Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Aberavon Beach earlier 12:19 - Jan 6 with 2482 viewsDarran

Its not often you see the pier underwater.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Aberavon Beach earlier on 12:29 - Jan 6 with 2458 viewstreboethjack

I was watching sky news broadcasting from Aberystwyth earlier, wouldn't fancy being on the sea front there right now! the sea wall is crumbling away and debris being thrown all over the place as well as slates falling from the roofs.

Tim gorau Cymru ers 1912

Aberavon Beach earlier on 15:24 - Jan 6 with 2371 viewsCountyJim

Darran down the harbour on weekend the harbour road was covered in drift wood and poor old fish swept up onto the road the tide was that high they had to stop unloading ships they where to high in the water
Aberavon Beach earlier on 17:31 - Jan 6 with 2261 viewsmax936

Aberavon Beach earlier on 12:29 - Jan 6 by treboethjack

I was watching sky news broadcasting from Aberystwyth earlier, wouldn't fancy being on the sea front there right now! the sea wall is crumbling away and debris being thrown all over the place as well as slates falling from the roofs.

Without being insensitive, the storms have done the people of Aberystwyth a favour, spent a day up there in the Summer and the place was in dire need of an upgrade, it used to be a lovely place, but time had more than caught up with it, its a case of having to do it now.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Aberavon Beach earlier on 18:37 - Jan 6 with 2209 viewsRancid

I've been in Lampeter all day and the flooding there is really bad.West Wales getting the full brunt of it all.
Aberavon Beach earlier on 19:33 - Jan 6 with 2128 viewsmax936

Aberavon Beach earlier on 18:37 - Jan 6 by Rancid

I've been in Lampeter all day and the flooding there is really bad.West Wales getting the full brunt of it all.

They just said on news that their fearing the worse, Aberystwyth is most at risk due to the sea defence that was there, that as been decimated, really hope it doesn't turn out that bad for them.

Aberavon Beach earlier on 19:38 - Jan 6 with 2120 viewsDarran

Aberavon Beach earlier on 19:33 - Jan 6 by max936

They just said on news that their fearing the worse, Aberystwyth is most at risk due to the sea defence that was there, that as been decimated, really hope it doesn't turn out that bad for them.

Make ew f*cking mind up earlier you reckoned they were lucky it happened.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Aberavon Beach earlier on 19:44 - Jan 6 with 2096 viewsRancid

Aberavon Beach earlier on 19:33 - Jan 6 by max936

I went to a funeral up there and I kid you not they had to pump the water out of the hole that was dug to drop the coffin in.It was horrible down there and fields were turned into rivers.
Aberavon Beach earlier on 19:47 - Jan 6 with 2091 viewsmax936

Aberavon Beach earlier on 19:38 - Jan 6 by Darran

Make ew f*cking mind up earlier you reckoned they were lucky it happened.

Well its more than suffered enough now in all fairness and after seeing the damage that has been done to the old victorian shelter it must be heartbreaking for the local communtiy.

There area needs modernising, but its gonna cost a lot more than just an upgrade now.

Login to get fewer ads

Aberavon Beach earlier on 07:45 - Jan 7 with 1969 viewsQuakerJack

Quite common site around September and April for the pier to be submerged. Tends to get big tides but that's not necessarily due to weather, just tidal patterns. Aberavon does have excellent sea defences. I used to surf down the Av years ago and I hated the council for building the breakwater but it's helped massively as the old steps were eroding pretty badly.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Aberavon Beach earlier on 04:06 - Jun 1 with 1313 viewsmajorraglan

Visited Aberavon Beach yesterday for the first time in a long while yesterday, the place was looking good. Fantastic weather and the tide was out exposing miles of golden sand. Lots of families walking on the prom and plenty of kids enjoying themselves on the beach and in the play areas. There’s also a couple of tody places for a cuppa, got to give some credit to the council for doing good job.

We also went to Swansea,the Bay Campus at the University is certainly growing and is impressive. It was the first time in a while I have driven through the centre, what a nightmare. So many roads being dug up or changed and it was all poorly signed, Swansea City Council need to sort it and themselves out.

We are fortunate to have such a splendid coastline on our door step, let’s hope those in power can show some imagination and vision and use the areas assets to boost its fortunes.
Aberavon Beach earlier on 09:18 - Jun 1 with 1085 viewsLord_Bony

When its hot and sunny the place is beautiful. Love taking my bike down there by myself, leave the wife and kids behind, just headphones up and down the seafront then maybe lunch on the veranda of that nice restaurant overlooking the sea reading the newspaper... magic.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Aberavon Beach earlier on 09:50 - Jun 1 with 1016 viewsLeonWasGod

Aberavon Beach earlier on 04:06 - Jun 1 by majorraglan

Visited Aberavon Beach yesterday for the first time in a long while yesterday, the place was looking good. Fantastic weather and the tide was out exposing miles of golden sand. Lots of families walking on the prom and plenty of kids enjoying themselves on the beach and in the play areas. There’s also a couple of tody places for a cuppa, got to give some credit to the council for doing good job.

We also went to Swansea,the Bay Campus at the University is certainly growing and is impressive. It was the first time in a while I have driven through the centre, what a nightmare. So many roads being dug up or changed and it was all poorly signed, Swansea City Council need to sort it and themselves out.

We are fortunate to have such a splendid coastline on our door step, let’s hope those in power can show some imagination and vision and use the areas assets to boost its fortunes.

Swansea centre has been a perpetual roadworks for as long as I can remember. Council continuously waste money on it; their highways dept seem utterly incompetent. Rubbish road layouts and flow directions, traffic lights everywhere causing major jams, hammering motorists and causing more jams by removing on-street parking, etc., etc. The only bit they’ve got right is the new paving around the museum.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024