Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Important Kodi upgrade info 12:26 - Apr 3 with 14863 viewsepaul

Time to upgrade folks (although as yet I haven't had any probs)

https://www.tvaddons.ag/upgrade-kodi-krypton/

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Important Kodi upgrade info on 12:44 - Apr 3 with 5758 viewsmonmouth

TBH Paul I'd just forget that TV addons stuff and just download v17 from Kodi. It overwrites everything else but I think leaves the addons. If not re-installing the 4 or 5 that you need is probably sensible anyway.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Important Kodi upgrade info on 12:50 - Apr 3 with 5747 viewsjack2jack

I always work on the basis of if it ain't broke don't fix it, had a superb HD stream yesterday, so think ill do it when it goes t!ts up, or is that the wrong thing to do.
Important Kodi upgrade info on 12:59 - Apr 3 with 5731 viewsepaul

Important Kodi upgrade info on 12:44 - Apr 3 by monmouth

TBH Paul I'd just forget that TV addons stuff and just download v17 from Kodi. It overwrites everything else but I think leaves the addons. If not re-installing the 4 or 5 that you need is probably sensible anyway.

Aye Mon I'll prob do that as a back up I've downloaded spmc and put some addons on it

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Important Kodi upgrade info on 13:03 - Apr 3 with 5722 viewsmonmouth

Important Kodi upgrade info on 12:44 - Apr 3 by monmouth

Actually I've just done that and now the F*cker won't load at all. Shows what I know.

Important Kodi upgrade info on 13:04 - Apr 3 with 5715 viewsNeathJack

I updated to 17 a week or so ago and found everything jerky as hell. I've gone back to 16.1 for now.
Important Kodi upgrade info on 13:18 - Apr 3 with 5684 viewsCountyJim

My kodi for some reason has just disappeared from my Firebox

Any ideas
Important Kodi upgrade info on 13:26 - Apr 3 with 5672 viewsTheFranchise

Important Kodi upgrade info on 13:18 - Apr 3 by CountyJim

My kodi for some reason has just disappeared from my Firebox

Any ideas

my firestick did that the other day
Important Kodi upgrade info on 13:47 - Apr 3 with 5644 viewsShaky

One of the advantages of installing Kodi on Windows 10 through the Microsoft App store is that all upgrades are handled seamlessly and automatically, with all plugins, favourites, etc preserved.

All my machines have recently updated to 17.1, with no problems whatsoever.

If anybody is interested you can also put together a small set top style box running Windows 10 for not much more than the cost of an Android. Far better and much lower maintenance solution.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Login to get fewer ads

Important Kodi upgrade info on 13:49 - Apr 3 with 5635 viewsperchrockjack

I have an android box and tried to update but it came up with wrong path or summat like that

Got very cross

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Important Kodi upgrade info on 13:49 - Apr 3 with 5634 viewsmonmouth

Important Kodi upgrade info on 13:47 - Apr 3 by Shaky

One of the advantages of installing Kodi on Windows 10 through the Microsoft App store is that all upgrades are handled seamlessly and automatically, with all plugins, favourites, etc preserved.

All my machines have recently updated to 17.1, with no problems whatsoever.

If anybody is interested you can also put together a small set top style box running Windows 10 for not much more than the cost of an Android. Far better and much lower maintenance solution.

Mine wont load shaky. it downloaded from the store fine but refuses to launch. Any ideas?

Important Kodi upgrade info on 13:49 - Apr 3 with 5632 viewsmorningstar

Ok, so to save myself all the agro, it says my operating system is Android 4.4.2. Do i need a new Android box?

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Important Kodi upgrade info on 13:53 - Apr 3 with 5618 viewsShaky

BTW, the secret to getting a cheap Windows 10 box is to buy an unbundled version of the Windows 7 operating system that can be had on eBay for a few quid, thanks to relatively new **EU** rules on software portability

Once Win 7 is installed, there is another "trick" that allows you to legitimately upgrade to Win 10 via an official Microspft update.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Important Kodi upgrade info on 13:54 - Apr 3 with 5610 viewsShaky

Important Kodi upgrade info on 13:49 - Apr 3 by monmouth

Mine wont load shaky. it downloaded from the store fine but refuses to launch. Any ideas?

The Windows 10 store?

Do you have the old standalone version installed also?

Misology -- It's a bitch

Important Kodi upgrade info on 13:56 - Apr 3 with 5595 viewsmonmouth

Important Kodi upgrade info on 13:54 - Apr 3 by Shaky

The Windows 10 store?

Do you have the old standalone version installed also?

Yes the official store, and no I uninstalled everything Kodi beforehand. It's stumped me. Tried restarting, tried disabling antivirus.

Important Kodi upgrade info on 13:59 - Apr 3 with 5577 viewsShaky

Important Kodi upgrade info on 13:56 - Apr 3 by monmouth

Yes the official store, and no I uninstalled everything Kodi beforehand. It's stumped me. Tried restarting, tried disabling antivirus.

Hmmm. The idea with the new Kodi architecture is there is no longer a need to uninstall if yougo viia the Store app.

In the process you may have screwed something up.

Did this happen recently on the 17.1 updade? Is there a system restore point you can revert to before the problems started?

Misology -- It's a bitch

Important Kodi upgrade info on 14:06 - Apr 3 with 5559 viewsepaul

I installed 17.1 on firestick for my daughter and she continually has to clear cache and purge packages. Think I'll wait awhile and stick with what I have atm as it's still working fine

Important Kodi upgrade info on 14:07 - Apr 3 with 5554 viewsepaul

Important Kodi upgrade info on 13:49 - Apr 3 by perchrockjack

I have an android box and tried to update but it came up with wrong path or summat like that

Got very cross

Probably typed in wrong address, missing a / or something Richie

Important Kodi upgrade info on 14:09 - Apr 3 with 5549 viewsmonmouth

Important Kodi upgrade info on 13:59 - Apr 3 by Shaky

Hmmm. The idea with the new Kodi architecture is there is no longer a need to uninstall if yougo viia the Store app.

In the process you may have screwed something up.

Did this happen recently on the 17.1 updade? Is there a system restore point you can revert to before the problems started?

Yes I'll have to go back to 16 Jarvis I think.

Important Kodi upgrade info on 14:17 - Apr 3 with 5535 viewsShaky

Important Kodi upgrade info on 14:09 - Apr 3 by monmouth

To be clear I meant try to do a "system restore" via Windows.

Just type it in via the search box and the restore utility should come up.

Launch it and look for recent dates you can restore the system to predating your problems.

Data should be inaffected but other system configuration changes and possibly program installations will be lost.

Worth a shot though to try to restore the whole operating environment to a prior known 'good' state.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Important Kodi upgrade info on 14:27 - Apr 3 with 5513 viewsTheResurrection

My Nvidia Shield did the Krypton update a month or two back. It did it itself like it's done the last twice. No issues whatsoever and Krypton is great on the new skin I'm using.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Important Kodi upgrade info on 14:40 - Apr 3 with 5486 viewsmorningstar

Important Kodi upgrade info on 14:09 - Apr 3 by monmouth

Anyone know how i can get my 16.1 jarvis back? ffs! bearing in mind that the down button on my android remote has stopped working!!!! What a mess!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Important Kodi upgrade info on 14:56 - Apr 3 with 5458 viewsLoyal

Important Kodi upgrade info on 12:50 - Apr 3 by jack2jack

I always work on the basis of if it ain't broke don't fix it, had a superb HD stream yesterday, so think ill do it when it goes t!ts up, or is that the wrong thing to do.

It's very easy to do, and you will get more access to stable streams 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Important Kodi upgrade info on 15:26 - Apr 3 with 5424 viewsjack2jack

Important Kodi upgrade info on 14:56 - Apr 3 by Loyal

It's very easy to do, and you will get more access to stable streams 👍

I'm still on Isengard 15.1 no problems what so ever
Important Kodi upgrade info on 15:34 - Apr 3 with 5414 viewsSwanjaxs

Very reluctant to update, 16.1 jarvis working like a dream for me at the moment 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Important Kodi upgrade info on 16:24 - Apr 3 with 5376 viewsmonmouth

Important Kodi upgrade info on 15:34 - Apr 3 by Swanjaxs

Very reluctant to update, 16.1 jarvis working like a dream for me at the moment 👍

Yep. My advice is dont unless you have to. I've got it working but I had to log on as administrator. It still won't work on my normal login. That took me most of the afternoon by the time I sorted everything out. I'd leave well alone again.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024