Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some excellent performances tonight 21:21 - Aug 28 with 4249 viewsGaz_M

Very promising signs.

Dhanda we already had an idea would be good, but I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of Harries defensively and on the ball.

James always a threat, but lacks that composure in front of goal.
Some excellent performances tonight on 21:35 - Aug 28 with 4061 viewsicecoldjack

2 good positives for potter, is be playing Dhanda every week, I think he keeps and uses the ball far better than any other midfielder like Carol or Celina.
Some excellent performances tonight on 21:41 - Aug 28 with 3964 viewsawayjack

Yup created plenty and competed well for an hour. James, Dhanda and Harries did well and good to see Nordfelt fit. Lost shape a little after subs.
Some excellent performances tonight on 21:41 - Aug 28 with 3960 viewsJonathans_coat

Some excellent performances tonight on 21:35 - Aug 28 by icecoldjack

2 good positives for potter, is be playing Dhanda every week, I think he keeps and uses the ball far better than any other midfielder like Carol or Celina.

7 debuts for us tonight. Surely some kind of record!

Excellent performance in truth from the young lads, really impressed.
Some excellent performances tonight on 21:43 - Aug 28 with 3915 viewshobo

I don't think James did a lot wrong with the finishes. Went close with a couple and forced a save or two also. On another day he'd have scored. If he keeps his head down and works hard, he has a bright future ahead of him
Some excellent performances tonight on 22:02 - Aug 28 with 3697 viewsDippy

Dhanda played well.. always looking up, brilliant close control and always looking for a positive pass.

Got to give him the nod?

Poll: Cooper Out

Some excellent performances tonight on 22:02 - Aug 28 with 3699 viewsLeonWasGod

Some excellent performances tonight on 21:43 - Aug 28 by hobo

I don't think James did a lot wrong with the finishes. Went close with a couple and forced a save or two also. On another day he'd have scored. If he keeps his head down and works hard, he has a bright future ahead of him

Skewed his first two completey when clean through. That’s never good, although it does make him a typical Swans winger. Bright though, certainly worth persevering with around the fringes of the first team.

Thought Tyler Reid did himself some good tonight too. Not on for long but he looked sharper and more dynamic than John by a long, long way.

I’m not going to join the ritual slaughtering of Naughton as his experience and leadership were vital with those younsters around him. He faded, but I thought him and Carroll were a cut above first half (as you’d expect).
Some excellent performances tonight on 22:14 - Aug 28 with 3566 viewsawayjack

Some excellent performances tonight on 22:02 - Aug 28 by LeonWasGod

Skewed his first two completey when clean through. That’s never good, although it does make him a typical Swans winger. Bright though, certainly worth persevering with around the fringes of the first team.

Thought Tyler Reid did himself some good tonight too. Not on for long but he looked sharper and more dynamic than John by a long, long way.

I’m not going to join the ritual slaughtering of Naughton as his experience and leadership were vital with those younsters around him. He faded, but I thought him and Carroll were a cut above first half (as you’d expect).

Reid looked solid albeit lost our shape after subs.
Some excellent performances tonight on 00:12 - Aug 29 with 3233 viewsCeejay

Yep. I enjoyed tonight (as much as you can in defeat.)

James a bit hasty snatching at his early chance but after that he only had half chances. Great pace and movement from him.

Yan Dhanda impressed first half quick and good feet. Comfortable taking the ball in space and tight areas. He reminded me of a young LB7.

Harries on times looked very assured and defied his first team inexperience.

Similarly CBR was full of running and gave their defence plenty to think about. Always offered himself and was a good outlet.

Hopefully Potter can give these guys minutes and bring them on to be established first teamers over the next year or two.
Login to get fewer ads

Some excellent performances tonight on 04:18 - Aug 29 with 3064 viewsTecmo

Definitely feeling better about the depth at centerback now. Dhanda was excellent as well besides some rather poor free kicks, hopefully he will get more playing time. Thought CBR did well holding up the ball at least.
Some excellent performances tonight on 06:28 - Aug 29 with 2974 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Some excellent performances tonight on 00:12 - Aug 29 by Ceejay

Yep. I enjoyed tonight (as much as you can in defeat.)

James a bit hasty snatching at his early chance but after that he only had half chances. Great pace and movement from him.

Yan Dhanda impressed first half quick and good feet. Comfortable taking the ball in space and tight areas. He reminded me of a young LB7.

Harries on times looked very assured and defied his first team inexperience.

Similarly CBR was full of running and gave their defence plenty to think about. Always offered himself and was a good outlet.

Hopefully Potter can give these guys minutes and bring them on to be established first teamers over the next year or two.

Remember Cian had first team experience whilst at Coventry. Great to see these youngsters beinglookedat. We also have Ben Cabango out on loan who was playing well for TNS in their champions league and Europa league qualifiers
Some excellent performances tonight on 07:29 - Aug 29 with 2872 viewsSwanseaisgreat

Does Declan John look a good replacement for Olsson?
Some excellent performances tonight on 08:08 - Aug 29 with 2766 viewsLeonWasGod

Some excellent performances tonight on 07:29 - Aug 29 by Swanseaisgreat

Does Declan John look a good replacement for Olsson?

No.

He must be rusty as hell so that will have to be taken into account, but still...
Some excellent performances tonight on 08:46 - Aug 29 with 2637 viewsswan65split

yep some good performances , glad to see the enthusiasm in the side.
Biggest worry for me is lack of muscle, and youth, I just hope the master plan works.the championship is not the right league to experiment.
Some excellent performances tonight on 09:49 - Aug 29 with 2543 viewskrunchykarrot

Agree with most comments on here very pleasing first half with the Swans playing good with a good shape at pace, Dhanda looks every inch a player but i fear lightweight and we have a few of those. Byers or Cian were outstanding either being MOM.
Some excellent performances tonight on 18:15 - Aug 29 with 2263 viewsperplex

Such excitement over a few decent performances against a second or even third string outfit.
Some excellent performances tonight on 18:39 - Aug 29 with 2204 viewsjasper_T

Some excellent performances tonight on 18:15 - Aug 29 by perplex

Such excitement over a few decent performances against a second or even third string outfit.

Why shouldn't there be? Our second string standing up well to a Premier League second string that cost upwards of £60m to assemble (plus Max Meyer's extortionate wage) is justifiable cause for some excitement.

We're looking for depth for the Championship and some more names have presented themselves (to people who haven't been watching the u23s the last few years).
Some excellent performances tonight on 18:54 - Aug 29 with 2163 viewsFlashberryjack

Pleasantly surprised by the youngsters last night, some shone a bit more than others, but not a single one of them let themselves or the shirt down.

Well done lads you did us proud, work hard, keep focused, and we'll be seeing a lot more of you.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Some excellent performances tonight on 19:23 - Aug 29 with 2122 viewsBadlands

Both CBs looked capable of stepping up. Excellent from both but Cooper, at 18, deserves special mention.
For me Dhanda, like Celina, would get bounced around the park against the majority of Championship sides.
Don't want either to lose confidence.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Some excellent performances tonight on 20:39 - Aug 30 with 1877 viewskrunchykarrot

Some excellent performances tonight on 18:15 - Aug 29 by perplex

I genuinly thought that they played well against some very experienced players, one of whom RB is destined for the very top. And the last time i got excited over a performance was another U23 Rodons debut equally matched by Cian.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024