Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Llanrhidian,Gower 20:29 - Aug 16 with 8393 viewstaffpunk

My Swansea supporting friends[enemies even!], I need some advice about this area. I'm staying in my son's caravan next week for a few days, any recommendations for decent Pubs and places to eat nearby? Best local beach? In fact any tips about the area would be appreciated, I'll do the same for you if you ever decide to sample the delights of the Rhondda Valleys!

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Llanrhidian,Gower on 20:33 - Aug 16 with 6350 viewsDan_Swan

The Dolphin is a tidy pub as is the Greyhound (both in Llanrhidian), the Greyhound does some tidy grub and also real ales.

Was there earlier and can recommend the Steak & Ale pie & home made chips!

The King Arthur a little drive, it's in Reynoldston, some nice food there & I'm also hearing good things about the Railway in Penclawdd, you'll pass it on the bends on your way to Llanrhidian.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2016 20:37]

Still following Dr's orders!

Llanrhidian,Gower on 20:40 - Aug 16 with 6328 viewsJackfath

Champers on High Street is a good night out.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Llanrhidian,Gower on 20:47 - Aug 16 with 6309 viewsHumpty

Best beach down that way is Llangennith. Brittania Inn in Llanmadoc is supposed to be nice.
Llanrhidian,Gower on 20:54 - Aug 16 with 6284 viewsDan_Swan

Llanrhidian,Gower on 20:47 - Aug 16 by Humpty

Best beach down that way is Llangennith. Brittania Inn in Llanmadoc is supposed to be nice.

To get to the Brit, it's the first right after the Greyhound, it's a few miles, maybe 3-4 miles through country lanes but that is very nice too!

Good shout Humpty!

Still following Dr's orders!

Llanrhidian,Gower on 20:58 - Aug 16 with 6270 viewsjack247

The Greyhound and Welcome to Town are both nice pubs, never been to the Dolphin. Don't think there is anywhere else within working distance.

Hillend, just past Llangenith village is a popular beach and a short drive. So is Broughton and Whitford Sands. Three Cliffs and Rhosilli are the beaches with the best scenery, Port Eynon and Oxwich are more touristy with pubs, chip shops etc. all are within about 15 minutes drive. Just drive across Cefn Bryn into South Gower
Llanrhidian,Gower on 21:02 - Aug 16 with 6259 viewsDr_Winston

The Dolphin is fairly small and didn't do food last time I was there, but has a lovely beer garden.

The Britannia is an excellent pub, again with a cracking beer garden and it's own aviary. Think it does food too.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Llanrhidian,Gower on 21:08 - Aug 16 with 6243 viewsjack247

Llanrhidian,Gower on 21:02 - Aug 16 by Dr_Winston

The Dolphin is fairly small and didn't do food last time I was there, but has a lovely beer garden.

The Britannia is an excellent pub, again with a cracking beer garden and it's own aviary. Think it does food too.

The food there is pretty good. Cracking views from the beer garden too. More of a drive than a walk from Llanrhidian though
Llanrhidian,Gower on 21:09 - Aug 16 with 6231 viewslifelong

It's a fair drive to get to good beaches near Llanrhidian, Llangennith has already been mentioned but it's worth the drive on a nice day, you'll have to drive over Cefn Bryn to get to Oxwich and 3 Cliffs.
If you feel adventurous drive down to Rhosilli and walk the coastal path back and you'll come across some delightful small coves and beaches, plus, the scenery is some of he best you'll see anywhere.
Login to get fewer ads

Llanrhidian,Gower on 21:41 - Aug 16 with 6184 viewsdickythorpe

Britannia inn, Llanmadoc. You can walk to beaches from there past a community shop that has a cafe
Llanrhidian,Gower on 00:17 - Aug 17 with 6036 viewsTNT

Mrs TNT and I did Rhosilli coastal walk today. Pub overlooking Rhosilli beach and Worm's Head does a decent meal. Sit inside or out and enjoy breathtaking views from a number of vantage points.

Don't make same mistake as a couple of people today, who ignored signs warning of tides, leaving them marooned on Worm's Head. Coastguard came to their rescue.
It was like something from Trumpton / Camberwick Green as we joined an ever increasing, mumbling, huddle of people watching events unfold.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Llanrhidian,Gower on 00:23 - Aug 17 with 6028 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Llanrhidian,Gower on 00:17 - Aug 17 by TNT

Mrs TNT and I did Rhosilli coastal walk today. Pub overlooking Rhosilli beach and Worm's Head does a decent meal. Sit inside or out and enjoy breathtaking views from a number of vantage points.

Don't make same mistake as a couple of people today, who ignored signs warning of tides, leaving them marooned on Worm's Head. Coastguard came to their rescue.
It was like something from Trumpton / Camberwick Green as we joined an ever increasing, mumbling, huddle of people watching events unfold.

I'm going to bet they were foreigners. Probably from the med, as tides are an unknown quantity to them

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Llanrhidian,Gower on 06:56 - Aug 17 with 5945 viewsDr_Winston

There's enough warning signs up.

The weather wasn't inclement. All they had to do was wait for the tide to go back out. Coastguard should have left them there.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Llanrhidian,Gower on 08:46 - Aug 17 with 5885 viewstaffpunk

Thanks a lot for the advice, will check out the Pubs mentioned. As for the beach, depends on the weather next week. Cheers everyone.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Llanrhidian,Gower on 08:50 - Aug 17 with 5866 viewsJackfath

My pleasure taffpunk. Have an enjoyable break.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Llanrhidian,Gower on 09:48 - Aug 17 with 5815 viewsdickythorpe

Llanrhidian,Gower on 08:46 - Aug 17 by taffpunk

Thanks a lot for the advice, will check out the Pubs mentioned. As for the beach, depends on the weather next week. Cheers everyone.

Would you please report back to us. Thank you in advance.
Llanrhidian,Gower on 10:40 - Aug 17 with 5781 viewsBadgeman

Unfortunately there aren't any beaches within walking distance from the campsite in Llanrhidian but there are some cracking beaches within a 15 minute or so drive.

Head down to LLangennith and you'll have the choice of two pretty tidy beaches. Rhossili Bay is obviously the world famous one which is great for surfers. Broughton Bay is a very nice and a lot quieter than Rhossili. It's just a short walk through the campsite and last time I was down there they had a shop selling cold beers and ice cream!

The best pub for food is probably the Britannia Inn and the best pub for beer is either the Kings Head or the Greyhound. The Gower brewery stuff is absolutely top notch. The Purple Badger bar on the the campsite you're staying at also does food and has Sky Sports.

The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason.
Poll: Is Huw's position untenable?

Llanrhidian,Gower on 13:27 - Aug 17 with 5700 viewsGowerjack

Llanrhidian,Gower on 06:56 - Aug 17 by Dr_Winston

There's enough warning signs up.

The weather wasn't inclement. All they had to do was wait for the tide to go back out. Coastguard should have left them there.

The trouble with that is the temptation to attempt to swim back.

And then you will drown.

Every time.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Llanrhidian,Gower on 13:31 - Aug 17 with 5691 viewsJackfath

Llanrhidian,Gower on 13:27 - Aug 17 by Gowerjack

The trouble with that is the temptation to attempt to swim back.

And then you will drown.

Every time.

Would Adam Peaty drown if he were to swim it?

There was a rescue in The Mumbles yesterday too as well as on The Gower.

Llanrhidian,Gower on 14:08 - Aug 17 with 5662 viewsDevz00

The Greyhound does good pub grub. They have Gower Brewery stock there so try the Gower Gold if you like your real ales.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Llanrhidian,Gower on 15:11 - Aug 17 with 5617 viewsBadgeman

Llanrhidian,Gower on 14:08 - Aug 17 by Devz00

The Greyhound does good pub grub. They have Gower Brewery stock there so try the Gower Gold if you like your real ales.

Or the Gower Power. 5 pints of that can get you a bit silly.

The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason.
Poll: Is Huw's position untenable?

Llanrhidian,Gower on 15:14 - Aug 17 with 5611 viewsjack247

Llanrhidian,Gower on 13:31 - Aug 17 by Jackfath

Probably. I doubt he would be enough of an idiot to get himself stranded on worms head though, so he should be safe
Llanrhidian,Gower on 16:11 - Aug 17 with 5579 viewsCopperJack

The Greyhound Inn is the brewery behind the Gower Brewery ales, so they have a fantastic selection. You're also not far from Llangenith, which is a brilliant village with a lovely pub (the King's Head) and a short walk to the beach (although I'd probably advise driving it).

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

Llanrhidian,Gower on 17:23 - Aug 17 with 5545 viewsPhaedrus

http://www.kingsheadgower.co.uk/

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Llanrhidian,Gower on 17:55 - Aug 17 with 5516 viewsFlashberryjack

Llanrhidian,Gower on 13:31 - Aug 17 by Jackfath

Yeah I was down in Verdis yesterday and I saw the life boat coming back, don't know what happened though.
Also a motorcyclist had a bump on Oystermouth road, all happening down there.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Llanrhidian,Gower on 18:14 - Aug 17 with 5498 viewsLoyal

Get a photo taken in your bondage trousers have a pint of best and post it on Anus's website, you can tell them you took the pub single handed, they will love you for that 👍😂

Have a great time, family time is the best.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024