Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reality 11:47 - Jun 24 with 2558 viewsParsSwans

This week past has really seen reality hit home fixtures released trips to Rotherham and Ipswich etc and our best player gone with only 6 weeks to our first game I think we are in more poop than most realise.still probably another 5 players to go minimum and who comes in depends on how quick we get them out. Thing is we may be late out of blocks and behind where I expect us to be which is mid table then it could and most probably will get hell of a lot worse. Happy with the freshness that Potter May bring but in reality again his lot may be chucked at him in this situation and we end up in same position we do every winter
Reality on 11:51 - Jun 24 with 2229 viewsAl_Bundy

On the bright side... its not raining
Reality on 12:02 - Jun 24 with 2202 viewsParsSwans

Agree it’s not raining but we are going from Fabianski to Nordfellt from Mawson and Fernandez to who? Lose a few more and our squad will be the standard to the level we will be playing in two seasons League 1. Not doom and gloom but reality i just don’t hold any confidence in Mr Jenkins that the plans have been put in place to replace and build a new team I’ll go for this to be our team next year
Nordefellt
Roberts
vDH
Bartley
Olsson
Dyer
Carroll
Fer
Routledge
Mc Burnie
AN other

Wow fills me with such optimism
Reality on 12:11 - Jun 24 with 2176 viewsspiderboy

Reality on 12:02 - Jun 24 by ParsSwans

Agree it’s not raining but we are going from Fabianski to Nordfellt from Mawson and Fernandez to who? Lose a few more and our squad will be the standard to the level we will be playing in two seasons League 1. Not doom and gloom but reality i just don’t hold any confidence in Mr Jenkins that the plans have been put in place to replace and build a new team I’ll go for this to be our team next year
Nordefellt
Roberts
vDH
Bartley
Olsson
Dyer
Carroll
Fer
Routledge
Mc Burnie
AN other

The suns out,go grab a sunbed fill your head with icecream and relax ,there are many worrying things in life,but footballs not one of them,
Reality on 12:17 - Jun 24 with 2154 viewsParsSwans

Reality on 12:11 - Jun 24 by spiderboy

The suns out,go grab a sunbed fill your head with icecream and relax ,there are many worrying things in life,but footballs not one of them,

I ain’t worried just preparing for meltdown come October when everyone is shocked we will be lower half and expecting better things, I’m cool just stating the glaringly obvious 😂
Reality on 12:22 - Jun 24 with 2142 views34dfgdf54

Reality on 12:17 - Jun 24 by ParsSwans

I ain’t worried just preparing for meltdown come October when everyone is shocked we will be lower half and expecting better things, I’m cool just stating the glaringly obvious 😂

Top half would be a cracking season in my opinion.
Reality on 12:42 - Jun 24 with 2105 viewsParsSwans

Agree Risca it would be at this point in time absolutely stabilise and then go and build after that
Reality on 13:20 - Jun 24 with 2069 viewsRevJames

Nordefellt
Roberts
vDH
Bartley
Olsson
Dyer
Carroll
Fer
Routledge
Mc Burnie
AN other

We have plans?
Reality on 13:55 - Jun 24 with 2024 viewsAl_Bundy

Nordefellt
Roberts
vDH
Bartley
Olsson
Dyer
Carroll
Fer
Routledge
Mc Burnie
AN other

That line up is bottom 3 material as it stands.
Login to get fewer ads

Reality on 13:58 - Jun 24 with 2012 viewsPhil_S

It's good to see that we have learned the mistakes of the past two seasons and are getting our business done early to maximise our pre-season time with the squad

The definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over and expecting different results

The silence from the club since the end of last season is pathetic

At least though we have the official Twitter feed reminding us on a frequent basis how good we were once were before the greed took over

This post has been edited by an administrator
Reality on 14:00 - Jun 24 with 1992 views34dfgdf54

Reality on 13:58 - Jun 24 by Phil_S

It's good to see that we have learned the mistakes of the past two seasons and are getting our business done early to maximise our pre-season time with the squad

The definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over and expecting different results

At least though we have the official Twitter feed reminding us on a frequent basis how good we were once were before the greed took over

This.

Nothing’s changed. My optimism for next season is quickly evaporating, on flip side though I can’t believe Potter would have taken the role without serious assurance.
Reality on 14:21 - Jun 24 with 1943 viewsPrivate_Partz

Thanks Phil for adding a bit of weight to the arguments of those of us who are deeply concerned at the Groundhog Day that is unfolding in front of us.
To the other poster who said there are more important things than football.
It is a football board so that dictates the subject matter.
Weather forcasting and, appreciation of our current lot, is frequently aired in the Non Football Board. ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Reality on 14:24 - Jun 24 with 1938 viewsParsSwans

Totally agree with last few posts again we are behind everyone on our transfer business all the talk is negative late revealing our new kit only concrete talk of players leaving again and once again despite the need to lower wage bill and get average players off our books squad quality again reducing I’m vocal now so I won’t get called out in a year when few more happy clappers come out in concern for this free fall we are in a dire place and Jenkins must go first
Reality on 14:55 - Jun 24 with 1912 viewsBluebird

Reality on 13:55 - Jun 24 by Al_Bundy

That line up is bottom 3 material as it stands.

That doesn’t look a bad team to be honest and if there’s a togetherness in the team and you grind out a few results when underserved like we did I think you could be looking at play offs
Reality on 15:03 - Jun 24 with 1895 views34dfgdf54

Reality on 14:55 - Jun 24 by Bluebird

That doesn’t look a bad team to be honest and if there’s a togetherness in the team and you grind out a few results when underserved like we did I think you could be looking at play offs

That says hell of a lot about the standard of league if that’s the case.
Reality on 17:22 - Jun 24 with 1756 viewsPrivate_Partz

Reality on 15:03 - Jun 24 by 34dfgdf54

All three promoted sides stayed up last season. Even Cardiff can do if they stick with an agrressive brand of hoof.
There is not much difference between the bottom half of the Prem and this league.
We expect to thrive with a decimated relegation squad supplemented by our U23s. Wishful thinking in the extreme imho.
Unfortunately that also seems to be the mindset of Jenkins and the Board.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Reality on 17:36 - Jun 24 with 1730 viewsjacksfullaces

this x 10

absolutely no sense there is a plan or vision for the club.

and rebuilding along the same lines as previous seasons and with the same protagonists running the show who made the judgements that got us there in the first place .. over and over again.
Reality on 18:01 - Jun 24 with 1693 viewsWingstandwood

Reality on 17:36 - Jun 24 by jacksfullaces

this x 10

absolutely no sense there is a plan or vision for the club.

and rebuilding along the same lines as previous seasons and with the same protagonists running the show who made the judgements that got us there in the first place .. over and over again.

It's almost as if the Yanks are trying to create a footballing equivalent of that Mel Brooks movie The Producers!

A case of take as much a Kamikaze approach as possible by choosing the worst director (Jenkins) in town and the worst cast in town (Dineen, Pearlman, Donovan, Mr Money-ball, Leadbetter, PR-disaster Van Zweden and Co) so it can deliberately fail.

No lessons learnt! Nothing surprises me whatsoever anymore.....Bayo Akinfenwa here we come!
[Post edited 24 Jun 2018 18:02]

Argus!

Reality on 18:02 - Jun 24 with 1690 viewsbluey_the_blue

Reality on 15:03 - Jun 24 by 34dfgdf54

Not really, it's a tough league. Every game is competitive. Can have the world's greatest players but if not mentally strong enough to grind out results when needed, will be a long season.

That's my biggest concern for you this season; weren't able to be mentally strong enough to grind the points out that would have kept you up - and imo you should have stayed up.

If the players think they just need to turn up to stroll the Championship, they've another thing coming.
Reality on 18:09 - Jun 24 with 1668 viewsWingstandwood

Reality on 18:02 - Jun 24 by bluey_the_blue

Not really, it's a tough league. Every game is competitive. Can have the world's greatest players but if not mentally strong enough to grind out results when needed, will be a long season.

That's my biggest concern for you this season; weren't able to be mentally strong enough to grind the points out that would have kept you up - and imo you should have stayed up.

If the players think they just need to turn up to stroll the Championship, they've another thing coming.

Holy sh#t I'm agreeing with a Cardiff supporter, and would like to further add newcomers SCFC will not know The Championship division 'lay-of-the-land' like most of the other teams they're going to meet either.

Argus!

Reality on 18:52 - Jun 24 with 1592 views34dfgdf54

Reality on 18:02 - Jun 24 by bluey_the_blue

I agree with you, hence my opinion on the squad quoted being close to relegation fodder.
Reality on 22:11 - Jun 24 with 1426 viewsOldjack

Potter is gonna have to work miracles with this current squad unless he has a few aces up his sleeve

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Reality on 22:55 - Jun 24 with 1364 viewsBadlands

Nordefellt
Roberts
vDH
Bartley
Olsson
Dyer
Carroll
Fer
Routledge
Mc Burnie
AN other

Some justified concerns
I think Nordfeldt, given a run of games, will be more than adequate for this league.
Would like to keep Fede as captain but Mawson has never lived up to his hype I'm my opinion so Mike Van Der Hoorn, Bartley, Amat and possibly Bronn would be great.
The team you picked would be very competitive in the Championship (maybe Naughton would get the nod on Roberts).
But, I honestly don't know what our fans are expecting.
Last time we dropped out of the top league we had highly paid players whose wages went a long way to taking us towards bankruptcy.
If we bring players in now some will complain they are Jenkins' appointments.
Others that Jenkins is being to slow and will hen say Potter didn't have an input.
But will not have big names or a high wage squad. Hopefully we will have a squad Potter and his team can develop into a very competitive side.
Only 18 players have been brought into the league so far this summer (8to Forest and Preston) so we are not behind the game.
The difference in finances is vast and we have to be careful.
Don't forget we can loan in upto 8 players
Potter has said he is expected to regain our identity - if that is the case we won't bounce straight back as we've spent 4 seasons buying players who have completely different styles.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Reality on 23:50 - Jun 24 with 1324 viewsDJack

We are obviously waiting for the World Cup to finish, then we will buy our players... Sorry, I just received a blow to the back of the head.

Yep, Groundhog day.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Reality on 08:51 - Jun 25 with 1213 viewsderijack

2 things that are given me some hope are:

1. The World Cup interrupting business (agents and players).
2. Potter will want to see what he has before making decisions.

No doubt those 2 hopes will be dashed soon enough and the reality will be apparent.

Reality on 09:01 - Jun 25 with 1184 viewsomarjack

Reality on 08:51 - Jun 25 by derijack

2 things that are given me some hope are:

1. The World Cup interrupting business (agents and players).
2. Potter will want to see what he has before making decisions.

No doubt those 2 hopes will be dashed soon enough and the reality will be apparent.

Most clubs haven't started their transfer business yet so it's alright. July will be the busiest no doubt.

The World Cup might interrupt some signings like Ghoddos for example if there is any truth in it but it's not likely that most of our signings would be WC players. So that's probably not it.

Ask Huw and he'll tell you the reason is that Potter is still assessing the squad,Huw trying to bring the best etc etc.

But let me tell you the real 2 reasons why we haven't started with our transfer business:

-Jenkins wants to sell before any major investment. No deals are likely to happen before selling either Mawson or Jordan Ayew at least. As it seems there isn't much cash lying around right now.

-Do you honestly think the stingy bastards will sign a player in June (football break) and pay his wages for no reason? No way..They'll wait until it's mid July or so to save up few hundred thousands (which eventually goes in Huw's pocket as a 600 k salary)

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024