Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oliver Norwood 16:15 - Aug 3 with 8503 viewsdna

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leeds-united-swanse
Oliver Norwood on 16:19 - Aug 3 with 5366 viewsSwan91

Only 1.5million.... if he is any good and will slot into the first team.. then that price is a no brainer.

Can buy him for 1.5mill and Ryan woods for 6mill and that would be covered by Clucas' 8million sale... I think it is worth it (if both are as good as people say)
Oliver Norwood on 16:26 - Aug 3 with 5290 viewsHip

is he even good? He's been either loaned or sold to different clubs the last 3 years.
Oliver Norwood on 17:02 - Aug 3 with 5089 viewshobo

Done alright at this level. Bring him in if he has the right attitude
Oliver Norwood on 17:05 - Aug 3 with 5057 viewsLoyal

Oliver Norwood on 16:26 - Aug 3 by Hip

is he even good? He's been either loaned or sold to different clubs the last 3 years.

Lukaku ...

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Oliver Norwood on 17:13 - Aug 3 with 4994 viewsandypitt56

Omarjack has mentioned him a few times. I'm sire he will be happy! I don't know much about him.
Oliver Norwood on 17:13 - Aug 3 with 4992 viewsLeonWasGod

Last time I played Football Manager, which must have been at least 10 years ago, he was a promising youth team member with United. Huw must have splashed out on the latest version of FM
Oliver Norwood on 17:16 - Aug 3 with 4962 viewsSwans_16

If Potter wants him then get him in, £1.5 million is nothing-money these days ... So yeah if he fits the bill get him here. Can be no worse than Carroll and Fulton. Only areas we're looking a bit light now at the minute are CM and up-top.
Oliver Norwood on 17:20 - Aug 3 with 4914 viewslondonlisa2001

Oliver Norwood on 17:16 - Aug 3 by Swans_16

If Potter wants him then get him in, £1.5 million is nothing-money these days ... So yeah if he fits the bill get him here. Can be no worse than Carroll and Fulton. Only areas we're looking a bit light now at the minute are CM and up-top.

Centre half?

We’ve sold two and brought one back from loan. One that’s here doesn’t want to be.

Full back? One who doesn’t want to be here and may be gone in the next few days, one senior right back and one left back.

Up front we have exactly one senior forward at the club.

We have a paper thin squad. Have you seen how many youngsters we’ve listed?

We need several players in sharpish.
Login to get fewer ads

Oliver Norwood on 17:21 - Aug 3 with 4897 viewsjasper_T

No one's heard a whisper of interest in Naughton. He's here forever.

Naughton/Roberts/Olsson/Jordi/Lewis is fine depth and quality at fullback for this level.
Oliver Norwood on 17:23 - Aug 3 with 4873 viewsKingBony

If he’s available for 1.5m really is a no brainier, just what we’re looking for.

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Oliver Norwood on 17:27 - Aug 3 with 4840 viewslondonlisa2001

Oliver Norwood on 17:21 - Aug 3 by jasper_T

Naughton/Roberts/Olsson/Jordi/Lewis is fine depth and quality at fullback for this level.

He doesn’t want to be.

Jordan was signed for the 23s. He may step up, but he’s injured seemingly anyway and he wasn’t signed for the first team.

Lewis - who knows whether he can or not.

Paper thin.
Oliver Norwood on 17:31 - Aug 3 with 4773 viewsSwans_16

It's a Championship Squad on a limited budget ... Who do you think we're going to get ?

It's impossible to have at least two decent players in each position at this level (It's arguable whether we ever had such depth as that anyway ...)

Another couple of signings and i think we'll be ok - A CB if Fede leaves, CM is needed, a striker and offloading some of our deadwood Wingers (Now Dyer and Routs). Would also love to see the back of Naughton but we'd have to pay a club to take him off our hands.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2018 17:34]
Oliver Norwood on 17:32 - Aug 3 with 4766 viewsLeonWasGod

Oliver Norwood on 17:20 - Aug 3 by londonlisa2001

Centre half?

We’ve sold two and brought one back from loan. One that’s here doesn’t want to be.

Full back? One who doesn’t want to be here and may be gone in the next few days, one senior right back and one left back.

Up front we have exactly one senior forward at the club.

We have a paper thin squad. Have you seen how many youngsters we’ve listed?

We need several players in sharpish.

Who's the full back who doesn't want to be here and may be gone soon? I haven't heard a peep about Naughts or Olsson. We do need fullback cover, as the new left back is crocked isn't he?

Agreed we could do with a backup CH, 2 if Fed goes.

Wilf is that massive spanner in the works - if they're hoping he can get fit that's your second striker.

That Leon replacement is still a priority for me too - Woods would be a massive signing for us. He'd give us some real balance and is a player who's got the mental toughness and physical strength to play a season.
Oliver Norwood on 17:34 - Aug 3 with 4736 viewslondonlisa2001

Oliver Norwood on 17:31 - Aug 3 by Swans_16

It's a Championship Squad on a limited budget ... Who do you think we're going to get ?

It's impossible to have at least two decent players in each position at this level (It's arguable whether we ever had such depth as that anyway ...)

Another couple of signings and i think we'll be ok - A CB if Fede leaves, CM is needed, a striker and offloading some of our deadwood Wingers (Now Dyer and Routs). Would also love to see the back of Naughton but we'd have to pay a club to take him off our hands.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2018 17:34]

We creatively didn’t have that at full back for a few seasons now.

It’s one reason why we are at this level.

I agree that you can’t have two starters at each position, but having at least some choice is good.

A 19 year old who’s only ever played at development level is not choice. It’s back up. That’s different.
Oliver Norwood on 17:35 - Aug 3 with 4710 viewsDippy

Oliver Norwood on 17:21 - Aug 3 by jasper_T

Bit deluded that statement.

Naughton & Olsson were ok at this level.

Roberts
Jordi
Lewis

Are untested at senior level.. never mind the Championship.

I'm just pointing out facts..

Poll: Cooper Out

Oliver Norwood on 17:36 - Aug 3 with 4686 viewslondonlisa2001

Oliver Norwood on 17:32 - Aug 3 by LeonWasGod

Who's the full back who doesn't want to be here and may be gone soon? I haven't heard a peep about Naughts or Olsson. We do need fullback cover, as the new left back is crocked isn't he?

Agreed we could do with a backup CH, 2 if Fed goes.

Wilf is that massive spanner in the works - if they're hoping he can get fit that's your second striker.

That Leon replacement is still a priority for me too - Woods would be a massive signing for us. He'd give us some real balance and is a player who's got the mental toughness and physical strength to play a season.

Naughton has been saying all summer he wants to go.

Almost before the final whistle.
Oliver Norwood on 17:38 - Aug 3 with 4654 viewsLeonWasGod

Oliver Norwood on 17:36 - Aug 3 by londonlisa2001

Oh ok. Shows how much attention I've been paying!
Oliver Norwood on 17:41 - Aug 3 with 4627 viewslondonlisa2001

Oliver Norwood on 17:38 - Aug 3 by LeonWasGod

Oh ok. Shows how much attention I've been paying!

Lol.

Much the same as I have for much of it I suspect. I hadn’t realised we’d sold Bartley until a couple of days ago. And I certainly didn’t realise we’d sold him to West Brom.
Oliver Norwood on 17:42 - Aug 3 with 4603 viewsBytholWyn

If we're going for a versatile CM I'd much rather we sign Jonny Williams. Had a good pre-season for Palace, but no sign that he features prominently in Hodgson's plans. It would be a risk signing him with his injury record, but at £1 million it would be a worthwhile risk as he's Premier League quality for sure. His performances for Wales have shown that. He could be the makeweight that makes the Jordan deal a goer.
Oliver Norwood on 17:43 - Aug 3 with 4588 views34dfgdf54

Oliver Norwood on 17:42 - Aug 3 by BytholWyn

If we're going for a versatile CM I'd much rather we sign Jonny Williams. Had a good pre-season for Palace, but no sign that he features prominently in Hodgson's plans. It would be a risk signing him with his injury record, but at £1 million it would be a worthwhile risk as he's Premier League quality for sure. His performances for Wales have shown that. He could be the makeweight that makes the Jordan deal a goer.

No thanks!!
Oliver Norwood on 17:46 - Aug 3 with 4567 viewsjasper_T

Oliver Norwood on 17:35 - Aug 3 by Dippy

Bit deluded that statement.

Naughton & Olsson were ok at this level.

Roberts
Jordi
Lewis

Are untested at senior level.. never mind the Championship.

I'm just pointing out facts..

Naughton last played in the Championship in the 10-11 season and scored 5 goals in 34. I'd be more than okay with that.

Olsson has played most of his career in the Premier League (which I'm a bit surprised by). Only two and a half seasons total of Championship football before getting moves up.

Roberts has played at senior level in each of the top four divisions. Hardly untested.
Oliver Norwood on 17:46 - Aug 3 with 4566 viewslondonlisa2001

Oliver Norwood on 17:42 - Aug 3 by BytholWyn

I know it’s all opinions, but my response to that would be ‘Dear God, no.’

Our ‘occasionally creative, normally ineffectual lightweight’ in midfield slot is surely filled by Carroll.

We need a bit of dog.
Oliver Norwood on 17:53 - Aug 3 with 4504 viewsDippy

Oliver Norwood on 17:46 - Aug 3 by jasper_T

Naughton last played in the Championship in the 10-11 season and scored 5 goals in 34. I'd be more than okay with that.

Olsson has played most of his career in the Premier League (which I'm a bit surprised by). Only two and a half seasons total of Championship football before getting moves up.

Roberts has played at senior level in each of the top four divisions. Hardly untested.

Connor Roberts

League Two - 45 apps (two levels below)

PL- 4 apps (2 starts)
Ch - 1 app

So.. 5 games, 3 starts.. that's untested at this 'level'..

The PL2 league is not a great standard.. this belief you have of it, is mental.

Poll: Cooper Out

Oliver Norwood on 17:58 - Aug 3 with 4461 viewsjasper_T

Oliver Norwood on 17:53 - Aug 3 by Dippy

Connor Roberts

League Two - 45 apps (two levels below)

PL- 4 apps (2 starts)
Ch - 1 app

So.. 5 games, 3 starts.. that's untested at this 'level'..

The PL2 league is not a great standard.. this belief you have of it, is mental.

Is League Two not "senior level" in your eyes? I'm just correcting your facts for you.

Connor has only played a handful of games in PL2 all told.
Oliver Norwood on 18:01 - Aug 3 with 4433 viewsMagic_Michu

Oliver Norwood on 17:36 - Aug 3 by londonlisa2001

People have been saying all summer that Naughton wants out but I’ve never actually seen anywhere that he’s said that.

Any links?

I think it’s just wishful thinking.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024