Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Statement 10:31 - Aug 10 with 7642 viewsPhil_S

Have posted this in the sticky at the top as well but mindful it maybe missed so adding a separate thread

https://www.swanstrust.co.uk/2018/08/10/trust-statement-on-the-transfer-window-a
Trust Statement on 10:34 - Aug 10 with 4445 viewsomarjack

Link doesn't work Mr.Smarty.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Trust Statement on 10:35 - Aug 10 with 4445 viewsMagic_Michu

Looks like the Trust website is down - Resource Limit Reached

Any chance of copy and pasting the statement in here?

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Trust Statement on 10:39 - Aug 10 with 4371 viewsPhil_S

Trust Statement on 10:35 - Aug 10 by Magic_Michu

Looks like the Trust website is down - Resource Limit Reached

Any chance of copy and pasting the statement in here?

Yes but not until I get back to my machine (will only be 5/10 minutes)

Hopefully this will be fixed by then though - let's call it teething problems
Trust Statement on 10:48 - Aug 10 with 4236 viewsPhil_S

Cut and pasted from the email rather than the statement itself - I think they are exactly the same

The transfer window.

The Trust Board wants to be a strong voice for the fans of Swansea City and as such, we cannot let the events of transfer deadline day pass without comment. While we fully appreciate that there would be a need to cut costs following relegation from the Premier League, this should have been coupled with a proactive transfer policy to bring in players to replace those who have left. It is worth remembering of course that our relegation from the Premier League was a direct result of similarly poor transfer dealings over the last three years or so by the club’s previous and current owners. We had hoped that the restructuring of recruitment that the club announced meant that we would see a far more constructive and proactive transfer window this time around. That clearly hasn’t happened and the focus has been on moving players out with insufficient regard for ensuring we have a squad equipped to be as competitive as possible.

While the loan window remains open and we remain hopeful of new additions, the events of deadline day leave the club with a wafer thin playing squad. Given the mass exodus of senior players, it is not unreasonable to expect that some of that money would have been reinvested into new additions to give Graham Potter the best chance of success. Our Supporter Director will be making these feelings known to the rest of the club’s board and seeking assurances that the playing squad will not be further eviscerated in an attempt to cut costs and that new players will be brought in.

We urge all Swansea City fans to get behind the team against Preston at the Liberty Stadium on Saturday. The fans need to provide Graham Potter, his team and his players with the support that has been so sadly lacking from the club’s owners. However, we also fully understand the fans’ right to voice their displeasure at recent events should they wish to do so.

Trust board appointments

Following the recent elections to the Swansea City Supporters’ Trust board and the new Board’s first meeting, we are pleased to announce the following appointments:

Phil Sumbler has been elected by the Board to serve as Chair for a period of two years.

Andy Godden has been elected as Vice Chair for a period of two years.

Cath Dyer has been elected to the Associate Director position, again for a period of two years.

In addition, Dave Dalton and Roger Goodwin have been re-appointed as co-opted Board members for one year. Dave and Roger were previously members of the Board and carried out some excellent work in the areas of social media and engaging with local schools. Their experience and enthusiasm will be invaluable and we are glad to welcome them back.

Welcoming the new appointments and board members, Trust Chair Phil Sumbler said:

“I am very pleased to be back as Chair of the Supporters’ Trust at this vital time. I would like to extend my thanks and gratitude to my predecessor, Alan Lewis, for all his hard work over the years both as board member and Chair. I am gratified by the faith shown in me by both Trust members at the recent election and the Board members who selected me as Chair. The new Trust Board has an excellent mix of experienced and new members who all bring different skills to the table.

These are difficult and important times for the Trust and my priority as Chair will be to lead the Trust through the ongoing mediation/legal process. However, I am equally as focused on the importance of increasing the profile and membership of the Trust, the need to appeal to current and new members alike and we must be a strong voice for Swansea City fans within the club and more widely. As a board, we will be considering ways to engage better with Swansea City fans to try and increase both the profile and membership of the Trust. I welcome any ideas from members and non-members about how we can do that — please get in touch.”

We realise that members are keen to know the latest position on the mediation process we informed you about in May and we will provide an update as soon as possible. We are also planning to arrange a fans’ forum very soon to give members the opportunity to question the Trust Board on any and all things Trust and Swansea City related. We will announce details of this as soon as they are available.
Trust Statement on 10:53 - Aug 10 with 4145 viewsomarjack

Trust Statement on 10:48 - Aug 10 by Phil_S

Cut and pasted from the email rather than the statement itself - I think they are exactly the same

The transfer window.

The Trust Board wants to be a strong voice for the fans of Swansea City and as such, we cannot let the events of transfer deadline day pass without comment. While we fully appreciate that there would be a need to cut costs following relegation from the Premier League, this should have been coupled with a proactive transfer policy to bring in players to replace those who have left. It is worth remembering of course that our relegation from the Premier League was a direct result of similarly poor transfer dealings over the last three years or so by the club’s previous and current owners. We had hoped that the restructuring of recruitment that the club announced meant that we would see a far more constructive and proactive transfer window this time around. That clearly hasn’t happened and the focus has been on moving players out with insufficient regard for ensuring we have a squad equipped to be as competitive as possible.

While the loan window remains open and we remain hopeful of new additions, the events of deadline day leave the club with a wafer thin playing squad. Given the mass exodus of senior players, it is not unreasonable to expect that some of that money would have been reinvested into new additions to give Graham Potter the best chance of success. Our Supporter Director will be making these feelings known to the rest of the club’s board and seeking assurances that the playing squad will not be further eviscerated in an attempt to cut costs and that new players will be brought in.

We urge all Swansea City fans to get behind the team against Preston at the Liberty Stadium on Saturday. The fans need to provide Graham Potter, his team and his players with the support that has been so sadly lacking from the club’s owners. However, we also fully understand the fans’ right to voice their displeasure at recent events should they wish to do so.

Trust board appointments

Following the recent elections to the Swansea City Supporters’ Trust board and the new Board’s first meeting, we are pleased to announce the following appointments:

Phil Sumbler has been elected by the Board to serve as Chair for a period of two years.

Cath Dyer has been elected to the Associate Director position, again for a period of two years.

In addition, Dave Dalton and Roger Goodwin have been re-appointed as co-opted Board members for one year. Dave and Roger were previously members of the Board and carried out some excellent work in the areas of social media and engaging with local schools. Their experience and enthusiasm will be invaluable and we are glad to welcome them back.

Welcoming the new appointments and board members, Trust Chair Phil Sumbler said:

“I am very pleased to be back as Chair of the Supporters’ Trust at this vital time. I would like to extend my thanks and gratitude to my predecessor, Alan Lewis, for all his hard work over the years both as board member and Chair. I am gratified by the faith shown in me by both Trust members at the recent election and the Board members who selected me as Chair. The new Trust Board has an excellent mix of experienced and new members who all bring different skills to the table.

These are difficult and important times for the Trust and my priority as Chair will be to lead the Trust through the ongoing mediation/legal process. However, I am equally as focused on the importance of increasing the profile and membership of the Trust, the need to appeal to current and new members alike and we must be a strong voice for Swansea City fans within the club and more widely. As a board, we will be considering ways to engage better with Swansea City fans to try and increase both the profile and membership of the Trust. I welcome any ideas from members and non-members about how we can do that — please get in touch.”

We realise that members are keen to know the latest position on the mediation process we informed you about in May and we will provide an update as soon as possible. We are also planning to arrange a fans’ forum very soon to give members the opportunity to question the Trust Board on any and all things Trust and Swansea City related. We will announce details of this as soon as they are available.

[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 10:54]

Trust Statement on 10:54 - Aug 10 with 4152 viewstrinityann

Trust Statement on 10:48 - Aug 10 by Phil_S

The transfer window.

Trust board appointments

In other words there is nothing we can do, but bend over and pull our pants down. No wonder fans are not renewing membership.
Trust Statement on 10:55 - Aug 10 with 4123 viewsMagic_Michu

Have the Trust had discussions with the owners prior to or post transfer window where they have stated their intent for the club?

Trust Statement on 10:58 - Aug 10 with 4081 viewsPhil_S

Trust Statement on 10:54 - Aug 10 by trinityann

In other words there is nothing we can do, but bend over and pull our pants down. No wonder fans are not renewing membership.

Unfortunately that is the creation of the selling shareholders who ensured that all voting rights and decisions were sold away with the shares.

ANd that is why there is an ongoing legal discussion around it. And that is exactly why fans should renew the membership or it almost feels as if the first part of your sentence relates to your actions rather than anything

The mess here was created by those that elected to sell to the first available people.
Login to get fewer ads

Trust Statement on 11:00 - Aug 10 with 4044 viewsomarjack

There is no trust..

The trust is like when Bashar Al Assad in Syria held a fake election with a fake opponent (which he chose secretly) to show the rebels how "democratic" he is. Sad but true.

Trust Statement on 11:00 - Aug 10 with 4051 viewsPhil_S

Trust Statement on 10:55 - Aug 10 by Magic_Michu

Have the Trust had discussions with the owners prior to or post transfer window where they have stated their intent for the club?

Post window in reality is obviously just since 5pm yesterday evening at which point the issues raised in the statement will have been raised.

Pre-window (or even during window) then we know the club has budget shortfalls (significant ones at that) which need to be bridged but it was our understanding and belief that whilst player sales were inevitable to reduce the wage bill and bridge the shortfalls then there would be incomings.

What has happened is - as is referred to in the statement - an insufficient regard for the quality of our playing squad and that is unacceptable and the viewpoint we will be taking back to the club
Trust Statement on 11:02 - Aug 10 with 4020 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Not asking the right questions AGAIN!

Did the Manager sanction all departures? We were told he would manage recruitment.
How much money has been made from this transfer window?
How much is available to reinvest in the squad?
How many recruitment targets did the manager identify?
What was the wage bill? What is now the wage bill?
What is the current projected income and expenditure for the 2018/9 season?
Why was there no communication to the fans following the closure of the transfer window?
Where is Graham Potter?

Seeking assurances from proven (in court) liars is not going to help.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Trust Statement on 11:07 - Aug 10 with 3957 viewsPhil_S

Trust Statement on 11:02 - Aug 10 by JACKMANANDBOY

Did the Manager sanction all departures? We were told he would manage recruitment.
Why was there no communication to the fans following the closure of the transfer window?
Where is Graham Potter?

This is all part of what is being discussed

I'm not sure what you were expecting but some of those answers are known (for example the budget planner would have been seen) and some of them will come out in the discussions

You take assurances as basically someone saying "don't panic" and us saying "Oh OK" but that is far from the case

This is the most experienced board I have seen in all my time in the Trust and, believe me, we know what we are doing to get to where we need to be.

Just having a little bit of faith would be quite helpful here because without it - the Americans sense weakness and will pounce on it. And that won't be a weakness in the board but their belief that nobody thinks we are serious...

Graham Potter for the reference remains our manager

Some of the answers you won't will not be able to come from the Trust and I would be surprised if the club put it into the public domain but they will be answers of which the board will be aware and the right questions will be asked
Trust Statement on 11:10 - Aug 10 with 3930 viewsGeoffThom

After yesterday's debacle I feel that the trust needs to go as public as possible, tv radio and any medium possible to force these yanks out of hiding ,if Jenkins has any guts he'd resign today over it and any legal avenue should be used ,were going backwards at an alarming rate and these yanks are obviously hiding money?
Trust Statement on 11:11 - Aug 10 with 3909 viewsomarjack

Trust Statement on 11:10 - Aug 10 by GeoffThom

After yesterday's debacle I feel that the trust needs to go as public as possible, tv radio and any medium possible to force these yanks out of hiding ,if Jenkins has any guts he'd resign today over it and any legal avenue should be used ,were going backwards at an alarming rate and these yanks are obviously hiding money?

If they don't go to prison after yesterday then the system is so crooked it's beyond repair.

Trust Statement on 11:12 - Aug 10 with 3910 viewsKilkennyjack

Trust Statement on 11:02 - Aug 10 by JACKMANANDBOY

Where is Graham Potter?

And why did this not happen earlier ?

Potter now has no time as the games will come thick and fast - and pre-season wasted.
Sulky twaats still at the club until yesterday.

Earlier might have got us a littke less money but would have given Harry a chance.

No wonder he chucked a sickie.

Beware of the Risen People

Trust Statement on 11:12 - Aug 10 with 3903 viewsMagic_Michu

What about their previous statements that Levien and Kaplan have made that they have the finances as owners to improve the club... my understanding is their haven’t put a cent of their own money into improving our club.

Surely they need to take some responsibility and actually invest some of their own money?

Pipe dreams and wishful thinking.

Trust Statement on 11:15 - Aug 10 with 3849 viewsomarjack

Trust Statement on 11:12 - Aug 10 by Magic_Michu

What about their previous statements that Levien and Kaplan have made that they have the finances as owners to improve the club... my understanding is their haven’t put a cent of their own money into improving our club.

Surely they need to take some responsibility and actually invest some of their own money?

Pipe dreams and wishful thinking.

They're talking about Wayne Rooney's wages at D.C..

He ran out of Bacon and Ranch sauce so most of finances went to his belly.

Trust Statement on 11:30 - Aug 10 with 3737 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Thanks for the reply, I'm expecting that the board will be held to account and that the Trust will be as transparent as possible. For example; we have confirmed and it has been included in the Board minutes the amount of money available for Graham Potter to use for recruitment in the 2018/9 season. We have confirmed with Graham Potter that he has a similar understanding.
Another example; the Trust has received confirmation of the total amount received from transfers and how that money will be utilised by the club, this has been included in the Board minutes.
We need to know the Trust is holding those who have proved unreliable to account and that there is a case being built in the form of the board minutes as to how the club is being managed or mis-managed.
I appreciate the Trust can not publish company confidential information but it can divulge what has been agreed in general terms. Then I will have more confidence.
I feel that the majority shareholders have given the Trust the run around for years. There's a need to build a case of impropriety.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 11:42]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Trust Statement on 11:37 - Aug 10 with 3682 viewskeith_gatebroth

Well at least The Trust are taking some action and keeping us up to date.
The sooner we get rid of these cowboy owners the better, they are taking us down the leagues with their amateurish decisions. They’ve brought only heartache to this club and they will stop at nothing to get their money back.
Trust Statement on 11:50 - Aug 10 with 3585 viewsTrustless

Oooo look a strongly worded statement.

Phil you were a joke first time around. Nothings change this time either.
Trust Statement on 12:00 - Aug 10 with 3514 viewsShaky

Un - fcuking -believable.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Trust Statement on 12:11 - Aug 10 with 3417 viewsE20Jack

Trust Statement on 12:00 - Aug 10 by Shaky

Un - fcuking -believable.

‘Sup?

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Trust Statement on 12:53 - Aug 10 with 3264 viewsPhil_S

Trust Statement on 11:30 - Aug 10 by JACKMANANDBOY

Thanks for the reply, I'm expecting that the board will be held to account and that the Trust will be as transparent as possible. For example; we have confirmed and it has been included in the Board minutes the amount of money available for Graham Potter to use for recruitment in the 2018/9 season. We have confirmed with Graham Potter that he has a similar understanding.
Another example; the Trust has received confirmation of the total amount received from transfers and how that money will be utilised by the club, this has been included in the Board minutes.
We need to know the Trust is holding those who have proved unreliable to account and that there is a case being built in the form of the board minutes as to how the club is being managed or mis-managed.
I appreciate the Trust can not publish company confidential information but it can divulge what has been agreed in general terms. Then I will have more confidence.
I feel that the majority shareholders have given the Trust the run around for years. There's a need to build a case of impropriety.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2018 11:42]

That all seems a reasonable request
Trust Statement on 12:55 - Aug 10 with 3251 viewsPhil_S

Trust Statement on 11:50 - Aug 10 by Trustless

Oooo look a strongly worded statement.

Phil you were a joke first time around. Nothings change this time either.

Thanks Murph75 for re-registering with a new username to throw around an insult

Well done, you must be proud

Sorry I missed your attempts to try and make a difference
Trust Statement on 13:02 - Aug 10 with 3197 viewsdobjack2

Trust Statement on 10:58 - Aug 10 by Phil_S

Unfortunately that is the creation of the selling shareholders who ensured that all voting rights and decisions were sold away with the shares.

ANd that is why there is an ongoing legal discussion around it. And that is exactly why fans should renew the membership or it almost feels as if the first part of your sentence relates to your actions rather than anything

The mess here was created by those that elected to sell to the first available people.

And that is the reality for all those that defend the chairman and former owners.

It wasn’t that they sold their shares it was the way that the sold them and to whom they sold them. Our present predicament can be traced back to that decision.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024