Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Succesful games for Wales. 08:20 - Apr 15 with 2580 viewstrampie

Wales finished 7th in the medal table ahead of the likes of Nigeria, Jamaica, Kenya and Scotland and P4P we were way ahead of England, England's population being something like 18 times Wales population.
Multiply Wales golds by 18 or Wales medal total by 18 to compare to England total to see just how well team Wales has done.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Succesful games for Wales. on 08:39 - Apr 15 with 2558 viewsKilkennyjack

Can’t wait to see TeamWales at the olympics 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🥇

Beware of the Risen People

Succesful games for Wales. on 10:33 - Apr 15 with 2487 viewsSwansNZ

Good games for Wales and NZ. Happy days.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Succesful games for Wales. on 10:52 - Apr 15 with 2464 viewsdickythorpe

The powder puff games.

Roll on the World's and Olympics
Succesful games for Wales. on 21:52 - Apr 15 with 2342 viewsPegojack

Succesful games for Wales. on 10:52 - Apr 15 by dickythorpe

The powder puff games.

Roll on the World's and Olympics

This.

I can't believe the amount of jingoistic fuss mounted by the BBC over the Commonwealth Games on every news bulletin. A joke of an event.

it's like organising a game of football when you were a kid, then making sure all the nerds and disabled kids were on the other side so you'd thrash them 20 - 0.

Shades of Brian Glover in "Kes'.
Succesful games for Wales. on 22:50 - Apr 15 with 2295 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Succesful games for Wales. on 21:52 - Apr 15 by Pegojack

This.

I can't believe the amount of jingoistic fuss mounted by the BBC over the Commonwealth Games on every news bulletin. A joke of an event.

it's like organising a game of football when you were a kid, then making sure all the nerds and disabled kids were on the other side so you'd thrash them 20 - 0.

Shades of Brian Glover in "Kes'.

Did you reach that viewpoint because it’s the only major games where the para athletes’ events take place at the same time as the able bodied ones?

They don’t actually compete against each other though.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Succesful games for Wales. on 23:07 - Apr 15 with 2286 viewsPegojack

Succesful games for Wales. on 22:50 - Apr 15 by Joe_bradshaw

Did you reach that viewpoint because it’s the only major games where the para athletes’ events take place at the same time as the able bodied ones?

They don’t actually compete against each other though.

No, that wasn't in my thinking at all, and I wish I'd omitted the word 'disabled' from my analogy, because I can see how I could be misconstrued. No offence intended.

What I'm getting at is the great 'Engerrlund' pitching itself against sporting powerhouses like the Cook Islands and Mauritius. OK, one or two other big sporting nations are taking part, but mostly it's minnows.
Succesful games for Wales. on 01:36 - Apr 16 with 2232 viewsdameedna

India is always good value.

One African country's team disappeared.

Beach volley ball is a good atmosphere.

The Englan team get on well with all comers.

Its all about the athletes taking part not the politics.

Good chance for people to get amongst the medals at a well organised and funded competition.
Succesful games for Wales. on 08:33 - Apr 16 with 2163 viewsPegojack

Succesful games for Wales. on 01:36 - Apr 16 by dameedna

India is always good value.

One African country's team disappeared.

Beach volley ball is a good atmosphere.

The Englan team get on well with all comers.

Its all about the athletes taking part not the politics.

Good chance for people to get amongst the medals at a well organised and funded competition.

Your last sentence.

I rest my case, M'lud.
Login to get fewer ads

Succesful games for Wales. on 10:45 - Apr 16 with 2111 viewsdickythorpe

Hereford has nothing to apologise for, it's becoming the politically correct games. Many of these athletes won't be seen in the World's and Olymipcs.
Succesful games for Wales. on 11:06 - Apr 16 with 2096 viewsdameedna

Which ones? You dont know. Makin finished 4th he is 41st in the World. He could take out the Olympics.

Funding plays a big part.

The swimmers from Australia, Canada, England will do well in any games.

Good chance for Wales to feature.
Succesful games for Wales. on 11:09 - Apr 16 with 2096 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Succesful games for Wales. on 10:45 - Apr 16 by dickythorpe

Hereford has nothing to apologise for, it's becoming the politically correct games. Many of these athletes won't be seen in the World's and Olymipcs.

No they’ve won’t Dicky. That’s nothing for them to be ashamed of though. Most of them are very, very good at what they do. They have worked incredibly hard to reach the standard they have even if it’s not quite World class.

Are we saying it’s not worth bothering to be good at something unless we reach World Championship or Olympic levels? It’s a chance for them to enjoy a moment in the sun and briefly rub shoulders with the likes of Usain Bolt. They’ve worked incredibly hard at it and the best of luck to them. I admire them immensely.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:40 - Apr 16 with 2001 viewsdameedna

Wales is one of the benefactors. Think that was the OPs point.

[Post edited 16 Apr 2018 22:44]
Succesful games for Wales. on 04:37 - Apr 17 with 1943 viewsKilkennyjack

Succesful games for Wales. on 11:09 - Apr 16 by Joe_bradshaw

No they’ve won’t Dicky. That’s nothing for them to be ashamed of though. Most of them are very, very good at what they do. They have worked incredibly hard to reach the standard they have even if it’s not quite World class.

Are we saying it’s not worth bothering to be good at something unless we reach World Championship or Olympic levels? It’s a chance for them to enjoy a moment in the sun and briefly rub shoulders with the likes of Usain Bolt. They’ve worked incredibly hard at it and the best of luck to them. I admire them immensely.

Exactly.

Or .....in football terms its only worth watching Real vs Barca.
Whereas we all enjoy the Jacks smashing 3 past the Redbirds for all the world to see.

Its sport, its fun, enjoy it.

Well done TeamCymru.

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024