Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The silence 19:44 - May 30 with 3367 viewsmagicdaps10

Aside from a pathetic pre recorded interview with Leigh Dineen, the silence from the board is pathetic. Surely some sort of PR should have been arranged, possibly with a nice 2 page spread in the EP, the one we have read in previous seasons after survival etc.

For me, the heads down ploy is not good enough and us fans deserve a few answers and explanations.....ideas on what the plan/next step after our relegation is.

What are peoples views on this, agree or disagree?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The silence on 19:56 - May 30 with 2213 viewsswancity

These are turbulent times, self inflicted as well, for our Club. It's reaching a crossroads and it could go one of two ways. Down the pan is one way. It's in a mess.
Appointing a 1st team Manager and staff is the clear priority but so is sorting out the running of the Club as it's a rudderless ship at the moment. Jenkins needs to sling his hook prints as do the others but that leaves the Americans and they seem to be fairly clueless. It's shambolic in one word.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

The silence on 19:57 - May 30 with 2206 viewsswancity

The silence on 19:56 - May 30 by swancity

These are turbulent times, self inflicted as well, for our Club. It's reaching a crossroads and it could go one of two ways. Down the pan is one way. It's in a mess.
Appointing a 1st team Manager and staff is the clear priority but so is sorting out the running of the Club as it's a rudderless ship at the moment. Jenkins needs to sling his hook prints as do the others but that leaves the Americans and they seem to be fairly clueless. It's shambolic in one word.

Sling his hook pronto that should have said

The silence on 19:59 - May 30 with 2193 viewsmax936

The season only finished 2.1/2 weeks ago mun.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The silence on 20:02 - May 30 with 2173 viewsdickythorpe

The silence on 19:59 - May 30 by max936

Max, don't be an ostrich.

You are better than that.

Jenkins is hiding.

A coward max, you don't like them. I know that.
The silence on 20:04 - May 30 with 2166 viewsmagicdaps10

Still too early for any plan of action put to the fans?

I believe that Huw should have been giving his ideas and thoughts through the EP within a week of the seasons end, exactly as he has done in previous seasons.

The silence on 20:07 - May 30 with 2151 viewsmax936

The silence on 20:02 - May 30 by dickythorpe

Jenkins is hiding.

I forgot the mun

The silence on 20:08 - May 30 with 2147 viewsmagicdaps10

The silence on 20:02 - May 30 by dickythorpe

Jenkins is hiding.

I believe he is hiding. I fully expect him to rear his head once the new manager is appointed.

There will be defence that the silence is because we have no manager and it will break once that man is appointed. I still believe there should have been more interaction than there has been.

An A4 page statement from Steve and Jason, a truly awful interview with Dineen does not wash.

The silence on 20:12 - May 30 with 2131 viewsmax936

The silence on 20:04 - May 30 by magicdaps10

Still too early for any plan of action put to the fans?

I believe that Huw should have been giving his ideas and thoughts through the EP within a week of the seasons end, exactly as he has done in previous seasons.

You know my feelings mun, there's only so many times I can repeat those feelings, Im slightly fearful of our future and nothing I'm hearing or seeing is changing that feeling

Login to get fewer ads

The silence on 20:24 - May 30 with 2065 viewsmagicdaps10

The silence on 20:12 - May 30 by max936

You know my feelings mun, there's only so many times I can repeat those feelings, Im slightly fearful of our future and nothing I'm hearing or seeing is changing that feeling

I live in hope rather than naivety but must agree like you I am fearful of our future.

The silence on 20:26 - May 30 with 2054 viewsJonathans_coat

The silence on 20:08 - May 30 by magicdaps10

I believe he is hiding. I fully expect him to rear his head once the new manager is appointed.

There will be defence that the silence is because we have no manager and it will break once that man is appointed. I still believe there should have been more interaction than there has been.

An A4 page statement from Steve and Jason, a truly awful interview with Dineen does not wash.

We just suffered relegation, after 2/3 years of turmoil changing managers twice a season. The board/owners/chairman in total have issued a stock statement of empty platitudes, with a blantent “non apology” where they admitted only partial blame.

In any other team, or in fact company in the world a comprehensive statement would have been issued within days, and an evaluation review carried out, and within a week or so, a plan of action would be annouced to put right what has gone wrong.

A short, vague and bland statement is unacceptable.

Total silence from the Chairman is unacceptable.

A wishy washy pre-recorded “interview” with the vice-chairman where he basically absolves himself of any responsibility is unacceptable.

The whole outfit smacks of amateur hour at the moment, it’s utterly pathetic leadership and a frankly incompetent way to run a business
The silence on 20:39 - May 30 with 2001 viewsjack2jack

Let's lay out the facts here so everyone is clear.
The season ended a couple of weeks ago, it's holiday time, fine, there is one slight problem here.
We've have been relegated from the richest league in the world. HJ is conspicuous by his absence, so too are our American owners.
Let's look at this in detail.We have a multi million pound business, which for all intents and purposes, has a closed sign on the front door.
We have no manager/Head coach, no back room staff.
We have playing staff who have left or said they want to leave, and by my calculation, we need at least 5 or 6 senior players who will need replacing, if we are going to be competitive next season.
We have lost the TV money, advertising revenue streams, oh and top it all we don't have a shirt sponser.
The fans, who I think are quite important to a football club, don't know what day it is or what direction we are heading in, because we have heard the square root of fook all from anyone inside the club, apart from LD who didn't seem to know half the answers to the questions put to him.
Now then if anyone can tell me that everything is fine, then please let me know, that is when you've caught the last train from lala land down to planet earth.
To be Frank, it's a complete and utter mess.
The silence on 20:40 - May 30 with 1994 viewsN_T_J

Sarcasm there 😁
The silence on 20:41 - May 30 with 1986 viewsmax936

The silence on 20:39 - May 30 by jack2jack

The season ended a couple of weeks ago, it's holiday time, fine, there is one slight problem here.
We've have been relegated from the richest league in the world. HJ is conspicuous by his absence, so too are our American owners.
Let's look at this in detail.We have a multi million pound business, which for all intents and purposes, has a closed sign on the front door.
We have playing staff who have left or said they want to leave, and by my calculation, we need at least 5 or 6 senior players who will need replacing, if we are going to be competitive next season.
We have lost the TV money, advertising revenue streams, oh and top it all we don't have a shirt sponser.
The fans, who I think are quite important to a football club, don't know what day it is or what direction we are heading in, because we have heard the square root of fook all from anyone inside the club, apart from LD who didn't seem to know half the answers to the questions put to him.
Now then if anyone can tell me that everything is fine, then please let me know, that is when you've caught the last train from lala land down to planet earth.

Oh he knew the answers alright, but it wasn't in his remit to say mun.

The silence on 20:47 - May 30 with 1948 viewspencoedjack

Top post
The silence on 20:49 - May 30 with 1941 viewsjack2jack

The silence on 20:41 - May 30 by max936

Oh he knew the answers alright, but it wasn't in his remit to say mun.

Well there another question that need answering!
The silence on 21:11 - May 30 with 1876 viewslonglostjack

Excellent post.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The silence on 21:34 - May 30 with 1803 viewsjacksfullaces

you sort of realise for all the posturing on this message board, for all the ideas, sensible or otherwise, the club can do what it wants, and there is not a lot we can do about it.

Yes, a bit of chanting when the season starts, a few abusive messages on social media, perhaps even some sensible criticism in the mainstream media.

the current state of affairs puts us well in our place, and we have gone from what used to feel like a fans run club, open and transparent, to a dictatorship.

jenkins providing no explanation as to the current thinking, next steps is quite insulting to the fans that care. but also tells us where we stand. and perhaps shows us that we think we have more of a stake in this football club than is actually the case.

at the end of the day, our investment is emotional, the real investors call the shots and decide what to communicate, or not communicate.

sad though, the fans should be quite integral. but perhaps they know that only a handful of fans really care about the day to day machinations, most just want to see 11 players in white on a Saturday afternoon.
The silence on 21:37 - May 30 with 1787 viewsswan65split

Only one thing wrong there, it should be:
it's a complete and utter fecking mess of disastrous proportions.
The silence on 21:44 - May 30 with 1748 viewsJonathans_coat

The silence on 21:34 - May 30 by jacksfullaces

you sort of realise for all the posturing on this message board, for all the ideas, sensible or otherwise, the club can do what it wants, and there is not a lot we can do about it.

Yes, a bit of chanting when the season starts, a few abusive messages on social media, perhaps even some sensible criticism in the mainstream media.

the current state of affairs puts us well in our place, and we have gone from what used to feel like a fans run club, open and transparent, to a dictatorship.

jenkins providing no explanation as to the current thinking, next steps is quite insulting to the fans that care. but also tells us where we stand. and perhaps shows us that we think we have more of a stake in this football club than is actually the case.

at the end of the day, our investment is emotional, the real investors call the shots and decide what to communicate, or not communicate.

sad though, the fans should be quite integral. but perhaps they know that only a handful of fans really care about the day to day machinations, most just want to see 11 players in white on a Saturday afternoon.

If anything, I think the silence shows us what they really think of the fans. No need to tell us anything, because we don’t matter to them.

It’s like a company that’s grown too big and forgotten where it’s come from. Customers no longer matter, only shareholders.
[Post edited 30 May 2018 21:47]
The silence on 21:46 - May 30 with 1740 viewsmax936

The lacklustre Trust has to take the blame for the Fans lethargy in fairness, if they had been far more reactive than they've been, things may well be different.

The silence on 21:47 - May 30 with 1728 viewsjack2jack

Agree, but that's why we come on here, to talk to like minded people who actually give a damn, because the way I see it nobody else does.👍
The silence on 22:01 - May 30 with 1692 viewsJonathans_coat

The silence on 21:46 - May 30 by max936

The lacklustre Trust has to take the blame for the Fans lethargy in fairness, if they had been far more reactive than they've been, things may well be different.

On “fan lethargy” I think the majority still don’t really grasp what’s happened to he club. A taxi driver told me we couldn’t really blame the Americans, because after all they’ve put £100m into the club. He couldn’t understand (despite several attempts to explain) that none of that money has been invested into the club at all!

Most casual fans I speak to still think Huw is some kind of benevolent fan/owner who single handedly guided the Swans from L2 to the Premier league!

Despite everything, the propaganda has still embedded itself. Once an opinion is formed, it is difficult to change. That’s why all the JTAK and next level nonsense is so worrying, most just accept the official story as first reported.
The silence on 08:36 - May 31 with 1431 viewsswancity

The silence on 22:01 - May 30 by Jonathans_coat

On “fan lethargy” I think the majority still don’t really grasp what’s happened to he club. A taxi driver told me we couldn’t really blame the Americans, because after all they’ve put £100m into the club. He couldn’t understand (despite several attempts to explain) that none of that money has been invested into the club at all!

Most casual fans I speak to still think Huw is some kind of benevolent fan/owner who single handedly guided the Swans from L2 to the Premier league!

Despite everything, the propaganda has still embedded itself. Once an opinion is formed, it is difficult to change. That’s why all the JTAK and next level nonsense is so worrying, most just accept the official story as first reported.

"Most" did. "Most" proper / passionate Swans fans don't just accept anything any longer. Everything is now rightly being questioned. Hopefully if the Trust grow a pair it'll all come out in Court.

The silence on 09:08 - May 31 with 1377 viewsdobjack2

The silence on 08:36 - May 31 by swancity

"Most" did. "Most" proper / passionate Swans fans don't just accept anything any longer. Everything is now rightly being questioned. Hopefully if the Trust grow a pair it'll all come out in Court.

There are still a lot out there still lapping up the bs from the board and it’s tame journalists
The silence on 09:10 - May 31 with 1368 viewscostalotta

As fans, We have the football club we deserve. I am not knocking the fans by the way. But, apathy ruled for too long and they’ve been allowed to get away with running down the business. So much sense in this thread.

The club have not been policed by the Trust, many fans blindly believed HJ could do no wrong and we for some reason the club has completely lost its bottle, I mean throughout the club.

We have no direction, and haven’t for years. We have no leader at the club. We have no manager at the club. We will start to run out of players very soon and if the manager and leadership is not sorted is anyone confident we will have a squad to compete next season.

I’m not say that the board and owners do not want to go up. I’m questioning their ability and determination to make that happen whether it be short or medium term.

No matter what some might at HJ and the rest of them have to go. We need that TD or DOF appointed asap. Ideally before the manager. I live in hope and either way we will all be there supporting the team on the pitch. Spending our cash on refreshments during match time and merchandise at other times. We do our bit and it’s about time they do theirs and create an environment for success.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024