Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change 12:23 - May 16 with 11567 viewsTheResurrection

The month of June is an important time for the Trust. It's the time they hold their elections but guess what, and it's the same every year there's virtually no mention of them.

This is the only real strategy they've ever had. One where the mechanism of the organisation doesn't get the chance to evolve or even breathe.

If the Trust had the best intentions of the Football Club and its fans at heart they'd be shouting from the rooftops that elections are due soon and doing their best to blood younger, more hungry and determined volunteers to sweep up their mess and inability to ever get things done.

They're confused, they're silent, they don't know which way to turn, what's up or down or wrong or right.

The set up we have currently with Mute Stu and Alan Lewis has been nothing short of a farce, yet they continue to hide away hoping that June will come and go so they can go back into hiding once more.

Time for Change??

Yeah. But years ago

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 12:32 - May 16 with 2979 viewsmoonie

A truly good post,have to say.
Nobody has any plans it would seem ,as regards manager ,players and the future .

It's very concerning and I cannot conceive of a multi million pound business being run in this criminal way.

I almost feel for the players even the ones who let us down over the season as no fooker knows jackshit
The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 12:34 - May 16 with 2972 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Did they find a loophole to stay on behind the x year limit or was it just forgotten about?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 12:38 - May 16 with 2943 viewsDarran

Vote Res.

Seriously though we need someone like him on the Trust.
If he’s happy to go for it everyone on here can vote to get him on board.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 12:41 - May 16 with 2945 viewsPrivate_Partz

I agree with your post but you must surely be happy with their passive stance?
The last thing you would want is legal action against the current incumbents as you support Jenkins and you are very anxious we all do the same by supporting the club as one.
A subservient Trust will surely help this position.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 12:43 - May 16 with 2922 viewsAce_Jack

The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 12:38 - May 16 by Darran

Vote Res.

That's just it though isn't it. No disrespect but sometimes he's been all talk and no trousers. Are you going for it Res? I'd vote for you.
The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 12:45 - May 16 with 2894 viewsDarran

The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 12:43 - May 16 by Ace_Jack

That's just it though isn't it. No disrespect but sometimes he's been all talk and no trousers. Are you going for it Res? I'd vote for you.

Well in all fairness to him he did try to get co-opted on a few months ago.

The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 12:47 - May 16 with 2902 viewsmoonie

And the reason why we shouldn't have a Trust as it just leads to factions squabbling with the club suffering .
We don't or shouldn't need people sticking their snouts into the running of the club but that assumes one has a club with an honest set of Owners and a Chairman of standing. We have neither and the result is this pitiful impasse where we are in doubt over the manager ,chairman and owners .

Have to say Stoke ,by contrast ,are well set up with a chairman the likes of which we can only dream of. They ve admitted mistakes and will address them . Ours haven't . I doubt they can

As I see it, we are on as dangerous a position as we were after Struel realised he d not really thought it through .

We tumbled then and we could well do the same

Sickening
The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 12:49 - May 16 with 2891 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 12:43 - May 16 by Ace_Jack

I supported his original bid.
Now I just feel we would have someone at the Trust telling us everything is fine and support the club.
If we don't we are thick and can eff off.
In short the Trust would change from quietly passive to aggressively passive.
On the plus side they would be making some noise I suppose.....

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Login to get fewer ads

The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 12:50 - May 16 with 2883 viewsAce_Jack

The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 12:45 - May 16 by Darran

Well in all fairness to him he did try to get co-opted on a few months ago.

I wasn't aware of that.

The Trust needs a dynamic change of direction. We need to be hardball with these greedy f**kers.
The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 12:51 - May 16 with 2864 viewsDarran

The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 12:49 - May 16 by Private_Partz

Now I just feel we would have someone at the Trust telling us everything is fine and support the club.

Well I’d like to see him go for it anyway.

The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 12:52 - May 16 with 2876 viewsAce_Jack

The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 12:49 - May 16 by Private_Partz

I'm starting to see why people voted for Donald Trump
The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 12:54 - May 16 with 2857 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 12:51 - May 16 by Darran

Well I’d like to see him go for it anyway.

Why?

The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 12:57 - May 16 with 2820 viewsDarran

The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 12:54 - May 16 by Private_Partz

Why?

Because he doesn’t give a shit for anyone and he won’t give a shit for the current Trust board in speaking his mind.

The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 13:05 - May 16 with 2793 viewspencoedjack

The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 12:38 - May 16 by Darran

Vote Res.

Although I agree that someone ballsy like Chris is needed on the trust, his pro Jenkins view mean I could never vote for him.
The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 13:11 - May 16 with 2768 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 12:57 - May 16 by Darran

Because he doesn’t give a shit for anyone and he won’t give a shit for the current Trust board in speaking his mind.

Fair point. But surely they are of the same mind?
He wants us to support Jenkins and the Trust currently are aiding this with their relative silence?

The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 13:22 - May 16 with 2724 viewsNookiejack

I came to the conclusion a few months ago - when they changed the 12 year rule for maximum service and tried to dress it up that Supporters Direct were driving the changes - when in fact it was their decision - that the only way for change is for another group to get organised which can stand for election and take control of the Trust Board.

This would be akin to a political party standing for election.

That 'party' should have a clear manifesto of what it stands for.

That Group would need to understand how many people it would need to get elected to the Trust Board and how many votes each person would need to obtain to achieve this.

In my view unless something like this happens - all the continuing OPs/posts are just hot air and really a waste of time. Nothing will change. Going back to my earlier point they even changed the 12 year rule for maximum service on the Board.

The Trust Board I think have had the best intentions but they have got the strategy totally wrong. Goodness knows what the Trust's £20m at stake is now worth. Rainy day fund for a long term professional club in Swansea?

I live too far away from Swansea to get involved - I would if I lived in Swansea. A Group needs to get organised and stand for elections - they need to have enough votes from members in the bag to do this.

I will vote for this Group.
The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 13:36 - May 16 with 2661 viewsNookiejack

The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 13:22 - May 16 by Nookiejack

I came to the conclusion a few months ago - when they changed the 12 year rule for maximum service and tried to dress it up that Supporters Direct were driving the changes - when in fact it was their decision - that the only way for change is for another group to get organised which can stand for election and take control of the Trust Board.

This would be akin to a political party standing for election.

That 'party' should have a clear manifesto of what it stands for.

That Group would need to understand how many people it would need to get elected to the Trust Board and how many votes each person would need to obtain to achieve this.

In my view unless something like this happens - all the continuing OPs/posts are just hot air and really a waste of time. Nothing will change. Going back to my earlier point they even changed the 12 year rule for maximum service on the Board.

The Trust Board I think have had the best intentions but they have got the strategy totally wrong. Goodness knows what the Trust's £20m at stake is now worth. Rainy day fund for a long term professional club in Swansea?

I live too far away from Swansea to get involved - I would if I lived in Swansea. A Group needs to get organised and stand for elections - they need to have enough votes from members in the bag to do this.

I will vote for this Group.

This appear to be the nomination form from last year.

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Trust-Board-Nomination-2

It looks like if you want to stand you need to be nominated by six members.

I will support the nomination - for each person of the new Group. So you only need another five members to do the same.

Last year it looked like there were six vacancies - i assume there is some rotation so does that mean the other six will have to stand for election this year?

If there were six vacancies this year - then probably best that only six people from the new Group stand - as you don't want to dilute the votes of the new Group.

Maybe ECB, Londonlisa could stand as full members and hopefully people like the Res (given he put himself forward last time for the non-elected role) plus Chad and a couple of others?

Just need to then understand how many votes will be needed to take control - as you can bet the current Trust Board will vote for each other.
The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 13:44 - May 16 with 2630 viewsMattG

The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 13:36 - May 16 by Nookiejack

This appear to be the nomination form from last year.

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Trust-Board-Nomination-2

It looks like if you want to stand you need to be nominated by six members.

I will support the nomination - for each person of the new Group. So you only need another five members to do the same.

Last year it looked like there were six vacancies - i assume there is some rotation so does that mean the other six will have to stand for election this year?

If there were six vacancies this year - then probably best that only six people from the new Group stand - as you don't want to dilute the votes of the new Group.

Maybe ECB, Londonlisa could stand as full members and hopefully people like the Res (given he put himself forward last time for the non-elected role) plus Chad and a couple of others?

Just need to then understand how many votes will be needed to take control - as you can bet the current Trust Board will vote for each other.

According to the website, 4 of the 8 "full" board members are up for re-election this year plus all six of the co-opted members (including ECB). Not sure how it works for affiliates (Lisa).

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/meet-the-trust-board/
The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 13:44 - May 16 with 2629 viewsN_T_J

The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 12:57 - May 16 by Darran

True that, that is what is needed, someone who is not affraid to speak their mind.
The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 13:46 - May 16 with 2617 views34dfgdf54

The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 13:05 - May 16 by pencoedjack

Although I agree that someone ballsy like Chris is needed on the trust, his pro Jenkins view mean I could never vote for him.

Same with me.

Appreciate it that Chris never sits on the fence and says how he feels at all times, but his support of Jenkins means I couldn't put a vote in for him.

I can understand his calls for the club to unite in these times, but I honestly don't know how that is possible with Jenkins at the forefront.
[Post edited 16 May 2018 13:47]
The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 13:53 - May 16 with 2583 viewsNookiejack

The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 13:44 - May 16 by MattG

According to the website, 4 of the 8 "full" board members are up for re-election this year plus all six of the co-opted members (including ECB). Not sure how it works for affiliates (Lisa).

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/meet-the-trust-board/

So does that mean 4 people from a new Group need to stand - as the 6 co-opted members will be decided by the Trust Board?
The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 13:55 - May 16 with 2576 viewsmoonie

I'm not sure Chris is supporting Jenkins as regards him staying rather appreciating what he sees is Jenkins legacy .Entirely different .

I ve no doubt he is a white hot Swansea City fan ,the likes of which we need more of, but I cannot imagine anyone at all being supportive of Jenkins as continuing in his role .

He has overseen a colossal cluster feck of missed opportunities,bad sales,worse purchases and any moral fa doc ripped form our club

And yes, I was in favour of A sale .I still am more than ever
The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 13:55 - May 16 with 2575 viewsNookiejack

The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 13:53 - May 16 by Nookiejack

So does that mean 4 people from a new Group need to stand - as the 6 co-opted members will be decided by the Trust Board?

Given the number of posters on here who criticise the ineffectiveness of the Trust Board - surely 4 members from a new Group can gain enough votes to become elected.

I would nominate:-

1. ECB
2. Londonlisa
3. CHAD
4. The Res
The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 13:56 - May 16 with 2573 viewsTheResurrection

The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 12:41 - May 16 by Private_Partz

I agree with your post but you must surely be happy with their passive stance?
The last thing you would want is legal action against the current incumbents as you support Jenkins and you are very anxious we all do the same by supporting the club as one.
A subservient Trust will surely help this position.

I support Swansea City and I'm not so blind as to dig myself in a trench of one view without weighing up all consequence or eventualities.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 13:56 - May 16 with 2569 viewsMattG

The Trust have no plan or strategy. Time for Change on 13:53 - May 16 by Nookiejack

Presumably - members certainly had no say on the last choice of co-optees.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024