Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans in talks for Winger/MF Bersant Celina 19:18 - Jul 19 with 7766 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Scored 8 goals last season for Ipswich on loan from Man City.

See bottom of this article. 4 million is the reported price.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/raheem-sterling-contract-s

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Swans in talks for Winger/MF Bersant Celina on 19:23 - Jul 19 with 6865 viewsdjdancarter

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-tr

Also being reported locally in Manchester..
Swans in talks for Winger/MF Bersant Celina on 19:26 - Jul 19 with 6833 viewsthornabyswan

Swans in talks for Winger/MF Bersant Celina on 19:23 - Jul 19 by djdancarter

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-tr

Also being reported locally in Manchester..

Never heard of him to be honest.
Was on loan at Ipswich last season played 32 games for them scoring 7 goals.
The City fans on that tweet seem to rate him though.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Swans in talks for Winger/MF Bersant Celina on 19:28 - Jul 19 with 6792 viewsLoyal

An excellent purchase below 5 million regardless of how good he is.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Swans in talks for Winger/MF Bersant Celina on 19:37 - Jul 19 with 6709 viewsTailGunner

Check out @swanseabeat’s Tweet:
Swans in talks for Winger/MF Bersant Celina on 19:47 - Jul 19 with 6624 viewsSwansea93

It's refreshing to see us targeting the younger players who are out to impress rather than the older 'experienced' players who just want a payday.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Swans in talks for Winger/MF Bersant Celina on 19:48 - Jul 19 with 6602 viewsthornabyswan

Swans in talks for Winger/MF Bersant Celina on 19:37 - Jul 19 by TailGunner

Check out @swanseabeat’s Tweet:

He can play AM as well we do seem a bit over stocked for wingers with Montero coming back.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Swans in talks for Winger/MF Bersant Celina on 20:29 - Jul 19 with 6317 viewsDaggyjack

Swans in talks for Winger/MF Bersant Celina on 19:48 - Jul 19 by thornabyswan

He can play AM as well we do seem a bit over stocked for wingers with Montero coming back.

Montero, Celina, Asoro, Dyer & Narsingh with Routledge off I would hope.
Swans in talks for Winger/MF Bersant Celina on 20:35 - Jul 19 with 6263 viewslondonlisa2001

Swans in talks for Winger/MF Bersant Celina on 20:29 - Jul 19 by Daggyjack

Who was on the right wing for us second half against Newport?

Was that Asoro?

Incredibly quick if so.
Login to get fewer ads

Swans in talks for Winger/MF Bersant Celina on 20:49 - Jul 19 with 6126 viewsthornabyswan

Swans in talks for Winger/MF Bersant Celina on 20:29 - Jul 19 by Daggyjack

I have feeling Routledge maybe emergency cover for full back.
The new Ashley Young.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2018 20:51]

Swans in talks for Winger/MF Bersant Celina on 20:53 - Jul 19 with 6088 viewsFlashberryjack

Looks a real talent, can take a player on and has an eye for goal, just the type of player we need.....he won't be coming here then.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swans in talks for Winger/MF Bersant Celina on 21:05 - Jul 19 with 5977 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swans in talks for Winger/MF Bersant Celina on 19:28 - Jul 19 by Loyal

An excellent purchase below 5 million regardless of how good he is.

Young, hungry and with a point to prove this could be another very good move. Things are starting to feel fresh and it's a welcome change after three years or more staleness at the club. Potter's broom is sweeping out the cobwebs and giving me some genuine reasons for optimism.
I'll temper my enthusiasm a little as we do desperately need some experience in the middle of the park to help the youngsters through tough physical games, and if we can spend a few million to bring the right player in then let's do it. Who that may be or who is available I'll leave Kerouac to scout.
Celina looks fantastic on video, and although you can't judge a player on youtube he did serve Ipswich well at this level.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swans in talks for Winger/MF Bersant Celina on 21:17 - Jul 19 with 5883 viewsNeath_Jack

Swans in talks for Winger/MF Bersant Celina on 20:35 - Jul 19 by londonlisa2001

Who was on the right wing for us second half against Newport?

Was that Asoro?

Incredibly quick if so.

Yes.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Swans in talks for Winger/MF Bersant Celina on 21:32 - Jul 19 with 5768 views34dfgdf54

Swans in talks for Winger/MF Bersant Celina on 19:48 - Jul 19 by thornabyswan

Laudrup used to play three wingers didn’t he? Routledge in the ten role, this lad could fit the profile to do that from the clips I’ve seen.
Swans in talks for Winger/MF Bersant Celina on 21:48 - Jul 19 with 5645 viewsGroo

The odd Ipswich fan's views with replies from other Ipswich fan's

"Hmmm, Celina had moments, but he was never the player for us Lawrence was - Although it seems Lawrence wasn't as good for Derby last season as he was for us before (although still a good player)"

"so if I understand you correctly

we had Lawrence who was good but he went to derby and then wasnt so good.Then we had Celina who wasnt so good apart from some of the time when he was good but he wasnt as a good Lawrence was although, having been good, he then wasnt so good "

"Can’t really say he was great for us. Leeds at home the stand out goal, otherwise fairly average."

"So by your standards he much have really impressed you"

Groo does what Groo does best

Swans in talks for Winger/MF Bersant Celina on 22:32 - Jul 19 with 5373 viewshobo

I approve
Swans in talks for Winger/MF Bersant Celina on 23:34 - Jul 19 with 5135 viewslonglostjack

Swans in talks for Winger/MF Bersant Celina on 22:32 - Jul 19 by hobo

I approve

There seems to be a change in the recruitment policy.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2018 23:34]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Swans in talks for Winger/MF Bersant Celina on 00:18 - Jul 20 with 5018 viewsomarjack

After reading more about the player. I couldn't help but notice how remarkable his life's story is. A true fighter.

Being born in the darkest days of the Balkan war. His parents in Kosovo wanted to smuggle him out of the region to a safer place but they were under siege in the small village they lived in. So they left him in a small wooden coffin to drift through the river hoping some good Samaritans will find him. And ironically. The child was discovered by Serbian war criminal Zlatko Radojevic whom he oddly took liking to him (despite the fact there was a note explaining the situation of the baby in the box, being ethnically Muslim and all)

Radojevic's wife left her husband for his role in the horrid genocides he committed and she took the baby with her and sought refuge in Germany. But she died of an illness due to the harsh conditions she had to go through.

The German authorities handed the child to the Norwegians (as back then they were more open to taking in war refugees) and Bersant lived there in an orphanage. I guess he started playing football there. And as things go. Prince Amjad Bin Hamad Al Nuhair who is a close relative to Sheikh Mansur whom, of course, owns Man City discovered him, And being impressed with his football skills, He arranged for him to be taken to Man City's academy.

Sheikh Mansur helped Celina find his real parents and thankfully they both survived. Although his older sister Emina has lost her life due to a Serb sniper bullet.

And the rest of the story is known.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2018 0:19]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Swans in talks for Winger/MF Bersant Celina on 10:13 - Jul 20 with 4447 viewsLeonWasGod

In his early Man C days he was accused of being a bit too cocky, if I remember rightly - hyped as the next big thing. Maybe a year in the Championship might have humbled him.

A good player on his day, seems a bit inconsistent though. Ipswich fans didn't particularly rate him but I'd imagine he wasn't well suited to their long ball game.

Be interesting to see how he gets on if he does join us as there's certainly talent there.
Swans in talks for Winger/MF Bersant Celina on 10:21 - Jul 20 with 4411 viewsAl_Bundy

The good thing is both him and Asoro have had a season at this level so the gamble is minimum as opposed to some foreign signings which have flopped.
Swans in talks for Winger/MF Bersant Celina (n/t) on 10:23 - Jul 20 with 4394 viewsUplandsJack

Swans in talks for Winger/MF Bersant Celina on 00:18 - Jul 20 by omarjack

After reading more about the player. I couldn't help but notice how remarkable his life's story is. A true fighter.

Being born in the darkest days of the Balkan war. His parents in Kosovo wanted to smuggle him out of the region to a safer place but they were under siege in the small village they lived in. So they left him in a small wooden coffin to drift through the river hoping some good Samaritans will find him. And ironically. The child was discovered by Serbian war criminal Zlatko Radojevic whom he oddly took liking to him (despite the fact there was a note explaining the situation of the baby in the box, being ethnically Muslim and all)

Radojevic's wife left her husband for his role in the horrid genocides he committed and she took the baby with her and sought refuge in Germany. But she died of an illness due to the harsh conditions she had to go through.

The German authorities handed the child to the Norwegians (as back then they were more open to taking in war refugees) and Bersant lived there in an orphanage. I guess he started playing football there. And as things go. Prince Amjad Bin Hamad Al Nuhair who is a close relative to Sheikh Mansur whom, of course, owns Man City discovered him, And being impressed with his football skills, He arranged for him to be taken to Man City's academy.

Sheikh Mansur helped Celina find his real parents and thankfully they both survived. Although his older sister Emina has lost her life due to a Serb sniper bullet.

[Post edited 21 Jul 2018 1:21]
Swans in talks for Winger/MF Bersant Celina on 10:59 - Jul 20 with 4291 viewsTom1912

Swans in talks for Winger/MF Bersant Celina on 10:21 - Jul 20 by Al_Bundy

The good thing is both him and Asoro have had a season at this level so the gamble is minimum as opposed to some foreign signings which have flopped.

Championship proven players with lots of potential to go higher. Good investments in my opinion, much more refreshing signings compared to some of our recent efforts.
Swans in talks for Winger/MF Bersant Celina on 11:15 - Jul 20 with 4225 views34dfgdf54

Swans in talks for Winger/MF Bersant Celina on 10:59 - Jul 20 by Tom1912

Championship proven players with lots of potential to go higher. Good investments in my opinion, much more refreshing signings compared to some of our recent efforts.

It's good in some ways that Man City have made they sure they have a buy back option on the deal if the papers are to believed. Must be held in decent regard there.
Swans in talks for Winger/MF Bersant Celina on 11:38 - Jul 20 with 4146 viewsLandore_Jack

Swans in talks for Winger/MF Bersant Celina on 23:34 - Jul 19 by longlostjack

There seems to be a change in the recruitment policy.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2018 23:34]

Interesting comments from Potter:

"We've made one signing, Joel Asoro, and we're on course with others, but clearly there's a restructure that will have to happen alongside that."

#backtojack

Swans in talks for Winger/MF Bersant Celina on 11:40 - Jul 20 with 4134 viewstheloneranger

The original Kosovan "Moses"

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swans in talks for Winger/MF Bersant Celina on 14:04 - Jul 20 with 3781 viewsChief

Did you make that up?

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/celina-opens-up-about-his-kosovo-roots-1-5312903

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024