Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Negative tactics, negative results. 19:39 - Apr 22 with 5509 viewsswanseajack97

Before I say this I just want to say that Carlos has done a great job since arriving at the swans and has helped us get out of the clement nightmare we endured this season.

However, that is not to say that the last 6 weeks has been extremely questionable tactically and mentally.

I will use the example of the West Brom game away from home. We clearly set up negatively and let the side who are relegated play the ball and dominate us showing very little attacking intent in till however they score and we realise we actually need to score a goal.

And that’s when we start to attack get the goal only to go back to negative defensive tactics and let them dominate the last 15 or so minutes.

If Carlos had done his research prior to this game it was clearly obvious that the only chance to get a result against Man City is to press the defensive and play with attacking intent. This is clearly shown in both games against Liverpool and Man United in the second half.

And yes, of course they are better sides than us but you can also look at what Crystal Palace did to them where they played with no fear and got a point (and a last minute penalty to win it).

If the gameplan today really was to sit back and just play for a draw I would be stunned, if there is one team you don’t want to allow the ball it is Man City with KDB and silva in midfield.

I am not even asking to get a result against City because of course they are a far better side, my point is to at least try to attack and make them panic and maybe test our luck and see what we could do.

To sum it up, playing for a low score line like we did today and still conceding 5 is not only a disgrace to the club, it is also a disgrace to the traveling fans who believe it or not actually paid money to see that game today despite it being on tv. To play 54 passes in the first half is unacceptable and the Swansea way is being eroded every time we play like that.

In my opinion, like what Monaco did a few weeks back every fan who went to the game today deserves a refund!
Negative tactics, negative results. on 19:42 - Apr 22 with 2763 viewsmonmouth

Don’t be silly mun. Now the match is done surely you can see the flaws in your arguments?

Edit at least about today?
[Post edited 22 Apr 2018 19:42]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Negative tactics, negative results. on 19:45 - Apr 22 with 2733 viewsunion_jack

Talking of the away fans, I didn't hear them today like I usually do. Are they at a part if the ground where there are no mics?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Negative tactics, negative results. on 19:52 - Apr 22 with 2687 viewslifelong

Must agree with the op, to set up with 9 in defence against a quality side like Man City is doomed to failure. That was perfectly obvious after 11 minutes of the game.
Negative tactics, negative results. on 19:54 - Apr 22 with 2678 viewsswanseajack97

Negative tactics, negative results. on 19:45 - Apr 22 by union_jack

Talking of the away fans, I didn't hear them today like I usually do. Are they at a part if the ground where there are no mics?

To be fair to the fans mate it’s hard to cheer that first half and after we at least tried to attack the score line was too bad already.
Negative tactics, negative results. on 19:54 - Apr 22 with 2675 viewsswanseajack97

Negative tactics, negative results. on 19:42 - Apr 22 by monmouth

Don’t be silly mun. Now the match is done surely you can see the flaws in your arguments?

Edit at least about today?
[Post edited 22 Apr 2018 19:42]

Game was already over by that point mate.
Negative tactics, negative results. on 19:56 - Apr 22 with 2656 viewsunion_jack

Negative tactics, negative results. on 19:54 - Apr 22 by swanseajack97

To be fair to the fans mate it’s hard to cheer that first half and after we at least tried to attack the score line was too bad already.

I take your point but you can usually hear something. I can't remember anything at all.

Negative tactics, negative results. on 19:58 - Apr 22 with 2646 viewsPrivate_Partz

If you have a decent side that can press high and hold the ball preventing the opposition getting it then you can do this.
If you have a poor and imbalanced squad you just get picked off.
We went about the game correctly today. We have a poor squad. The problem is that to play this game you need to keep high levels of concentration and put your bodies on the line. We did not do this.
Under Rogers and Laudrup we used to. If we only had 50% possession we were having a bad day. The players (with the exception of Michu) were not world class but we pulled it off.
Years of poor recruitment decisions have eroded all this and we get tw@tted with just 18% possession.
Imho if we went for them today it would have ended up a cricket score.
We lost 4 - 0 there in our first ever Premier League match but the performances were worlds apart.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Negative tactics, negative results. on 19:59 - Apr 22 with 2630 viewsmagicdaps10

The fans went to support the team but yet the twam gave them nothing to cheer about.

To think those players get their five figure weekly wage for that performance, yet some fans possibly paid a weekly wage to go up there today.

I cant question the fans commitment who went up there today, the lack of noise falls on the lap of the players.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Login to get fewer ads

Negative tactics, negative results. on 20:00 - Apr 22 with 2626 viewslifelong

Negative tactics, negative results. on 19:58 - Apr 22 by Private_Partz

If you have a decent side that can press high and hold the ball preventing the opposition getting it then you can do this.
We went about the game correctly today. We have a poor squad. The problem is that to play this game you need to keep high levels of concentration and put your bodies on the line. We did not do this.
Under Rogers and Laudrup we used to. If we only had 50% possession we were having a bad day. The players (with the exception of Michu) were not world class but we pulled it off.
Years of poor recruitment decisions have eroded all this and we get tw@tted with just 18% possession.
We lost 4 - 0 there in our first ever Premier League match but the performances were worlds apart.

5-0 is pretty close to a cricket score.
Negative tactics, negative results. on 20:02 - Apr 22 with 2614 viewsunion_jack

Negative tactics, negative results. on 19:59 - Apr 22 by magicdaps10

The fans went to support the team but yet the twam gave them nothing to cheer about.

To think those players get their five figure weekly wage for that performance, yet some fans possibly paid a weekly wage to go up there today.

I cant question the fans commitment who went up there today, the lack of noise falls on the lap of the players.

I hope my post didn't come over as critical of the support. Far from it.

They deserved better.

Negative tactics, negative results. on 20:03 - Apr 22 with 2604 viewsswanseajack97

Did you just call Palace a good side?
Negative tactics, negative results. on 20:06 - Apr 22 with 2585 viewsmagicdaps10

Negative tactics, negative results. on 20:02 - Apr 22 by union_jack

They deserved better.

I did read it that way but thanks for pointing out that it was not a knock at them.

I fully agree, they certainly deserved a lot more.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Negative tactics, negative results. on 20:08 - Apr 22 with 2575 viewsBobby_Fischer

Negative tactics, negative results. on 20:02 - Apr 22 by union_jack

They deserved better.

The SCSA don't travel away
??/

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Negative tactics, negative results. on 20:08 - Apr 22 with 2570 viewsmonmouth

Hang on, I know what you mean PP but let’s not do rose tinted. We had not a single shot that day and they hit the woodwork 4 times before they scored if I remember right. We tried to play some football but they still mangled us, and their team was nowhere near this one.

I mourn our loss of style and panache as much as anyone but that day in Manchester in 2011, I thought we might not win a game in that season we were so outclassed.

Negative tactics, negative results. on 20:10 - Apr 22 with 2553 viewsBobby_Fischer

Negative tactics, negative results. on 20:08 - Apr 22 by monmouth

Hang on, I know what you mean PP but let’s not do rose tinted. We had not a single shot that day and they hit the woodwork 4 times before they scored if I remember right. We tried to play some football but they still mangled us, and their team was nowhere near this one.

I mourn our loss of style and panache as much as anyone but that day in Manchester in 2011, I thought we might not win a game in that season we were so outclassed.

some sense

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Negative tactics, negative results. on 20:11 - Apr 22 with 2548 viewslonglostjack

Negative tactics, negative results. on 20:06 - Apr 22 by magicdaps10

I did read it that way but thanks for pointing out that it was not a knock at them.

I fully agree, they certainly deserved a lot more.

Will be delivered next week against Chelski. COYS !

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Negative tactics, negative results. on 20:13 - Apr 22 with 2530 viewsDr_Winston

That season was much the same as this one in that our fate will not be decided by results at Man City.

The situation is the same now as it was a month ago. Pick up points at home and safety will be assured. I've seen nothing to suggest we're not capable of getting at least five points from our remaining home games.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Negative tactics, negative results. on 20:25 - Apr 22 with 2466 viewslifelong

Negative tactics, negative results. on 20:13 - Apr 22 by Dr_Winston

That season was much the same as this one in that our fate will not be decided by results at Man City.

The situation is the same now as it was a month ago. Pick up points at home and safety will be assured. I've seen nothing to suggest we're not capable of getting at least five points from our remaining home games.

This season may be slightly different though, we play Chelsea at home next who still have an outside chance of a top 4 position, then our next home games are against Southampton and Stoke who will probably have to beat us to stay up and by doing so could send us down.

Will we cope with that type of pressure?
Negative tactics, negative results. on 20:28 - Apr 22 with 2444 viewsJackfath

Negative tactics, negative results. on 20:25 - Apr 22 by lifelong

This season may be slightly different though, we play Chelsea at home next who still have an outside chance of a top 4 position, then our next home games are against Southampton and Stoke who will probably have to beat us to stay up and by doing so could send us down.

Let’s hope the players can as evidently many who post on here have no chance.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Negative tactics, negative results. on 20:29 - Apr 22 with 2440 viewsmonmouth

Negative tactics, negative results. on 20:25 - Apr 22 by lifelong

It’s exciting mun. People were moaning that the end of season was boring. We might have two attempts at cup finals this year.

Negative tactics, negative results. on 20:37 - Apr 22 with 2412 viewslondonlisa2001

Negative tactics, negative results. on 20:28 - Apr 22 by Jackfath

Let’s hope the players can as evidently many who post on here have no chance.

I wàs thinking that. Blooming heck - how did people manage at the Hull game? Or Forest home for that matter. Or the Reading match?

We have two shots to nothing next. Win either one and we are probably there. Draw both and we are probably there. Even if the worst comes to the very worst, we will almost certainly have a game against Southampton where we can stay up if we win.
Negative tactics, negative results. on 20:39 - Apr 22 with 2394 viewsTheResurrection

Negative tactics, negative results. on 19:52 - Apr 22 by lifelong

Must agree with the op, to set up with 9 in defence against a quality side like Man City is doomed to failure. That was perfectly obvious after 11 minutes of the game.

You have avoided your West Brom thread when I brought it back to life. Well I'll raise it again. As we got a hard earned point there just before they went to United and won and drew with the new all conquering Liverpool??!

Seems this OP that, no surprising, you agree with, has also missed that very obvious point.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Negative tactics, negative results. on 20:41 - Apr 22 with 2374 viewsTheResurrection

Negative tactics, negative results. on 20:00 - Apr 22 by lifelong

5-0 is pretty close to a cricket score.

Your support is facking shit at the moment.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Negative tactics, negative results. on 20:43 - Apr 22 with 2359 viewsTheResurrection

EXACTLY, but all Private Parts wants to do these days is attempt to manipulate any single post into an anti Board one. His support is facking shit too.

Negative tactics, negative results. on 20:43 - Apr 22 with 2355 viewslifelong

Negative tactics, negative results. on 20:39 - Apr 22 by TheResurrection

You have avoided your West Brom thread when I brought it back to life. Well I'll raise it again. As we got a hard earned point there just before they went to United and won and drew with the new all conquering Liverpool??!

Seems this OP that, no surprising, you agree with, has also missed that very obvious point.

Correct me if i’m wrong but didn’t you say you were angry after the West Brom game?

We blew a chance a beating them because we were so negative.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024