Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR FFP 11:57 - Jul 27 with 2466 viewsawayjack

Lost appeal so to pay £42m over 10 years. Fernandes already written off £180m in debt and they continue to lose money. Not much for their mega wealthy owners (Mittal Family / Fernandes worth billions) but with Fernandes £40m to buy majority of club, that's a lot for a very broken toy.
QPR FFP on 12:00 - Jul 27 with 2442 viewsomarjack

That'll be us in 3 years if we don't get promoted and don't reduce our wages by 80% of how it is now.

That's how it is for all Championship clubs of course.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

QPR FFP on 12:00 - Jul 27 with 2432 viewsE20Jack

£4m a year for breaking FFP.

Hardly going to be a deterrent.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

QPR FFP on 12:08 - Jul 27 with 2402 viewsawayjack

QPR FFP on 12:00 - Jul 27 by omarjack

That'll be us in 3 years if we don't get promoted and don't reduce our wages by 80% of how it is now.

That's how it is for all Championship clubs of course.

Sobering thought and how we use the parachute money is critical. We don't have owners who'd put any money into the club let alone write off £180m of debt, so I don't think we'll breach FFP as there is no investment in club (v sell-outs) like QPR. Concern is our owners may see player sales and parachute payments as a way of getting some of their investment back. We won't breach FFP but end up with a cheap squad in League 2 and like Bolton, training facilities we don't need.
QPR FFP on 12:15 - Jul 27 with 2356 viewsjasper_T

QPR FFP on 12:08 - Jul 27 by awayjack

Sobering thought and how we use the parachute money is critical. We don't have owners who'd put any money into the club let alone write off £180m of debt, so I don't think we'll breach FFP as there is no investment in club (v sell-outs) like QPR. Concern is our owners may see player sales and parachute payments as a way of getting some of their investment back. We won't breach FFP but end up with a cheap squad in League 2 and like Bolton, training facilities we don't need.

Money isn't everything. We didn't spend big to make our way up the leagues.

Every club in the division is in various states of financial ruin, needing "4 or 5 players" to make a real go of it. We're in a better position than many since there's no serious existing debt, and we've got assets that can either play or be sold for decent money (hopefully soon).

League Two isn't beckoning quite yet.
QPR FFP on 13:56 - Jul 27 with 2151 viewsawayjack

QPR FFP on 12:15 - Jul 27 by jasper_T

Money isn't everything. We didn't spend big to make our way up the leagues.

Every club in the division is in various states of financial ruin, needing "4 or 5 players" to make a real go of it. We're in a better position than many since there's no serious existing debt, and we've got assets that can either play or be sold for decent money (hopefully soon).

League Two isn't beckoning quite yet.

I'd like to think we can rebuild without spending big money but our position today is the polar opposite of 7/8 years ago. Then we had:

Everyone at the club pulling in same direction:

- Fan ownership model exhalted by many as the way forward for football.
- A local Board made up of fans who made decisions in the interest of the club.
- Coaches and players keen to join to be part of 'Swansea way' football and enhance their reputations.

I'd never felt so proud to be part of the club that achieved something amazing.

Today we have:
- US hedge fund owners who'd sell our soul to make a return and won't invest any money.
- A Board that puts personal greed before everything
- Fans / Trust that pull in different directions with many disillusioned.
- Coaches and players that see the recent basket case of a club so not keen to join.

I hope it doesn't happen but don't underestimate what a US hedge fund will do to mitigate its losses. We have 3 years of declining parachute payments, and despite performance a squad probably still worth £80/£90m. If we start the season slowly, and they realistically see there's no short-term chance of Premier League, it would not suprise me if they sold more players, cut costs to the bone and hence use player sales / parachutes to get some money back.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2018 13:57]
QPR FFP on 14:11 - Jul 27 with 2083 viewsjackal

QPR FFP on 13:56 - Jul 27 by awayjack

I'd like to think we can rebuild without spending big money but our position today is the polar opposite of 7/8 years ago. Then we had:

Everyone at the club pulling in same direction:

- Fan ownership model exhalted by many as the way forward for football.
- A local Board made up of fans who made decisions in the interest of the club.
- Coaches and players keen to join to be part of 'Swansea way' football and enhance their reputations.

I'd never felt so proud to be part of the club that achieved something amazing.

Today we have:
- US hedge fund owners who'd sell our soul to make a return and won't invest any money.
- A Board that puts personal greed before everything
- Fans / Trust that pull in different directions with many disillusioned.
- Coaches and players that see the recent basket case of a club so not keen to join.

I hope it doesn't happen but don't underestimate what a US hedge fund will do to mitigate its losses. We have 3 years of declining parachute payments, and despite performance a squad probably still worth £80/£90m. If we start the season slowly, and they realistically see there's no short-term chance of Premier League, it would not suprise me if they sold more players, cut costs to the bone and hence use player sales / parachutes to get some money back.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2018 13:57]

I wish I could disagree, but can not.

You've hit the nail on the head.
QPR FFP on 14:20 - Jul 27 with 2045 viewsawayjack

I'd add we don't have much risk of breach FFP rules. Player transfers - as well as parachute payments - are included in revenue calculations, so on basis we do sell most of players rumoured to be away - either now or in Jan19 - we'll have a surplus under FFP. Those that breach typically have owner / investors that put lots of money into the club. We don't so simply can't spend much beyond our income.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024