Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For All Those Who Were Saying We'd Be Better Off In The Championship 07:15 - Apr 11 with 1877 viewsSTID2017

Hoped you watched Villa - Cardiff yesterday.
I watched the last 25 minutes of it and it reminded me how poor the football is at that level.
Bearing in mind these are two top six teams.
Be careful what you wish for ...
[Post edited 11 Apr 2018 7:47]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

For All Those Who Were Saying We'd Be Better Off In The Championship on 07:24 - Apr 11 with 1852 viewsDr_Winston

The standard has dropped massively since we were in it last. Can barely bring myself to watch Championship games on TV these days.

It's easy to be spoiled watching us in the Prem and perhaps my view is tinged by that a bit, but I can't remember watching Championship games prior to our promotion and cringing about how poor the quality on display was.

There's a couple of teams down there who still try to play it properly (nice to see Fulham being rewarded for it), but otherwise most of them seem to be identikit, Pulis/Warnock type kick and rush sides.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

For All Those Who Were Saying We'd Be Better Off In The Championship on 07:49 - Apr 11 with 1787 viewsSTID2017

For All Those Who Were Saying We'd Be Better Off In The Championship on 07:24 - Apr 11 by Dr_Winston

The standard has dropped massively since we were in it last. Can barely bring myself to watch Championship games on TV these days.

It's easy to be spoiled watching us in the Prem and perhaps my view is tinged by that a bit, but I can't remember watching Championship games prior to our promotion and cringing about how poor the quality on display was.

There's a couple of teams down there who still try to play it properly (nice to see Fulham being rewarded for it), but otherwise most of them seem to be identikit, Pulis/Warnock type kick and rush sides.

The thing is when we were there most recently we were one of the better footballing sides.
Standard does seems to have dropped though

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

For All Those Who Were Saying We'd Be Better Off In The Championship on 07:52 - Apr 11 with 1781 viewsLeonWasGod

For all those who were saying we'd be better off in the PL , hope you watched us against WBA on Saturday. It reminded me how poor the football is at that level.
Bearing in mind these are two top division teams.

Agree entirely, but I'm not convinced a match up between Bruce and Colin the W@nker represents the best that league has to offer.

But yep, relegation isn't a 'cure' for anything.
For All Those Who Were Saying We'd Be Better Off In The Championship on 07:58 - Apr 11 with 1764 viewsPrivate_Partz

For All Those Who Were Saying We'd Be Better Off In The Championship on 07:52 - Apr 11 by LeonWasGod

For all those who were saying we'd be better off in the PL , hope you watched us against WBA on Saturday. It reminded me how poor the football is at that level.

Agree entirely, but I'm not convinced a match up between Bruce and Colin the W@nker represents the best that league has to offer.

Relegation is a not a cure for anything.
The loss of our status would be devasting for the club, the Swansea Bay Region and Wales as a whole.
It's one of the best marketing tools.
I hate the obscenity of the wages paid and the unfairness of it all but we can't ignore the massive benefits as well.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

For All Those Who Were Saying We'd Be Better Off In The Championship on 08:02 - Apr 11 with 1745 viewsWhiterockin

It's true the football is poor in the Championship, but none of last season promotion sides are in the bottom three of the premier League, is the gap that large?
For All Those Who Were Saying We'd Be Better Off In The Championship on 08:07 - Apr 11 with 1733 views34dfgdf54

For All Those Who Were Saying We'd Be Better Off In The Championship on 07:52 - Apr 11 by LeonWasGod

I agree the Championship standard is rubbish, but as you say, both sides on Saturday in our game would not be any better than what was on show in the two Cardiff games I have watched over the last few days.

I would never want us to go down though obviously, just think people are over stating this standard gap between the leagues, outside the top 6/8 in the Premier League, and the top 10 of the Championship, there isn't much in it.
For All Those Who Were Saying We'd Be Better Off In The Championship on 08:10 - Apr 11 with 1723 viewsscruffyjack

For All Those Who Were Saying We'd Be Better Off In The Championship on 07:49 - Apr 11 by STID2017

The thing is when we were there most recently we were one of the better footballing sides.
Standard does seems to have dropped though

I recorded the match and watched most of it on fast forward, which copied Warnock’s style of football:
Plan (A) Get a throw in the final third, Gunnarson chucks the ball in the box.

(B) Get a free kick in your own half, goalkeeper whacks it in the box.

(C) Repeat A & B.

Dreadful, truly dreadful.
For All Those Who Were Saying We'd Be Better Off In The Championship on 08:14 - Apr 11 with 1716 viewspencoedjack

For All Those Who Were Saying We'd Be Better Off In The Championship on 08:02 - Apr 11 by Whiterockin

It's true the football is poor in the Championship, but none of last season promotion sides are in the bottom three of the premier League, is the gap that large?

The standard of the bottom half of the PL has also dropped imo.

The shower of shite we are putting out at the moment is probably the worst I have seen a Swans team since we've been promoted .... & there is a good chance we will stay up.

Survival at all costs is all that matters .... football philosophy in the way we play has gone.
Login to get fewer ads

For All Those Who Were Saying We'd Be Better Off In The Championship on 08:18 - Apr 11 with 1699 viewsWhiterockin

For All Those Who Were Saying We'd Be Better Off In The Championship on 08:14 - Apr 11 by pencoedjack

The shower of shite we are putting out at the moment is probably the worst I have seen a Swans team since we've been promoted .... & there is a good chance we will stay up.

Survival at all costs is all that matters .... football philosophy in the way we play has gone.

Agree completely. I used to think that the gap between the leagues was the money generated in the Premier League, but if that is wasted (like we have done in recent seasons) the gap disappears.
For All Those Who Were Saying We'd Be Better Off In The Championship on 10:28 - Apr 11 with 1471 viewssainthelens

Great thread you've started, as it should be a warning to those idiots on here that were happy going to " those" championship grounds etc, the standard is dire. Ok, some of our games aren't great spectacles but we are in the world's most competitive league and need to stay here at all costs. If I wanna see hoof ball I'll watch local league football.
For All Those Who Were Saying We'd Be Better Off In The Championship on 10:54 - Apr 11 with 1437 viewsLeonWasGod

For All Those Who Were Saying We'd Be Better Off In The Championship on 07:58 - Apr 11 by Private_Partz

Relegation is a not a cure for anything.
The loss of our status would be devasting for the club, the Swansea Bay Region and Wales as a whole.
It's one of the best marketing tools.
I hate the obscenity of the wages paid and the unfairness of it all but we can't ignore the massive benefits as well.

Quite. Something like at least a £10m a year boost into the local economy isn't it? And that could be even bigger now. It's vital we stay up. Not least because it's very hard to come back up again, irrespective of the other benefits. Although it would be nice to get back to having half decent seasons where we're not having to look over our shoulders all the time.
For All Those Who Were Saying We'd Be Better Off In The Championship on 11:32 - Apr 11 with 1384 viewslifelong

I happen to think, if we went down, we would struggle in the Championship, especially after losing a few of our better players as would surely happen. Whatever we think of the standard of football it is a very difficult league.
For All Those Who Were Saying We'd Be Better Off In The Championship on 11:55 - Apr 11 with 1338 viewsLord_Bony

Looking forward to the derby with the scum next season if they come up.

Had some good times down there ...but wouldnt want to return.

No sir.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

For All Those Who Were Saying We'd Be Better Off In The Championship on 11:55 - Apr 11 with 1338 viewsA_Fans_Dad

For All Those Who Were Saying We'd Be Better Off In The Championship on 08:14 - Apr 11 by pencoedjack

"The shower of shite we are putting out at the moment is probably the worst I have seen a Swans team since we've been promoted"
Now I know you are either joking, or have a very bad memory.
Let me remind you with 2 words
Bob Bradley.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024