed an agent him or her as well.

7 million on agents fees on 11:12 - Apr 4 with 3029 viewsSPboy

That’s interesting ... so only the teams below us have spent less on agents than us ?
7 million on agents fees on 11:15 - Apr 4 with 3029 viewsdobjack2

7 million on agents fees on 20:35 - Apr 3 by Dr_Winston

Scouting and agents are 2 separate but linked issues.

Just about everyone has an agent so once a player has been scouted then you end up dealing with the agent.

I’m sure that I will be advised accordingly if I am talking through what I’m sitting on, but we appear to have a uk scouting network of sorts and some sort of European network - e.g. Tremmel. However it may be that a large part of the job of the European network is preparing reports on players that their agents have been hawking around to us.
7 million on agents fees on 12:40 - Apr 4 with 2977 viewsawayjack

7 million on agents fees on 11:12 - Apr 4 by SPboy

That’s interesting ... so only the teams below us have spent less on agents than us ?

Nope. Bournemouth, Brighton, Burnley, Newcastle, Hudders and the likes of Spurs also spent less than us, so a little misleading to link agents costs with bottom league position. Far more relevant to look at poor players we ended up from agents, as others have illustrated the real cost of players that don't fit is much higher. The DOF makes decisions so should take responsbility on who to sign veruses the players the agents with vested interest push our way. It's not agents fault we resigned Bony and overspent on Baston, Mesa and Clucas.
7 million on agents fees on 13:00 - Apr 4 with 2952 viewsLoyal

7 million on agents fees on 11:15 - Apr 4 by dobjack2

Just about everyone has an agent so once a player has been scouted then you end up dealing with the agent.

I’m sure that I will be advised accordingly if I am talking through what I’m sitting on, but we appear to have a uk scouting network of sorts and some sort of European network - e.g. Tremmel. However it may be that a large part of the job of the European network is preparing reports on players that their agents have been hawking around to us.

There are agents who represent players, and agents who as well that have knowledge of available players through agents net works. This is why huw employs agents to find a suitable fit for what the swans squad needs 👍 He then approaches our manager who says he loves what Huw has done and would love to have the player in his squad.

That's the blueprint, same as Barca, RM and many other continental sides. Carlos has already confirmed this. As for a scouting network, thats for young players who join at u23 level, the belief is you don't need to scout a player like say Leroy Fer as you already know what you are going to get. Due diligence like family, assets, illness, habits, and personal issues is done from within the club. The agent is employed to converse with other agents about availability.

That's how it works, I have been told by three agents, one a swans fan that this is the swansea ..... way. 👍

7 million on agents fees on 13:48 - Apr 4 with 2898 viewsTheResurrection

7 million on agents fees on 05:23 - Apr 4 by icecoldjack

Cool.

Total cost £36 m ?

That's not how it works you clueless fack.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

7 million on agents fees on 13:51 - Apr 4 with 2895 viewsTheResurrection

7 million on agents fees on 11:15 - Apr 4 by dobjack2

You are quite correct and the Doc is all over the shop. Him and his merry band of mugs.

7 million on agents fees on 13:57 - Apr 4 with 2889 viewsTheResurrection

7 million on agents fees on 13:00 - Apr 4 by Loyal

There are agents who represent players, and agents who as well that have knowledge of available players through agents net works. This is why huw employs agents to find a suitable fit for what the swans squad needs 👍 He then approaches our manager who says he loves what Huw has done and would love to have the player in his squad.

That's the blueprint, same as Barca, RM and many other continental sides. Carlos has already confirmed this. As for a scouting network, thats for young players who join at u23 level, the belief is you don't need to scout a player like say Leroy Fer as you already know what you are going to get. Due diligence like family, assets, illness, habits, and personal issues is done from within the club. The agent is employed to converse with other agents about availability.

That's how it works, I have been told by three agents, one a swans fan that this is the swansea ..... way. 👍

Hardly that. The agents fees in question are predominately made up from the agents of the players we bought or loaned and in the Summer we made multiple transactions with each one costing a fair bit.

The way it works is agents are always pestering Jenkins, always turning up or trying to make contact and why? Well it's not rocket science is it, they're trying to manufacture the next move for their clients.

Nobody has confirmed or denied whether the story in the last window about that super agent was true or not. If it was, that would have been a step away from our traditional approach. The fact no player was brought in attached to Mendez then I'd be sceptical it was true at all.

The Swans fan is Elsey, correct?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024