Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread 11:51 - May 6 with 41169 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 8 May 2018 18:50]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 12:29 - May 6 with 10809 viewsAguycalledJack

Must win.
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 13:14 - May 6 with 10773 viewsjack2jack

Will win 2-1. 'Ave it 💪
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 13:23 - May 6 with 10765 viewsAl_Bundy

The club should supply everyone with a black and white flag like Derby have done in the past to raise the mood and atmosphere on the night.

Doubt we are that switched as a club to do that so hey ho !
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 14:58 - May 6 with 10684 viewsWhiterockin

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 13:14 - May 6 by jack2jack

Will win 2-1. 'Ave it 💪

We can't buy a goal at the moment let alone 2 in one game.
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 15:29 - May 6 with 10629 viewsunion_jack

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 14:58 - May 6 by Whiterockin

And THIS is the problem.

We may have more possession, more passion, work harder but we're going to have to be lucky to score more than them on current showings. I'm still believing though.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 15:42 - May 6 with 10589 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I think that this may be the year that our "luck" ran out.
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 18:05 - May 6 with 10396 viewsperplex

We will huff and puff and as the game ware`s on will start to get nervous and will probably go down to a 1 or 2 defeat I just do not have much confidence in this squad of ours and a manager who has bottled it tactics wise when he had a great opportunity to get us safely over the line.
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 19:26 - May 6 with 10285 viewsOldjack

All i know is the saints are better than us atm, plus they know how to fight, if we don't put in a Liverpool /gooners, performance it'll be curtains for us

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 19:40 - May 6 with 10245 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 19:26 - May 6 by Oldjack

All i know is the saints are better than us atm, plus they know how to fight, if we don't put in a Liverpool /gooners, performance it'll be curtains for us

Our team has very little skill and even less fight.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 20:19 - May 6 with 10169 viewsjack2jack

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 14:58 - May 6 by Whiterockin

Well we'd better bang in a couple and win, otherwise we'll be right in the sh!te.
It our survival were talking here, so blood needs to be sweat.
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 20:36 - May 6 with 10151 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 13:23 - May 6 by Al_Bundy

The club should supply everyone with a black and white flag like Derby have done in the past to raise the mood and atmosphere on the night.

Careful, a white flag is a bit cheaper.
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 21:54 - May 6 with 10045 viewsLoyal

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 20:19 - May 6 by jack2jack

Well we'd better bang in a couple and win, otherwise we'll be right in the sh!te.
It our survival were talking here, so blood needs to be sweat.

The spirit v west ham is required.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 22:42 - May 6 with 9984 viewsswanforthemoney

Get a grip boys. Let's get down the ground , cheer the lads as loud as we can and hope for the best.
We are in danger of talking ourselves out of it if we aren't careful.
Belief and support required.

I stand in the North Stand

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 22:51 - May 6 with 9943 viewsDippy

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 13:23 - May 6 by Al_Bundy

Do you genuinely believe Huw will fork out for 18,000 Flags?

He'll probably demand we all bring white hankies to rally on the players.. but when Saints turn us over 3-0.. we can wave them in the air at him at the final whistle.. like the Spanish.

Poll: Cooper Out

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 22:56 - May 6 with 9951 viewsTheKirkyLife

2-0 Southampton
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 22:59 - May 6 with 9950 viewsSwanski

It's all in our hands lads.
We have 2 home games and that is such a bonus at this stage of the season so we need to make the liberty rock. The 12th man is going to be more important than ever so lets get behind the lads. Its fair to say that this is one of the biggest games ever.
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 23:31 - May 6 with 9899 viewsJackFish

We win and they have to beat City on the last day and hope we don’t get anything against Stoke. They win and with our goal difference our only hope is passing Huddersfield (much less likely after their point today). Draw and we’re probably marginal favourites but doubt either side would be particularly happy. We’ve been pretty decent at home overall under Carvalhal, need us to get into them early like we did to West Ham and really get the crowd going.
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 23:55 - May 6 with 9870 viewsAl_Bundy

Trying to look for positives here.... we do need to play 2 up top which if we don't we'll have no chance. Southampton have 4 key players out 3 across midfield so we need to take advantage and really look to boss that area. Would I play Carroll !? not sure if he will give us that edge in the middle. 5 at the back will be suicide especially as the FB's don't get forward and this leaves one striker isolated.
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 01:11 - May 7 with 9808 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 12:29 - May 6 by AguycalledJack

Must win.

Certainly is a must win. Anything less might make our result against Stoke meaningless.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 07:03 - May 7 with 9686 viewsCaptain_Sham

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 01:11 - May 7 by SwansNZ

Certainly is a must win. Anything less might make our result against Stoke meaningless.

Enough is enough. Win. There is no try.. only do. If we lose trying to win , so be it but no more of this paralysis.
[Post edited 7 May 2018 7:04]

Its just a ride.

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 07:21 - May 7 with 9655 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 23:55 - May 6 by Al_Bundy

Trying to look for positives here.... we do need to play 2 up top which if we don't we'll have no chance. Southampton have 4 key players out 3 across midfield so we need to take advantage and really look to boss that area. Would I play Carroll !? not sure if he will give us that edge in the middle. 5 at the back will be suicide especially as the FB's don't get forward and this leaves one striker isolated.

We are playing a side who are going to having to go for it. There will be chances at the back as they leave themselves exposed.
Will five at the back be the best way forward in such circumstances?
I dunno. Kyle or young Connor are not the best at going forward and Olssen seems to have lost his mojo.
I can also see the attraction of Dyer and Nairsigh on the flanks to really exploite any gaps.
Poor Carlos, what a decision to have to make in a life and death match.
Thanks to the Devious and Incompetent One for putting us in such a situation...

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 08:30 - May 7 with 9576 viewsWhiterockin

My team to start would be.

Fabianski
Roberts Fernandez Mawson Olsson
Ki King Clucas
A Ayew J Ayew Dyer
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 08:44 - May 7 with 9554 viewssplJack

Swansea 3 - 1 Southampton

We've clearly targeted this fixture for 3 points and the team and crowd are going to be right up for it. Home advantage will tell.
The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 09:13 - May 7 with 9513 viewsSTID2017

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 19:26 - May 6 by Oldjack

If we keep telling ourselves Saints are better, they will be.
The reason they are down the bottom hanging on by a thread, like us and Hudds, is we are all rubbish.
It's just a question of us being better than them on the night.
I fancy it'll be an Ayew brothers show, with Abraham finally chipping in.
3 - 1

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 09:26 - May 7 with 9499 viewscentrestandswan

The Official Swansea City Vs Southampton FC Match Thread on 08:30 - May 7 by Whiterockin

My team to start would be.

Fabianski
Roberts Fernandez Mawson Olsson
Ki King Clucas
A Ayew J Ayew Dyer

We have five players in that team who have recently been in a Premier League survival fight, surely that experience should mean something, sadly three got relegated if I remember correctly.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024